Yello Opener Pwnd Me. Help me counter it.

Strategies and Card File Construction

Yello Opener Pwnd Me. Help me counter it.

Postby Lusankya » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 pm

Blessed Acolyte
Blessed Acolyte

Fuzzy dudes (+3sp)

Ruby Carbuncle
Lion Bear
Paladin

He gets his lion bear FAST because of the +3sp, and his first soul card is +2sp. I'm falkow. The only Idea I can think of is to get my pinpoint guy out same round as the fuzzies and pinpoint the fuzzies, but this leaves me very vulnerable. Watch out for this brutal opener!
Lusankya

Re: Yello Opener Pwnd Me. Help me counter it.

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:06 pm

It's fun to use the Witch against Refess, but, once you put it out, an experienced Iczer will stop playing cards under level 3 all together.

What kind of soul skills do you have? It would be a good idea to have a Spherex20 in order to take out the big guns.
Grain

Postby EvilGenius » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Lusankya wrote:Blessed Acolyte
Blessed Acolyte

Fuzzy dudes (+3sp)

Ruby Carbuncle
Lion Bear
Paladin

He gets his lion bear FAST because of the +3sp, and his first soul card is +2sp. I'm falkow. The only Idea I can think of is to get my pinpoint guy out same round as the fuzzies and pinpoint the fuzzies, but this leaves me very vulnerable. Watch out for this brutal opener!

I was hoping I wouldn't see "pwnd" ever again... :cry: :roll:

Anyway, this opening is aggressive for Refess, and can backfire against ;a40 and ;a39 (Gowen outpowers BA's and Lawtia saps all your SP before you can get your lvl 3's out). Falkow has Return to slow them down. Witch can send the fuzzballs back. And even if they do get Lion Baron out, targeted attacks with Magic Scythe Soldier and Eagle Soldier can send him packing before he can swing even once (just buff them to make up for the 10 DF).
EvilGenius

Postby thailehuy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:11 am

Actually the fuzzy dude only give +1 SP (it uses 2 SP to +3 SP)

If they are up with 2 blessed acolyte, the best thing you can do is put out sea hunter + sorcerer guard ASAP. Blessed acolyte and ruby carbuncle cannot penetrate that wall.

Put Scythe soldier behind sea hunter and pin point whatever you can kill.

Once Lion baron Zagar is open, play return on the front row of him, them focus fire on Zagar

With some luck if you can place down Azure dragon then it's bye bye for Zagar (only 2 agi), use sylph/song sorceress to ensure Azure dragon always go first
thailehuy

Postby Windem » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:29 am

Lusankya wrote:Blessed Acolyte
Blessed Acolyte

Fuzzy dudes (+3sp)

Ruby Carbuncle
Lion Bear
Paladin

Use your witch.

Refess is a walk on the park for Falkow. Keep sending the poor suckers back under 2 SP and build towards Azure Dragon East and Refess will just see nothing but cards on his cementery.
;a38
Falkow's Storm
Windem

Postby Sinsanity » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:00 pm

I've had this used against me before too. And you can go the bounce back route like others have mentioned, or you can power right back at them with your Azure Dragon. The bouncing route is probably safer though.
Sinsanity

Return to Annarose's Sanctum