If You Hate Lebeau

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: If You Hate Lebeau

Postby Moratorius » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:01 am

reydien wrote:actually, I believe the Japanese team buffed the card for the US release. If you look at the Japanese basic set vs us, several of the cards have completely different Soul Skills, and some even have different LP values.

Well, then I certainly hope they revert all the stats back to the ones balanced for metagame soon. Actually, I noticed not just SS were altered too... e.g. Combat Monk gets an additional +10 attack, but his skill requires 1SP and has a damage bonus of 0-20 instead of 0-30... I know many people single him out as an overpowered lv2 card; well, now he can be fixed. LeBeau needs fixing more though...
Moratorius

Postby BcDed » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:11 am

I don't know why every one always complains about lebeau being to powerful. There are many soul cards that can easily upset any game. Many dislike him saying he's hard to deal with but the truth is it's harder for lawtia players to get lebeau to work properly than it is for other players to stop it. The only deck that might have trouble just wasting the lebeaus with iczer attacks is reffess but they have the spear woman. Two spear women each beside a boy combat priest kills a zombie lord twice a turn for 2 sp. At that rate even with your opponent having a great deal of sp they will quickly run out. Every time I hear players saying they can't win against this or that and saying it's unfair I think it's stupid every strategy has a weakness and it's ridiculous to think that there should be no strategy that can defeat you. All it takes to beat lebeau is a plan and skill depending on the skill of the lebeau player only one may be needed.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
BcDed

Postby Grain » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:01 am

BcDed wrote:I don't know why every one always complains about lebeau being to powerful. There are many soul cards that can easily upset any game. Many dislike him saying he's hard to deal with but the truth is it's harder for lawtia players to get lebeau to work properly than it is for other players to stop it. The only deck that might have trouble just wasting the lebeaus with iczer attacks is reffess but they have the spear woman. Two spear women each beside a boy combat priest kills a zombie lord twice a turn for 2 sp. At that rate even with your opponent having a great deal of sp they will quickly run out. Every time I hear players saying they can't win against this or that and saying it's unfair I think it's stupid every strategy has a weakness and it's ridiculous to think that there should be no strategy that can defeat you. All it takes to beat lebeau is a plan and skill depending on the skill of the lebeau player only one may be needed.

A Lawtia player would have to be pretty unskilled (Or extremely unlucky) to actually let a Cassowary King live that long.
Grain

Postby Eeyore » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:30 am

Bc there are cards in the game that can slow down Killing Machine? Yes. Are there cards in every color? No.

When I ask what is the way for Gowen to stop Labeua used on an regenerating card or even for Gowen to win after Zombie Lord is played what is your answer for them to win using Gowen starter cards?

There is none. They lose unless they get lucky and rush Lawtia, time the SC's perfectly, and clear the entire board of enemy units. Not exactly a sure thing! That's why he's overpowered. You shouldn't have to search for a rare card in your own color that is a non-starter (Bounty Hunter) or use other colors rare cards (Dispel or Return) to beat a starter card.

Realize that other decks have to alter their overall deck build/card file entirely based upon one card in one color. This dilutes the potency of their own color/attack/strength while Lawtia can go about its business unbothered by these necessary adjustments.
Eeyore

Postby tragulas » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:49 pm

Actually, I am one who does play lawtia, different versions, have played all colors, and in most have a killing machine or two as soul cards...... with that being said, I am thinking about taking it out, bc I can count the number of times he has saved the day on one hand. He is either penetrated, returned, direct damaged, or dd through soul cards,(which is easy and common) or my favorite when I have been iczer attacked and the card is wasted all together. Now some have stated how many must change their decks to deal with just one card. I have to disagree. That would mean the player using it would have to pretty much revolve their deck around it going off at just the right time and with just the right unit out to put it on. If you are fighting a fairly skilled opponent, that doesnt happen too often. If people try to depend on lebeau to win, chances are they will lose more than win. If he goes off for me its more like a last ditch effort, or and added bonus, but my deck far from even revolves around it. I find combinations of cards that work well together, still working on more to streamline it effectively. Bottom line, there are some very powerful cards in every deck, some can devastate all by themselves as soul cards or as units, but that doesnt mean they should be changed because they are good. The key factor here is to find what works most and use it..... And if lebeau is so powerful, why is everyone not using it, its not that rare of a card. Basically, in my opinion, people just need to do what this game requires..........think a little come up with a strategy that works for you more often than not, and dont try to make people who found a good combo nerfed so that they come up with something new, which then would be seen as too powerful, it will be an endless cycle. You win some you lose some, the point is, just play and have fun. Just my thoughts on the matter.
tragulas

Postby Phades » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:13 pm

tragulas wrote:And if lebeau is so powerful, why is everyone not using it, its not that rare of a card.
Because not everyone spends money on this game and in order to win battles, you actually need to posess the cards to counter strategies like lebau or run it yourself. This is entirely dependant upon which starter deck you choose. If you chose refress, or gowen, lebau is rather difficult to deal with for reasons previously stated.

The issue you are having with the card is that everyone that understands the game and has experience playing it, is playing in a manner to attempt to counter the card specifically. Therein lies the evidence of something that needs to be addressed in order for the game to move beyond one card or strategy.
Phades

Postby Moratorius » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:45 pm

I agree with everything Phades just said, and...
tragulas wrote:And if lebeau is so powerful, why is everyone not using it, its not that rare of a card.

They are. Two out of three players I battled today now use it; not just Lawtia, but also Falkow and Gowen. Probably the only reason others don't run it as an SC is that they don't possess it. Case in point: after I bought some Gran and obtained a copy myself, my winning rate at least doubled when using it as a SC.
tragulas wrote:You win some you lose some, the point is, just play and have fun. Just my thoughts on the matter.

With LeBeau, you win many you lose few.
Moratorius

Postby burnah » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:06 pm

I won vs 2 LeBeau players today, one even used three of them as Soul Cards.
I never bought Gran but I've been lucky with my level up rewards (2x Dispel), so it's not that hard for me to fight someone with LeBeau as SC.
My sphere of influence is Falkow and I have a LeBeau card myself but I never used it until now. ;a38

Most of the time I have problems with other cards besides LeBeau for example Ruler of Crest, Lion Baron, Zombie Lord (without LeBeau) or my lack of good Falkow cards.

So I don't think LeBeau is that hard to beat it's just overrated and one of many strategies in the game, if someone wants to use it vs me, it's fine.
"Play your 3 LeBeau's in the same round so I can eliminate the effect of all of them at once." I don't care. ;a18

The problem is that EVERYONE uses the same strategy, that's why it seems "too strong" (I can't say if it's really too strong or not, since I don't have that many problems with it).

My tip; come up with your own ideas and "combos" (ok that might be a little hard right now with only one set). :twisted:

Just my 50 cents. ;attack
ImageImage
"Punch, punch, Falkow Punch!"
Ingame nick: Ridi
burnah

Postby Moratorius » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:25 pm

burnah wrote:I never bought Gran but I've been lucky with my level up rewards (2x Dispel)

Tada~

When the card is a 3star rare, not many people have an easy a time of it as you do. In fact, many of the effective counter strategies currently in use require 3+ star rares, and several copies of them too. Hence the imbalance, when the Lawtia starter comes with two LeBeau and the other starters come with one or none its counterpart cards.
Moratorius

Postby burnah » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:31 pm

I forgot to mention, I didn't even need to use Dispel to beat the LeBeau's.

Return (1 star) or attacking the enemy directly did the trick.

Seems like I'm really lucky then, I've got several 3 stars and one 4 star. =x
ImageImage
"Punch, punch, Falkow Punch!"
Ingame nick: Ridi
burnah

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum