umm help?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: umm help?

Postby shyster » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:23 pm

Well as with any deck, or CCG you have to be flexible, both in playing style and in how you think.

I do not actually have a gowen deck, so I cannot actually comment on how to play one from that side, nor do I know what cards you get in the starter deck. In all actuallity I do not really want to give you advice since I probably hate a good gowen deck the most. There rank up stuff and low level creatures drive me insane, however I have played against gowen a few times and what has been suggested so far are the typical openings for gowen.

If you do the 1 monk, 2 karina, and 3 archer, then while it is true that karina cannot attack, if as you say someone plays a row kill and kills your monk then she can for that turn. However her most important function is the buffing. Other strategies I have seen, would be to play a brave soldier, and then use panther soul on him the second turn. A fifty life fifty damage guy on the second turn is damn annoying to deal with. Of course you would need to have those cards in your starter deck for that to work. Lots of people also go with salmanders for the second or third turn as has been said, they do direct damage so can kill weak ranged units or damaged units and they have a strong attack. You also need to consider knowing when to let a unit die so that you can trigger a soul skill, and in that sense you need to find the soul skill setup that works best for your play style.

Try messing with your deck if you have to, and testing it out in the training area, or similarly test out the strategies suggested there so you do not have to worry about your record if that is important to you.

As I said before you need the courage and flexability to try out new and interesting things.

By the way, can someone explain how the monks active skill works? I have seen that guy do anywhere from thirty to sixty damage with it.
shyster

Postby Phades » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:33 pm

shyster wrote:By the way, can someone explain how the monks active skill works? I have seen that guy do anywhere from thirty to sixty damage with it.

Take the base damage of the monk 10(20/w rankup) then add 0-30 to that damage when he attacks. The damage can be +0, +10, +20, or +30. On just rankup and skill use alone, the combat monk can do 20~50 damage. Other cute things that can happen are magic weapons on the combat monk, which changes the figure to 40~70 damage, or in your instance (without rankup) 30~60 damage. Between the monk and magic weapon, brave soldier and panther soul, and blitz soldier, gowen have level 2s that will easily demolish anything in their path excluding le beau tanks endgame.
Phades

Postby shyster » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Ohh so it is competely random, but you will never drop below your base damage? Is there any reason, other than ignorance, to not use that skill over the normal attack?

Does blitz soldier come in the standard gowen starter deck? I have never actually seen one in use.

And lebeau tanks are not that good against gowen when they have their annoying gowen level x20 in the soul skill. 180 damage is hard to block short of all three lebeaus.
shyster

Postby friedtofu » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:21 pm

Well. Not that I've played against a SS lebeaus, but killing an SS'd Animated Dead would trigger its closed skill which puts it back at full health... Can anyone correct me on this?

Anyways - thanks for starting this thread. I'll show it to a friend that plays Gowen and is also experiencing the same troubles as you.
friedtofu

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:00 pm

friedtofu wrote:Well. Not that I've played against a SS lebeaus, but killing an SS'd Animated Dead would trigger its closed skill which puts it back at full health... Can anyone correct me on this?

Anyways - thanks for starting this thread. I'll show it to a friend that plays Gowen and is also experiencing the same troubles as you.

Self-reviving cards return to their max HP and keep all buffs & debuffs upon reviving, this includes any buffs or debuffs which alter max HP.

Because of this preservation of debuffs, a Flesh Recycle can cause a reviving card with max 20 HP to close permamently. Once a card has been closed permanently, it is relieved of any effects it had and will not regain these effects if revived the normal way (playing a second card from your file & spending 1 SP).
Grain

Postby friedtofu » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:22 am

Hm. It would be pretty cool if [Flesh Recycle] on a [Animate Dead] would make the HP 0, and it would keep reviving itself and drain the owner's SP... until it dies... haha. But I guess that too wouldn't be fun.
friedtofu

Postby shyster » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:34 am

I remember there being a similar exploit in magic back in the day, I am glad they choose not to include it, as while it would make sense and perhaps a fair turnabout, it would be too damaging.
shyster

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum