Aegis, the phantom menace?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Aegis, the phantom menace?

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm

I dont want to give any opinion about it other than that the players take too long to make a damn move with its autoskill.
Also i dont use it and i dont really like it -> i am not impressed by it.

thats all
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:35 pm

darklogos wrote:The reason Aegis is an issue currently is because Dagon forced the meta to play with less grims. Grims beat aegis all the time. But if Aegis is being played 9 times out of 10 dagon is being played as well. I have a tri-sphere deck that uses Aegis and he copies the buffs from my fastest unit over to one of my slower units. This way I can get 2-3 strong attacks in before my opponent. The downside to this is that if I don't kill my opponent they can rest up or finish off my side of the field. Its a risk. But most people aren't playing Aegis with such an obvious weakness.

Except the mass extinctions making a comeback =p
I haven't played Dagon that much, but i am starting to feel i really need him b/c of Fireballs, Returns, and Revives (for guardians)

Back to Aegis:
Love this card so much (mainly for the mirror). He is so versatile and can be used in so many different ways. With the right units you can have a strong control of the field. Doing Auto > Action would tone him down a bit.
ANIMEniac

Postby Nehless » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:41 pm

ANIME, that is the point. I've used him on countless occasions and sometimes all I need is Eskatia, Aegis, and Dagon to hurt the opponent hard. Add some cemetery rats and it's a done deal.
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby Cotillion » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:39 am

Nehless wrote:ANIME, that is the point. I've used him on countless occasions

Wow I thought Aegis was a girl, I should read the flavor text sometime.
"...in order to see the world and grasp it as paradoxical, we must break with our familiar acceptance of it..."
Cotillion

Postby Xuande » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:07 am

I'm not experienced enough to know, but to me, being able to throw Dagon's 1 AGI/0 AT onto an enemy's strongest unit and then hitting that unit for half its max hp, all for 1 SP on a Lv2 with average HP and high AGI, is way too much. I don't really think any Lv2 should have that power without some serious setup or serious drawback to it.
Primclone=Broken (now a Lv1 guild!) Don't waste my time pretending you want a fair match. Own up to it so you can get your free RP and I can play someone else.
Xuande

Postby Harion » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:49 am

Xuande wrote:I'm not experienced enough to know, but to me, being able to throw Dagon's 1 AGI/0 AT onto an enemy's strongest unit and then hitting that unit for half its max hp, all for 1 SP on a Lv2 with average HP and high AGI, is way too much. I don't really think any Lv2 should have that power without some serious setup or serious drawback to it.

xuande should know since he just beat my dragon/guardian deck senseless with aegis :p
aegis is deadly against both small and big creature decks
and i fought someone who used that refess priest that revives lawtia units as skill and i couldn;t kill aegis even with grims or ss
plus when revive he takes another action
it was crazy
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Xuande » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:50 pm

I wish I had a playset of Aegis, but I only have one, and I don't use it in any decks. I would for sure if I had three.
Primclone=Broken (now a Lv1 guild!) Don't waste my time pretending you want a fair match. Own up to it so you can get your free RP and I can play someone else.
Xuande

Postby Nehless » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:04 am

Cotillion + Kazama use Healing Priest + Aegis >_< it's a ridiculous combo
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby hexagram » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:52 am

aegis- no one worries about it now

Where did danthetimid go- has a life?

Apart from gota do the other users still post/play

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:07 am

Who the **** uses flying attack?
In the rare case that u need to take out back row diondora, aegis can't kill.
Icyman2

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum