Is Invisible Druid Overpowered?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Is Invisible Druid Overpowered?

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:23 am

I don't think so, but someone else disagreed with me.

I consider Invisible Druid somewhat annoying, yet able to be countered by soul skills or a damaging card (If you aren't Refess, like me).

I wonder how a battle would go against a person with three invisible druids...
Grain

Re: Is Invisible Druid Overpowered?

Postby EvilGenius » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:54 am

Grain wrote:I don't think so, but someone else disagreed with me.

I consider Invisible Druid somewhat annoying, yet able to be countered by soul skills or a damaging card (If you aren't Refess, like me).

I wonder how a battle would go against a person with three invisible druids...

Annoying? Absolutely. Overpowered? Maybe not.
EvilGenius

Postby thailehuy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:16 am

2 SP for 50 dmg = overpower ? I think not
thailehuy

Postby Sarkath » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:18 am

2 SP for 50 dmg = overpower ? I think not

Forgot to add: If Druid dies, you have wasted time where you could have put out another unit instead.
Far from overpowered, I agree. Very annoying card though.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby Cyanide » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:58 am

No.
;a38
Cyanide

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:55 pm

For the record, I wouldn't run more then 2 Invisible Druids, after all they return themselves, the main reason to even run 2, besides protection incase you need to revive one, is so you can get another into the queue while the first is being played.

A reusable 50 damage is nice, but they are VERY slow, unlike Grimoire which activate on open, the Druid has to spend a turn waiting to be played, then on the turn he's actually played he could still be picked off by 5 agi or other 4 agi units before he even gets to go. To top that off he can't just hit any unit, he can only hit units in his range, which with range 2 means he can't hit back row units if your opponent has units in every row, and he can't even hit mid row units if your own front row is already full.

A solid card, definitely, over powered, not in my personal opinion. He's got enough downsides to compensate for his nice upsides.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Eeyore » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:16 pm

His 20 hp is the key. Fire Arrow, Soul Bind, Flesh Recycler are all easy answers. I've even had someone use a Return on mine.

To tell you the truth I use him as my special soldier. He's very flexible, he doesn't have to be used to kill off units. I use him often against Falkow when they don't have targeting units on the field. I'll play him in the middle row and use him to do 30-40 damage on Sea Hunter to weaken him for Moonlight Warrior and Regenerating Knight to bring down. Once Falkow's level 2 (Mirror girl?) buffs Sea Monster up to 20 def Lawtia doesn't have an easy way to bring him down fast early on in the game. I'll also play magic doll usually if I can.

I'll do the same against Gowen's Magic Sword Dual-Wielder and practically any Refess card that I'm having trouble with.

He's not overpowered. There are quite a few ways to bring him down. Refess has Cassoway King, Gowen Fire spells, Falkow has agility with targeting attacks and Return. lawtia has Flesh Recycler.
Eeyore

Postby EvilGenius » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:23 pm

Eeyore wrote: Refess has Cassoway King.

This is why I love Cassowary King. It's too bad the starter only comes with one. ;a41
EvilGenius

Postby Phades » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:32 pm

Eeyore wrote:He's not overpowered. There are quite a few ways to bring him down. Refess has Cassoway King, Gowen Fire spells, Falkow has agility with targeting attacks and Return. lawtia has Flesh Recycler.

How does an agl 3 unit ability stop a agl 4 card from acting?

My "solution" for invisible druid was undine, even though i used to play refress.
Phades

Postby EvilGenius » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Phades wrote:How does an agl 3 unit ability stop a agl 4 card from acting?

Song Sorceress. ;a31 You have a 50/50 chance of acting first.
EvilGenius

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum