Fire Tornado too strong

Strategies and Card File Construction

Fire Tornado too strong

Postby ErnnLaties » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:21 am

I think the spell fire tornado is too strong. Since it comes with the preset gowen starter file, it means it is a very common grim to obtain. There were many times when I think I was really close to winning, but a single late game fire tornado would wipe out my field, leaving me open to iczer attacks. :shock:

They should either reduce the number of units it can attack (up to 4 random), increase the sp cost, or give people a way to counter it besides the luck of playing lost tome and grim removing units :-/ which are falkow for the most part.
ErnnLaties

Re: Fire Tornado too strong

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:22 am

Try using it and watching it hit a Salamander four times and you'll see why its balanced.

Not to mention it needs perfect timing or it'll hurt more than help.
luckysvn777

Postby crimsonshade » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:38 am

Wait til you see ball of flame. It's much more reliable than FT due to what Lucky said
crimsonshade

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:12 am

Fire Tornado is one of the worst damage grims. I am happy whenever I see it because it means the opponent wasted 5 SP to deal 120 damage to a sylph or something
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Ahina » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:30 am

There have been plenty of times I wish Fire Tornado worked like Judgement Hammer instead, after it hit the units completely wrong. <_< It's more like a desperate last gamble then a reliable damage grim if your opponent has a lot of units.
Ahina

Postby DWildstar » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:45 am

Moving this to Annarose's Sanctum since this isn't a suggestion about directly improving the game, more of a strategy discussion.
DWildstar

Postby Soiyeruda » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:33 am

Basically, as others have said, Fire Tornado is more of a gamble than anything. In some cases, you might kill the exact units you want dead. In other cases, you'll just smack the same lvl 1 four times (which was meant to die for an SS anyways) and accomplish nothing.

In total, it's far too random to be totally game changing 75% of the time. If it's leaving you open for iczers, then you either A) Don't have many units when it was activated to begin with. B) Had low HP units (say 30 or less), and were unlucky enough to have 4 such units get hit. There's other damage grims that can potentially do better damage (Judgement Hammers, which is pretty much death to 2 separate enemy units, Ball of Flame, which can annihilate a field of great spirits or greatly damage a rush file etc), so Fire Tornado simply can't make the cut as you gain such cards.
Soiyeruda

Postby Lateralus923 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Literally lost a round playing gowen starter earlier today since it decided to hit the lycan 3 times and keep Dalos alive for another round of destruction. Fire tornado nerfs itself. ;)
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Phenoca » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:07 pm

Lol. Fire Tornado... I've been thinking of recycling, but hey - who knows when you'll need some DF-penetration against a unit with more than 20 HP?
... Ball of Flame can be troublesome, but Fire Tornado is unreliable.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Callonia » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Fire Tornado has helped, and harmed me in the past.

However, Consider this.

Huge hp unit on the field all by its lonesome? Espically if its on its very last copy.

Fire tornado is your instant friend. :P
Callonia

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum