Can it get any lamer? 3x LeBeau SC...

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Can it get any lamer? 3x LeBeau SC...

Postby Eeyore » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:49 am

Reddwood, I think that was the perfect answer. It's really boring. And since neither of you can beat the other obviously the card itself is the answer for that boredom since it is obviously the reason for the draw.

Assassin should take care of this problem I suggest you save Assassin for the very end game and maybe you'll avoid some of these draws. Then again Flesh Recycle will take care of her so you better have multiple copies.
Eeyore

Postby Phades » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:27 pm

Regardless of if there is an answer somewhere within the card files, they are not all within the starter card files. Furthermore, the card should have upper limits on activation use. For example DF+ x5 number of cards in graveyard (max 30~50?) and only 1 character card may be placed into the soul file section per type. Azure dragon or zombie lord can't be returned for example as a problem to one of the "solutions" to dealing with the combination, but even something as simple as a regenerator knight can prove to be problematic depending on the situation when used in conjunction with the killing machine soul effect.
Phades

Postby Savin877 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:34 am

Initial game craze, followed by player stagnation due to newer players losing far more frequently than they win. Loss->disinteres->quit. A free game with no real investment yeilds no reason to stay if dissatisfied.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Went up against 4 LeBeau users tonight. All except one of them had 3 in their SC section and the other player had 2. No starter deck can get around 3 units with 60+ DEF. It doesnt happen. Thus the people who start playing leave because they cannot win. Heck, even people who have played and have a strategy formed but havent bought anymore cards to get the ones they need to counter (Berserker, Assasin, Dispel, Return) usually will end up losing too. I know I did all 4 times. One return just isnt enough.
Savin877

Postby Porky » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:46 am

Are the complaints really warranted? Sure i play Falkow so I can return with multiple ways. You're complaining about LeBeau as a soul card but if you time it well, you could wipe the field and then Iczer attacking them directly and wasting his Lebeau's. The x20 dmg soul cards can also be useful, and there are plenty of other soul cards that reduce hp to zero, or cards with abilities to place the card into the graveyard.

Its beatable and if you expect their strategy/reliance on the SC its overcommable.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby radishlaw » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:46 am

I got into the Chinese CB yesterday, and they swapped the soul skill with Dical's.
I am not sure if that would help the situation, but at least Dical is a rarer card, right?
radishlaw

Postby Savin877 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:14 pm

Porky wrote:Are the complaints really warranted? Sure i play Falkow so I can return with multiple ways. You're complaining about LeBeau as a soul card but if you time it well, you could wipe the field and then Iczer attacking them directly and wasting his Lebeau's. The x20 dmg soul cards can also be useful, and there are plenty of other soul cards that reduce hp to zero, or cards with abilities to place the card into the graveyard.

Its beatable and if you expect their strategy/reliance on the SC its overcommable.

Its the fact that someone like my brother who wants to play a free card game, is getting beaten continuously because he keeps getting matched up against Lawtia players who are 22/1, 33/4, 18/1, and 27/2, that make the game unplayable. Nobody wants to play against that continuously. Most people dont have the cards needed to counter it. All they do is sit there and wait for the game to run out so they can have an unbeatable wall in the front. Whatever though, I didnt make the ability, but I definitely think it either needs to be toned down or their needs to be a limit of one named card in your Soul set.
Savin877

Postby Eeyore » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:00 pm

Savin tell your brother to try Urban Rivals. It's completely free and easy to get the nice cards. They do a great job of banning over-powered cards from competitive play rooms. It's free to play for the most part. I think you need to pay like under $2.00 one time and one time only to unlock the market where you can buy and sell every card in the game. It's completely different then this game.

Have fun!
Eeyore

Postby Savin877 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:29 pm

Eeyore wrote:Savin tell your brother to try Urban Rivals. It's completely free and easy to get the nice cards. They do a great job of banning over-powered cards from competitive play rooms. It's free to play for the most part. I think you need to pay like under $2.00 one time and one time only to unlock the market where you can buy and sell every card in the game. It's completely different then this game.

Have fun!

Ill have him try it. Hes only 12 (but really smart) so I felt bad when he kept losing to the Lawtia decks with 2-3 LeBeau SCs. Hes getting better though now. He still cant beat Lawtia but at least he is winning against other deck types.

I on the other hand keep getting wailed on, and cannot figure out a strategy against Lawtia. If they use 1 LeBeau I can counter it with my 1 return card, but if they have 2 or 3 I am hosed. I am using the starter deck, and only have 1 return and 1 witch, so I cant do much. Any suggestions, I am tired of losing against people who have 25+ consecutive wins just because they are using 2-3 LeBeaus.
Savin877

Postby friedtofu » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:20 am

Well. It might be a waste but Expert Sorcerer is pretty good. Though.... maybe you might not be able to use him fast enough? ... I got 2 - one with the Falkrow deck and 1 from leveling up.

By the end game, there should be an SP boom, so one or two uses of his skill isn't going to hurt.
friedtofu

Postby slashzero » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:05 am

As long as your opponent isn't using an auto-revive unit, I find the best way to counter LeBeau Soul is to keep a 20x Sphere card in the back of your Soul Cards and use them to fry the unit. Sure, it's not foolproof, but it's something that gives me something to work with given a good third of the duels I play in Folrart Arena bring me up against LeBeau Souls.

Other good stratagems: Return/Flesh Recycle for Animated Dead, Fellana's Soul Effect, Assassin. I'm sure there's some more out there as well.
Last edited by slashzero on Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slashzero

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum