Yellow Vs. Blue: Need some help

Strategies and Card File Construction

Yellow Vs. Blue: Need some help

Postby Yurie » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:49 am

Hey everyone. I've been having a bit of trouble recently, and I could use some help.

I have a Refess deck. Now, I like Refess, and I play yellow very aggressively: lots of damage soul cards, and I usually pull Zagar out by round three or four. And I've been doing well.

Except against Falkow. Falkow eats my soul. My lower level units (Blessed Acolytes, Boy Combat Priest, etc) get nerfed real quick by Witches, and my more powerful cards get chewed apart by the much faster attackers, before they can get their buffs up. Half the time, not even Holy Light can save me.

I need some help T_T
Alpha #453 ;a41
Yurie

Re: Yellow Vs. Blue: Need some help

Postby Grain » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:57 am

Level 3 cards are immune to the Witch poison.

If you happen to know that you're facing a Witch user in advance, skip the first turn to play a level 3 card.
Grain

Postby Cyanide » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:18 am

Well, I don't play witches, because I don't have enough and I need its soul skill, the only time I've had a slight problem against a refess player was when they tanked the front row and used a cassowary king.
;a38
Cyanide

Postby Nai_Hime » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Light spearwoman.

Falkow have no real ranged cards and the light spearwoman is insanely powerful - what with her 45 points of direct HP damage. Also yellow have good blocking cards seen as most of the Falkow cards only do 30 damage so camp them infront of the spearwoman and you're sorted.

Also she has 45 hit points so she'll survive at least one turn and she'll rear Falkow apart. I know, as I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of her efficently - I've been forced to throw several things across my room in fury over that card.
Nai_Hime

Postby GunCastor » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Sit a boy battle priest next to light spear woman and it can take out all the falkow level 3 and under in one hit, 55 direct damage! I really don't like leaving that eagle soldier with 5 HP left.
GunCastor

Postby Skyress » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Nai_Hime wrote:Light spearwoman.

Falkow have no real ranged cards and the light spearwoman is insanely powerful - what with her 45 points of direct HP damage. Also yellow have good blocking cards seen as most of the Falkow cards only do 30 damage so camp them infront of the spearwoman and you're sorted.

Also she has 45 hit points so she'll survive at least one turn and she'll rear Falkow apart. I know, as I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of her efficently - I've been forced to throw several things across my room in fury over that card.

thats not true, falkrow has quite some useful ranged units such as scythe-soldier and eagle soldier wich they can target enemies. not to mention azure dragon, though his range might be 2 he's still powerful none the less.
Skyress

Postby Cyanide » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:13 pm

Nai_Hime wrote:

Not necessarily true with her and most of refess's agility being so low.
;a38
Cyanide

Postby Logress » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:48 am

Take the word of the Falkow GM. Falkow seems powerful, but without its support characters it falls apart. Refess needs to put out its level 3 archers as soon as humanly possible. Even if you have to leave your front row a little weak, it's okay. Your archers have enough HP to survive a round or two unprotected if they really have to. If your Light Spearwoman or your ancient spear knight can take out his sorcerer guard and song sorceress early, his whole game will fall appart.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Nai_Hime » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:09 am

Cyanide wrote:
Nai_Hime wrote:

Not necessarily true with her and most of refess's agility being so low.

But at the same time both of Falkows ranged lvl 3 cards only do 30 points of damage (unbuffed) so you need both on the table focusing their damage on the light spearwoman. During which time the refess front line can butcher the Falkow front line what with the sea monster on agi 1. And if they drop her on the table second or first card then Falkow will have a hell of a time getting any traction.

There are things falkow can do to get around these problems, but all in all the lightspear woman is a real pain. Also as she can often flatten 1 unit a turn plus a frontline flattening another unit a turn the falkow find themselves in the unenviable situation of needing to spend 2 sp ressing cards or losing a front line card. Of course if falkow have a sea monster, a scythe, a pheonix warrior, azure and a songstress on the table - you're doing it wrong, coz at that point the Falkow almost certainly has it in the bag.

@Skyress - Those cards have ranged abilities - and are useful against lvl1 ranged cards of other forces, but they are also lvl 3 and 4 and their ranged abilities don't measure upto the light spearwoman apart from in speed, so sure they move faster but they don't damage like her - and if she has a defence modifier of ten even those two can't kill her in a single round. If you're worried about her agi, stick a agi+ and df+ soul card in number one and sacrifice a lvl 1 or 2 card on the front line.

Falkows a strong deck once everything is inplace, but until you have it all out it's just a rather clumsy group of mismatched cards that can be picked off quickly.
Nai_Hime

Postby Phades » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:39 pm

Logress wrote:Take the word of the Falkow GM. Falkow seems powerful, but without its support characters it falls apart. Refess needs to put out its level 3 archers as soon as humanly possible. Even if you have to leave your front row a little weak, it's okay. Your archers have enough HP to survive a round or two unprotected if they really have to. If your Light Spearwoman or your ancient spear knight can take out his sorcerer guard and song sorceress early, his whole game will fall appart.

Ancient spearman is best for taking out back row support, assuming they leave a front row unit in the same columb. (only been able to do it once sucessfuly, but charge + ancient spearman is sexy and far more affordable than the dragonrider) However, only the ancient spearman can take a hit when comparing the two and leaving the front row light is not an option due to the AGL based damage stacking falkow is capable of doing. Commonly, "better" falkow players will return the level 3 archers immediately, while using the same turn to dismantle my front row leaving everything completely unprotected. The next two turns or so, they use to build up for azure dragon while i attempt to recover and typically it is GG at that point...
Phades

Return to Annarose's Sanctum