Do you have kesaran pasaran in your deck?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Do you have kesaran pasaran in your deck?

Postby pauzai » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:23 pm

I have notice that it is really useful for even one sp generated every round if there is 2 sp left there untouch. But i have notice that most of my enemy will kill kesaran pasaran early in game and it is like useless and need to repay back 1sp to revive it and i might lost an LP due to sending it to cemetry. So can anyone tell me if its usefull and do you have it in your active deck? :D ;a41
pauzai

Re: Do you have kesaran pasaran in your deck?

Postby Grain » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:24 pm

If it is well protected, it can be very useful.
Grain

Postby pauzai » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Ohh so do you play it at the starting of the game or the mid?
pauzai

Postby Grain » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:17 pm

Play it during the beginning of the game.

Make sure it doesn't die.
Grain

Postby Yurie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:51 am

Bet your sweet Izcer I have a KP in my deck. I usually bring him out on the second turn and start pumping Blessing Invocation.

Also, does anyone else think KP dealing the final blow to an opponent a little funny? It's like a swarm of tribbles beating down an armored knight or a giant fire breathing dragon...
Alpha #453 ;a41
Yurie

Postby GunCastor » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:58 am

I have a Refess deck so yeah I'm playing them. I find myself knocking out salamanders with these puffs of fur. The card pictures make it look like a total mismatch.
GunCastor

Postby DanTheTimid » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:01 pm

I'd honestly say Kesaran Pasaran has been one of my "secrets" to success since the game began. Many people who have played me, especially other Refess players, have commented on my unique early game techniques, and needless to say Kesaran Pasaran is included in them. In closed beta I had won a third copy and ran it in my deck as well however I've still yet to win a third copy again since the accounts were wiped and my deck has suffered for it. He's certainly not as strong as the Japanese Will-o-Wisp, but his combination of ranged attack, some what decent hp, and a fantastic SP generating ability allow him a lot of versatility in all stages of the game, early, middle, or even end.

And yes, knocking out Salamanders with them is one of their sweetest features.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Phades » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:32 pm

I use it as well, but it can be tricky keeping it in play sometimes. I do not have a third copy of it yet either so far i think, since the starters and bonus cards are seperated.

If it is out and the timing is right, the bonus sp is a godsend, but other SP boosters like archer scout or light chaser advent are easier to use, due to the low to zero sp up front required to sustain it. Frequently i have to plan for it to die rather than the few instances where it actually stays in the game for several turns, while attempting to combo it properly with soul skills mid game.
Phades

Postby razorbubble » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:16 pm

I find the Archer Scout from Gowen much more useful, 1 SP for 2 SP, I found more situations where there is 1 SP leftover than 2 SP.
razorbubble

Postby CalebTheWise » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:20 pm

It's widely regarded as one of the most powerful cards available to white right now. That's the problem. Before I switched to blue, I found that it was so powerful that my opponent targeted it for termination as soon as it hit the field- and with only 20 HP, it's pretty easy to take out. Hiding it by means of big guys up front and Cassowary King in the rear works, but Cassowary King also shuts down your second row, which is crippling if you're playing the spear twins. And there's another factor- When you get the puffballs to "go off" as if were, you tend to wind up with a lot of SP that you can't use. Resource acceleration is a powerful strategy in many games, but less so in this one because you're bottlenecked into a single card per turn, and few of white's characters have anything on which those SP can profitably be spent.

It's possible I just play white all wrong, but I really think that Kesaran Pasarn is fool's gold, so to speak. I play with it, but I find the only time it pays off is when using it to play Penetrating Light every turn.
CalebTheWise

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum