Refess's Answer to Gowen Combo?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Refess's Answer to Gowen Combo?

Postby Skyress » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Cyanide wrote:but that requires a 5 star card and relies alot more on luck so thats asking a bit much.

lol i actually know some1 who has basicly all the characters of refress. The chars i remeber him using against me was lapiere, verlat, dragon rider, abel, light chaser, and even though he didnt use it, he had like 6 zagars if he told me right. :shock: ya i know, but surprisingly i took him down easily seeing that he could barely revive and it probally helped that i am using gowen. I think that refress's main answer to gowens panther soul card is using soul cards that do dmg such as some1 like djiin which could would kill brave soldier in 1 hitif u have a high enough lvl which is 3 so thats now very much. I would prefer colum and row doing dmg though because as some1 metioned earlier that the opponent will probally bring out some1 like combat monk or kurina so not only could u do some good dmg to brave soldier but also finish those higher agi guys.
Skyress

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:41 pm

Skyress wrote:
Cyanide wrote:but that requires a 5 star card and relies alot more on luck so thats asking a bit much.

lol i actually know some1 who has basicly all the characters of refress. The chars i remeber him using against me was lapiere, verlat, dragon rider, abel, light chaser, and even though he didnt use it, he had like 6 zagars if he told me right. :shock: ya i know, but surprisingly i took him down easily seeing that he could barely revive and it probally helped that i am using gowen. I think that refress's main answer to gowens panther soul card is using soul cards that do dmg such as some1 like djiin which could would kill brave soldier in 1 hitif u have a high enough lvl which is 3 so thats now very much. I would prefer colum and row doing dmg though because as some1 metioned earlier that the opponent will probally bring out some1 like combat monk or kurina so not only could u do some good dmg to brave soldier but also finish those higher agi guys.

Did you just quote me and credit Cyanide with my quote?

So far I have to say, using soul cards truly seems to be the only real option refess has against this combo which is pretty ridiculous. Whats more, I just ran into an opponent who had 3 brave soldier and 3 panther soul, against such an opponent... I actually think its IMPOSSIBLE for refess to win (assuming both players are of equal skill). Even with multiple Lapierre (who won't even necessarily get her attack off before brave soldier, won't necessarily hit brave soldiers row, and requires multiple attacks to take him out, with atleast one of them costing you 2 sp) theres so many ways for a gowen player to destroy her (including his own soul cards), and even if you use soul cards to take him out (and you need to be using the right ones, the 30 damage row/column or 40 damage to 2 units ones won't stop him, its gotta be something that does 50 or more damage or something that auto kills like assassin, so basically you have to build your first 3 soul cards specifically to deal with this little combo) even then your now down 3 soul cards to 0, that is a MASSIVE hole to be in. Coming back from 1 soul card is viable, maybe even 2 if your opponent goofs up, but needing 3 soul cards to stop a combo, you better be one of the best in the game and they better be one of the most inept players in the game or playing out the game really isn't worth your time.

If any refess player EVER finds a way to stop this combo, please let the masses know, cause right now it seems no matter how many cards you own Refess truly does not have a viable answer for this combo and thus is not a viable clan to be using.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Phades » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:33 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:
Skyress wrote:

Did you just quote me and credit Cyanide with my quote?

So far I have to say, using soul cards truly seems to be the only real option refess has against this combo which is pretty ridiculous. Whats more, I just ran into an opponent who had 3 brave soldier and 3 panther soul, against such an opponent... I actually think its IMPOSSIBLE for refess to win (assuming both players are of equal skill). Even with multiple Lapierre (who won't even necessarily get her attack off before brave soldier, won't necessarily hit brave soldiers row, and requires multiple attacks to take him out, with atleast one of them costing you 2 sp) theres so many ways for a gowen player to destroy her (including his own soul cards), and even if you use soul cards to take him out (and you need to be using the right ones, the 30 damage row/column or 40 damage to 2 units ones won't stop him, its gotta be something that does 50 or more damage or something that auto kills like assassin, so basically you have to build your first 3 soul cards specifically to deal with this little combo) even then your now down 3 soul cards to 0, that is a MASSIVE hole to be in. Coming back from 1 soul card is viable, maybe even 2 if your opponent goofs up, but needing 3 soul cards to stop a combo, you better be one of the best in the game and they better be one of the most inept players in the game or playing out the game really isn't worth your time.

If any refess player EVER finds a way to stop this combo, please let the masses know, cause right now it seems no matter how many cards you own Refess truly does not have a viable answer for this combo and thus is not a viable clan to be using.

I have a question regarding this situation. I haven't been able to test it myself, but what is the interaction between http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=78 soul skill and the rank up trait options, if any? Is it going to affect the base attributes and buff it to 30atk and 2 rng, while ignoring the panther soul and normal rank up effect, or are the rank ups going to be treated as permenant stats while the conditions are met and tone him back down to "reasonable" levels?

*edit* i know this isnt a viable solution with multiple copies, but the line of thought was similar to yours dan.

At this time i am fairly positive refress must use a secondary color in order to overcome some of the combos that exist within the game. The only question remains is, can refress produce enough SP while maintaining units and pull the support items from the other colors to counter the problematic situations in a timely fashion?

*edit 2* Invisible druid would be risky but possible, considering the 50 auto damage and option to recycle if sucessful.
Phades

Postby Grain » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:45 pm

Phades wrote:I have a question regarding this situation. I haven't been able to test it myself, but what is the interaction between http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=78 soul skill and the rank up trait options, if any? Is it going to affect the base attributes and buff it to 30atk and 2 rng, while ignoring the panther soul and normal rank up effect, or are the rank ups going to be treated as permenant stats while the conditions are met and tone him back down to "reasonable" levels?

*edit* i know this isnt a viable solution with multiple copies, but the line of thought was similar to yours dan.

At this time i am fairly positive refress must use a secondary color in order to overcome some of the combos that exist within the game. The only question remains is, can refress produce enough SP while maintaining units and pull the support items from the other colors to counter the problematic situations in a timely fashion?

From what I imagine,the rank up is is permament, and the soul skill adds to the already ranked up card.

If the card dies and is revived, the soul skill buffs.
Grain

Postby Sarkath » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:01 pm

From what I imagine,the rank up is is permament, and the soul skill adds to the already ranked up card.

And the rank up of Monk can be a heavy blower to most starter deck defenses. That was my main problem with Lawtia vs Gowen. I had problems, since the monks one-hit killed my main defenses with 5 agility. You may be able to hold a defense, but your cards won't.

I hope you guys will be able to find a way around with the starter decks. I've gotten an average way, but it's the Lawtia way.

What I did was, take out monk/bellydancer before they can react, or without getting my unit killed with either full or very little life. This means I included my soul cards as a strategy, but it works to every deck, not just Gowen.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby Grain » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:06 pm

I doubt many Gowen Iczers are parading [card=78]Black Cat/Fellana[/card] in their files.

Except maybe the one which shell out $100+.
Grain

Postby Moratorius » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:14 pm

Grain wrote:I doubt many Gowen Iczers are parading [card=78]Black Cat/Fellana[/card] in their files.

It works quite well as an instant debuff, and I know of at least one Gowen Iczer who runs it for that use :).
Moratorius

Postby Grain » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:22 pm

Grain wrote:
Phades wrote:I have a question regarding this situation. I haven't been able to test it myself, but what is the interaction between http://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=78 soul skill and the rank up trait options, if any? Is it going to affect the base attributes and buff it to 30atk and 2 rng, while ignoring the panther soul and normal rank up effect, or are the rank ups going to be treated as permenant stats while the conditions are met and tone him back down to "reasonable" levels?

I read this incorrectly.

The soul skill should override any rankup.
Grain

Postby CalebTheWise » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:21 am

Grain wrote:I doubt many Gowen Iczers are parading [card=78]Black Cat/Fellana[/card] in their files.

2 LP and the ability to turn LaBeau into a <housecat>? I'll tap that. ^_^
CalebTheWise

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum