If You Hate Lebeau

Strategies and Card File Construction

If You Hate Lebeau

Postby Grain » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Even if you hate the Lebeau soul skill, please, don't hate the Iczer.
Grain

Re: If You Hate Lebeau

Postby Skyress » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:12 pm

Grain wrote:Even if you hate the Lebeau soul skill, please, don't hate the Iczer.

yes i agree with grain, just because u get beaten doesnt mean that u should hate the iczer. The last i had was against some1 who used the Lebeau SS and i was about to win but because of those cards i was beaten down pretty hard( against elite crest knight and crest regen. knight, both had lebeau) but i managed to break through, although it took sometime since my opponent knew i would pull out my berserker to break through his defenses so he stopped me momentarily and i ended up winning the game and after that we both agreed that it was a very well played out game and we became friends. Some of u will probally say i wouldnt understand how annoying and frustrating it is to lose against the lebeau sc because i didnt lose but my point is this is just a game for entertainment. yes winning feels good and all but this is just a game, so go make friends with the iczers and look at how well u played the game and see how much u had fun
Skyress

Postby DearestNight » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:47 pm

As a lawtia, my experiences have been varied. Sadly, all with negative results. Today I tried a multitude of things.

1)I removed Labeau, and used dryads instead. I won, but I have Eskatia and Annarose. So I was insulted for actually investing in a game where people deserve to be paid.

2) I put Labeau back in. Used him on a reviver, Zombie, the typical, as I was getting whooped. Unfortunately, this also resulted in insults.

These are the two biggest examples. So far, what I've learned from playing, is that investing in the game long term to get the better cards makes you a bad lawtia player, and using Labeau, also makes you a bad lawtia player. Essentially, if I dont stick with the starter (which has Labeau....) I'm a bad player. @_@ This isn't to say I don't meet a lot of amazingly friendly people. My friends list has grown far and wide, I've had some amazing close matches that I've both won and lost, and with some I've even spent more time talking after the match, than we did playing it.

With him, or without him, I can still get my @$$ severely handed to me, and do, return, dispel, fire tornado, and when I use my dryads instead, oh man does it get even worse. But it's FUN! And truth be told? I'd rather have Labeau reduced, and in exchange get a more versatile defense that you don't have to bet all your chips on.

Just my two cents.
Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting. ~ Maxims of Ptahhotep, 3400 B.C.
DearestNight

Postby Grain » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:38 pm

Using LeBeau or Eskatia certainly doesn't make anyone Iczer a bad player. One would have to be out of their mind to not use such and advantage.

It does, however, seem quite unfair, especially in such an early stage of the game with little diversity in cards.
Grain

Postby DearestNight » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:01 am

Grain wrote:Using LeBeau or Eskatia certainly doesn't make anyone Iczer a bad player. One would have to be out of their mind to not use such and advantage.

It does, however, seem quite unfair, especially in such an early stage of the game with little diversity in cards.

Oh, I completely agree in that respect. Like said, personally I'd like a more diverse Lawtia defense card, and Labeau lessened a bit. See, when I think of Labeau, it makes me think of a one turns worth use grimoire. Make it expendable, and situational, but more openly available as part of your file. Similar to the refess card that copies a def, you could make a card similar to labeau that works for one turn. Block that one really nasty hit you see coming from Zagar, etc. Or maybe a card that makes regeneration cost 0 sp for a turn (assuming labeau has already been reduced, not as something to use with it).

I'm terrible with new card ideas, but you get the basic idea. I'm sure someone else could come up with something more logical to use.
Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting. ~ Maxims of Ptahhotep, 3400 B.C.
DearestNight

Postby Skyress » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:39 pm

DearestNight wrote:
Grain wrote:Using LeBeau or Eskatia certainly doesn't make anyone Iczer a bad player. One would have to be out of their mind to not use such and advantage.

Oh, I completely agree in that respect. Like said, personally I'd like a more diverse Lawtia defense card, and Labeau lessened a bit. See, when I think of Labeau, it makes me think of a one turns worth use grimoire. Make it expendable, and situational, but more openly available as part of your file. Similar to the refess card that copies a def, you could make a card similar to labeau that works for one turn. Block that one really nasty hit you see coming from Zagar, etc. Or maybe a card that makes regeneration cost 0 sp for a turn (assuming labeau has already been reduced, not as something to use with it).

I'm terrible with new card ideas, but you get the basic idea. I'm sure someone else could come up with something more logical to use.

thats actually not a bad idea. i completely agree that lebeau does need a lessening. Its not really fair to have lebeau included in the starter deck since i'm guess he's maybe around a 3 star rare just because he can possiblly turn the game around in 1 move. i would prefer something like maybe a df 2x instead of 5 and that could last like forever or the df 5x and it could last for like 1 turn
Skyress

Postby Grain » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:22 pm

In my opinion, LeBeau is about as unfair as Azure Dragon.
Grain

Postby Awod » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:51 pm

AD is easily killable, big difference.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Grain » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Awod wrote:AD is easily killable, big difference.

I apologize... :cry:
Grain

Postby Gigantorus » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:06 am

LeBeau is as easily killable unless you're Refess. LeBeau on that re-animating unit though.... thats a different story.
Gigantorus

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum