Do you have kesaran pasaran in your deck?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Do you have kesaran pasaran in your deck?

Postby arkbeetle » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:04 am

CalebTheWise wrote:It's widely regarded as one of the most powerful cards available to white right now. That's the problem. Before I switched to blue, I found that it was so powerful that my opponent targeted it for termination as soon as it hit the field- and with only 20 HP, it's pretty easy to take out. Hiding it by means of big guys up front and Cassowary King in the rear works, but Cassowary King also shuts down your second row, which is crippling if you're playing the spear twins. And there's another factor- When you get the puffballs to "go off" as if were, you tend to wind up with a lot of SP that you can't use. Resource acceleration is a powerful strategy in many games, but less so in this one because you're bottlenecked into a single card per turn, and few of white's characters have anything on which those SP can profitably be spent.

It's possible I just play white all wrong, but I really think that Kesaran Pasarn is fool's gold, so to speak. I play with it, but I find the only time it pays off is when using it to play Penetrating Light every turn.

I agree with you, i'm wondering why the 2sp for 3sp, since most of refess card is lv3, so it kinda difficult to actually use it in combat without hindering your movement (you'll have to save sp, pretty tough if your opponet use Shade)
In the other hand Fire deck can get 2sp for 1sp, so i think it's a little unfair...
;a41
arkbeetle

Postby Eeyore » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:47 am

Gowen's archer girl card that has this skill is a level 2 where as Fuzz ball is a level 1. Skills are proportionate to their cost to cast the unit.
Eeyore

Postby MeleeNewb » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:16 am

arkbeetle wrote:I agree with you, i'm wondering why the 2sp for 3sp, since most of refess card is lv3, so it kinda difficult to actually use it in combat without hindering your movement (you'll have to save sp, pretty tough if your opponet use Shade)
In the other hand Fire deck can get 2sp for 1sp, so i think it's a little unfair...

I think you mean 3 for 2... 2 for 3 would be a pretty bad trade-off!
I used to wonder if I was crazy, but all that uncertainty drove me insane.
MeleeNewb

Postby arkbeetle » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:32 am

MeleeNewb wrote:
arkbeetle wrote:I agree with you, i'm wondering why the 2sp for 3sp, since most of refess card is lv3, so it kinda difficult to actually use it in combat without hindering your movement (you'll have to save sp, pretty tough if your opponet use Shade)

I think you mean 3 for 2... 2 for 3 would be a pretty bad trade-off!

Hehe..my mistake... ;attack
So anyone want to sharing the greatness of this card in your game?
;a41
arkbeetle

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:12 am

Greatness it is not, but it IS under estimated by many and can serve a key role for refess players. With Will-o-Wisp still painfully nerfed and no longer providing SP Refess often finds themselves with lots of expensive costs to pay and no way to afford them so of course any sp generator is appreciated. The puff-balls aren't anywhere near as good in this regard as Will-o-wisp once was, but if you pick your spots well they can give you that little edge you need.

The thing many people don't realize though is that the puff-balls serve another roll, a cheap ranged attacker. Refess has only one other unit with range greater then 1 whose level is less then 3 and that High Priest Abel, a 4 star super rare. This means for the average person your only options to give Refess's front line meat shields support are high cost (as in costing more sp then you naturally generate in a turn) units or Kesaran Pasaran. 10 attack might not seem like much but you might be surprised how often Refess comes jut 5-10 hp short of killing units. If 10 attack isn't enough to help, the flexibility to gain some sp is always appreciated. And then there's the ability to draw some fire from your front lines. Front line units tend to cost alot and though they are pretty good at taking hits there slow speed means they're often slowly taken apart before they ever get a chance to act, the puff balls can help provide another target for their ranged units that didn't cost you much investment (and thus is a great option to let die if you need a soul skill to go off) and wasn't providing as much offensive force as the front line unit that would have been attack if the puff ball wasn't there.

So yeah, anyone that says there the most powerful unit in the game, I've got to disagree. But anyone that says there useless, I've got to disagree with them as well. What they are is a very flexible unit whose cost and range allows them to be useful on a clan that has very few cheap ranged options.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Doomberg » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:44 pm

splash black = viable
Doomberg

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum