Can it get any lamer? 3x LeBeau SC...

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Can it get any lamer? 3x LeBeau SC...

Postby Tenkai » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:57 pm

This game gets "cheaper" every new day: just faced another dude with 3x LeBeau SC.

By the way: is it me, or is the player base decreasing? There was a time when I saw like 100+ ppl everday, now it's barely 50.
Tenkai

Postby Aether » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Grain wrote:Are you Refess?

I'm Gowen, but I usually kill it off with a Soul Card and sometimes with the help of creatures. If I can have a creature with high enough agility to have a chance of attacking it first, I'll try using it, or I simply have more than one creature out so after it kills of one card, I have one more to attack back with. Like I said, if the creatures fail, I finish it off with a Soul Card.

I have to agree, the combo may be slightly overpowered, but, in my eyes, it is not as broken as LeBeau's Soul Card.
;a40 Accounts: Alpha 121 / Aether
Aether

Postby Phades » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Tenkai wrote:This game gets "cheaper" every new day: just faced another dude with 3x LeBeau SC.

By the way: is it me, or is the player base decreasing? There was a time when I saw like 100+ ppl everday, now it's barely 50.

Initial game craze, followed by player stagnation due to newer players losing far more frequently than they win. Loss->disinteres->quit. A free game with no real investment yeilds no reason to stay if dissatisfied.
Phades

Postby Grain » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:22 pm

Aether wrote:
Grain wrote:Are you Refess?

I'm Gowen, but I usually kill it off with a Soul Card and sometimes with the help of creatures. If I can have a creature with high enough agility to have a chance of attacking it first, I'll try using it, or I simply have more than one creature out so after it kills of one card, I have one more to attack back with. Like I said, if the creatures fail, I finish it off with a Soul Card.

I have to agree, the combo may be slightly overpowered, but, in my eyes, it is not as broken as LeBeau's Soul Card.

I can't help but feel this statement is bias. Even if it isn't as bad as LeBeau, do you think that makes it okay?
Grain

Postby Aether » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:00 am

Grain wrote:I can't help but feel this statement is bias. Even if it isn't as bad as LeBeau, do you think that makes it okay?

I am basing my statements from my experience playing the game. I have only played Gowen, so I cannot speak for the other factions. Right now, I see the Brave Soldier + Panther Soul Combo as a strong one, but not an unbeatable one and not necessarily a broken one. If I were to experience playing against this combo while using another faction my outlook on it may change.
;a40 Accounts: Alpha 121 / Aether
Aether

Postby Grain » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:13 am

Aether wrote:
Grain wrote:I can't help but feel this statement is bias. Even if it isn't as bad as LeBeau, do you think that makes it okay?

I am basing my statements from my experience playing the game. I have only played Gowen, so I cannot speak for the other factions. Right now, I see the Brave Soldier + Panther Soul Combo as a strong one, but not an unbeatable one and not necessarily a broken one. If I were to experience playing against this combo while using another faction my outlook on it may change.

Well, I found 2 Dispels and a return through lottery & gaining levels, so I don't think that LeBeau is hard at all, you just need the right cards.
Grain

Postby Cyanide » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:15 am

Just like you need the right cards to beat panther soul combo, Panther soul is easier to beat as Falkow and by the sounds of it other colours barring Refess too.
;a38
Cyanide

Postby Csquared » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:16 am

I've used this tactic myself in the past, so I feel obligated to point out its weaknesses. It is pretty hard to get around of course, but that's kind of the point of any of the combos you use. But every color does have a way to deal with it. Gowen obviously has the berserker. Lawtia has the assassin or merciless death. Refess has dispel. Falkow has any number of options depending on the situation (returning the card or HP minus cards).

That said, there's no such thing as a perfect deck. I've been finding that a lot of times it's all about luck. Sometimes its a straightforward game. Sometimes you just happen to have a deck that perfectly counters your opponent's strategy, and sometimes it's the other way around. It's pretty much the same in any CCG. The key I guess is to try to have some type of solution, but of course then your deck becomes more unfocused. But honestly having one berserker, assassin, or merciless death in your deck is usually not a bad idea in my eyes. Especially since the berserker and merciless death won't cost you LP, and they can generally be useful. Assassin not so much since it can cost you LP, and dispel might be a waste if your opponent doesn't use defense. But hey, if you have three copies of each card you want, that's twenty-four cards. There are worse ways to fill that last slot.

CSquared
Take the Challenge of the Fortnight!
Win new cards as well as point cards!
Csquared

Postby Nai_Hime » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:56 am

o - that card - I like to drop one of those on my azure dragon or deep sea squid if their out - failing that stick it on a scythe.

Also if you wanted you could craft your deck to deal with the problem (I can't be bothered - seen as I hit the problem rarely although the person who ended my winning streak had 3 of these in a row). My retort of course would be having 3 scythes and a djinn in my last 4 slots (all falkow x20 damage) and holding the front line long enough to get azure out.

If you have a water sourcerer you could drop the units agi below 0 or above 6 and then return it aswell.
Nai_Hime

Postby reddwood » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:35 pm

everytime i play against one we just get a draw its really boring i just hit the animated dead with minus 20 at and we draw it out forever
reddwood

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum