GOWEN STaRTER DECK vs FOLRaRT GUaRDIan!!

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: GOWEN STaRTER DECK vs FOLRaRT GUaRDIan!!

Postby 091888 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:39 am

use dispel (rare card ) if anyone have it it is good mercury 0 def haha brought smile to gms face all 0 def ........ to your opponent everyone be happy 0 def ....... ;a41 ;a40 ;zagar

Postby ktchong » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:22 pm

I think against Folrart Guardians, you want to use a Character, Unit or Grimoire that can either (a) bypass an enemy unit's DF and deliver big damages directly on the unit's HP, or (b) cancel an enemy unit's DF. The problem is the Gowen Starter File does not include any such Character or Unit, nor enough Grimoire to effectively counter Folrart Guardians.

I browsed through the Card List for Gowen, and here are some Gowen cards that could counter Folrart Guardians with buffed AT and DF. (Refess players frequently buff a Folrart Guardian's AT and DF -- but not HP -- to maximize her Counter Skill.) Here they are, in the order of rarity (their rarities in parentheses):

• Berserker (*): His Berserk skill (costs 1 SP) sets a random enemy unit within range to HP=0 and sends the Berserker to the Cemetery. A Berserker has a low base HP of 20 and RNG of 1, so he must take a little risk and get into the front row to hit a Folrart Guardian. Fortunately, a Berserker is faster than most Refess front-line units. The problem is the Berserker may or may not hit the right enemy unit; either way he goes to the Cemetery right afterward. So I think this unit depends too much on luck especially if the opponent has more than one unit in the front line.

• Dragonscale Sword Warrior (*): His Dragonscale Slash action skill (costs 3 SP) subtracts AT directly from the HP of a random row of enemy units within range. His base AT is 50 and RNG is 1, which means he will hit a Folrart Guardian's row. If his AT is raised 20 to 70, (i.e., the Magic Weapon Grimoire can do just that,) then he will kill a Folrart Guardian (along with most other enemy units in the front row) in one shot. The only problem is that this unit is very slow and has only 1 AGI. He is slower than a Folrart Guardian with 2 AGI, so he may not survive long enough to slash the Folrart Knight's row.

• Fire Arrow (*): With a high Gowen level, this relatively cheap (3 SP) Grimoire can take out most any major threat, including a buffed Folrart Guardian. Before a Refess opponent sets a Folrart Guardian, he may use Lost Tome and try to remove a Fire Arrow from your Card File; and he may repeat that tactic twice or thrice. Counter his Lost Tomes by packing multiple Fire Arrows and a few more Grimoires in your Card File.

• Lethal Archer (*): After he ranks up, his Slaying Arrow skill (costs 3 SP) sets one random disengaged enemy unit to HP=0. His RNG is 3 and AGI is 3, so put him safely in the back behind two rows, and he should be able to kill a slower (and therefore disengaged) Folrart Guardian whose AGI is 2. The good thing is that if he misses the Folrart Guardian and hits another unit, he won't trigger the Folrart Guardian's Counter Skill.

• Mercenary (*): Rank up a Mercenary, level up him a few times, and his beefed-up AT will kill a Folrart Guardian in one shot. His beefed-up DF will withstand the Folrart Guardian's Counter Skill.

• Der Freischütz (**): His Freikugel skill (costs 1 SP) targets an enemy unit of DF 1 or higher, and sets that unit AT-20, DF=0 and AGI-2. His RNG is 3, so he can safely use his skill from a distance. This unit is probably the best counter against Folrart Knights as well as most Refess units.

• God Hand / Diosaur (***): His Legendary Strike skill (costs 1 SP) will subtract his AT (base is 40) directly from the HP of a column of enemy units within range (base is 2). If his AT is boosted to 70, which is possible, he will kill a Folrart Guardian in one shot.

• God Lance / Estoma (***): His God Lance skill (costs 2 SP) subtracts his AT (base is 40) directly from the HP of a random column of enemy units in range. His RNG is 2, so he can be placed safely outside a Folrart Guardian's RNG. If Estoma has a sufficiently buffed AT and/or randomly hits a Folrart Guardians' column twice, then Folrart Guardian is dead. The good thing is if he does not hits the right column, then he won't trigger the Folrart Guardian's Counter Skill.

• Bounty Hunter / Elena (*****): Her Bounty Hunt skill (costs 3 SP) sets a random enemy unit within range and level 4 or above to HP=0. When an opponent uses Folrart Guardian, the Folrart Guardian is usually the only level 4 or above unit in the enemy's front row. Elena's RNG is 3, so put her in the back row behind two occupied front rows, and she should should hit a Folrart Guardian.

• Flame Emperor / Allind (*****): Allind's Open Skill subtracts 50 directly from the HP of all units. Then his Tyrant of Scorching Flame skill (costs 3 SP) subtracts another 50 directly from the HP of a target enemy unit. So, 50 Open + 50 Action, and he should be able to eliminate a Folrart Knight in his first turn. He has 120 HP, so he will be able to withstand a revived Folrart Guardian's Counter Skill. Unfortunately, Allind, which costs 9 SP to set and whose special skill costs 3 SP, is an expensive counter to a Folrart Guardian.

• Flame of Hatred / Dullin (EX): This is an old limited-edition EX card, so it is likely an infeasible solution for most players. Dullin is a suicidal level-3 Character useful for a "field wipe". In his first turn, he automatically subtracts his MAX HP (base is 80) from the HP of all units, and then he goes to the cemetery. The 80 direct damages on everything should wipe out a Folrart Guardian along with all other units on the field.

• EX: The Red Mantle / DeFau (EX): Another EX card that is impractical for most players. DeFau's Open Skill sets an enemy unit's DF=0, and adds the enemy unit's original DF value to a friendly unit's AT. So, DeFau can steal and transfer a Folrart Guardian's (buffed) DF to a front-line unit's AT, which should become sufficiently high to kill the Folrart Guardian with 0 DF.
Last edited by ktchong on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
ktchong

Postby Logress » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:07 am

Don't forget that Estoma can self-buff his own attack for 0 SP, so he's a little easier to use than the other units listed here that require an AT Buff to be effective.

I would also put Monk of the Single Strike on the list, as he can one-shot an unbuffed Guardian, and he doesn't need any buffing to do it.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:37 am

I think freischütz's assassin skill is much better.
Peralisc2

Postby Romdeau » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:54 am

Logress wrote:I would also put Monk of the Single Strike on the list, as he can one-shot an unbuffed Guardian, and he doesn't need any buffing to do it.

Technically, he does-the rank up isn't free.
Romdeau

Postby exemplar » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Could always try the eggs-all-in-one-basket route.

Highland Born Hunter + Kurina buff + Charge! with 3 enemies on the opposing side = 70 AT Penetrates to stop guardian from taking a turn or countering.

To make sure highland lives long enough, put him in second row along with Samurai Girl and put something up front thats expendable to take the hits and die.
exemplar

Postby ktchong » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:31 am

Logress wrote:I would also put Monk of the Single Strike on the list, as he can one-shot an unbuffed Guardian, and he doesn't need any buffing to do it.

Refess players frequently buff a Folrart Guardian's AT and (especially) DF, but not HP, to maximize her Counter Skill. If a Folrart Guardian's DF and/or HP is buffed at all, (and most likely both will be,) a Monk of the Single Strike will be useless against her. All the Refess players who used a Folrart Guardian (those I encountered) cast a Blessing on the Guardian as soon as her came out on the field, (and they usually had at least two Folrart Guardians, plus a Grimoire or two to revive her.)

You should include one of those * or ** units from my list in an upcoming Gowen Reinforcement Pack, so Gowen players will get a fair chance against Folrart Guardians.
ktchong

Postby 091888 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:33 am

maybe you can pack dispel into it too please refress i mean my deck only have 1 guardian it can not win other guardian deck , add dispel ,maybe the set 2 spear man , burning sun ( it is useless )lv 4 ,set 2 revive spell which is lv 5 , 1 magic bolt to kill lv 1 to 2 mobs or RMA rapid magic archer for (extra pack) notice that no forlant flying knight (lv 2 hit and run unit )it is annoying + normally ppl need only one if you add it in you may lose in your sale 150 grans anyway the reinforcement pack alway have 1 or 2 at most 3 to 4 cards that are weak or useless to the way that you are playing

Postby Phenoca » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:27 am

Logress wrote:I've only seen leathal archer used effectively once, and the Iczer told me he included it because it really helps him against Guardian.

I only use it vs. Batora : P
But it also pwned Bernet.

Also - I wouldn't recommend starting the game with Berserker... It hurts your SP.
But I would use Mercenary, Magic Sword Dual-Wielder, and - ha - metas.
What was the other guy - Bazgar?
Phenoca

Postby hexagram » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:09 am

worthing wrote:2 archer 1 efret in soul cards zone 2 3 4, gg

Hindsight- the power or blocking archers.

Worthings first post- the beginnings of a champion (albeit a runner up twice)

Did they nerf folrart guardian- wonder what it was like before

according to logress the most complained about card- even an article on alteil page on how to counter it with all four spheres

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum