Mxing Decks

Strategies and Card File Construction

Mxing Decks

Postby reddwood » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:41 pm

I have found that adding lowere level cards from other decks really can help your file get the extra help it needs. If you are a gowen and you keep losing to refess and its high sp levels. Throw a shade in your deck. If you are using a gowen deck throw in a sorcerors guard to help with some much needed df. I have a few cool combos im working with now involving very low cards from other decks integrated into my gowen starter and its actually really working. Anyone doing anything similar or are there any comments?
reddwood

Re: Mxing Decks

Postby Grain » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:15 pm

I would if cards fell into my lap.
Grain

Postby Romdeau » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:50 pm

Grain wrote:I would if cards fell into my lap.

How about that-glad we have something in common.

I've considered mixing the deck, but I usually only have one copy of (Song Sorceress to speed up my awfully slow Refess army) the non-main clan and it usually ends up seeing one turn of action before something blows it up (SS or if god forbid I'm playing Falkow, flying attack or pinpoint). Not only have I wasted the SP and turns to set it up, I have to sacrifice something critical (a ranged heavy hitter) in my deck that ends up me losing the game.

But yeah, if something turns up and I don't have to give a leg for it-I don't see why someone wouldn't mix decks.
;a38 + ;a39 + ;a40 + ;a41
Romdeau

Postby Windem » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:10 pm

If you manage to find 2 song sorceress you could pump that much needed AGI

however, I would recommend to have a Soul Card that pump AGI and sacrifice a unit to increase SS agi to possibly 6.

It will help refess a lot and it's just 1 SP in falkow sphere
;a38
Falkow's Storm
Windem

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:18 pm

reddwood wrote:If you are a gowen and you keep losing to refess...

I have to admit, that line very nearly caused me to truly LOL. Probably not the best example as Gowen vs Refess is generally consider HUGELY in favor of Gowen (to date no one has been able to figure out a way around Gowen's Brave Panther combo with a refess deck but even with out the combo Gowen's cards generally seem to match up well against Refess').

Ironically though I have tried numerous hybrids for the very opposite, to figure out how to beat Gowen with Refess. So far... no success. I tried invisible druid to KO Brave Soldier but he's proven to be too slow, I tried salamanders to help finish off those Gowen units who always seem to have 5-10 hp left against Refesses low attack power, again didn't really work out. Undine was even considered as a way to slow a key enemy unit (such as brave soldier) so the rest of my army could go, but unfortantly again it just didn't seem to be worth.

To add to my personal lack of hybrid success, every time I've had people hybrid against me I've found myself the victor, so I haven't found any evidence to support mixing decks as a good strategy. Still its something I'm continuing to look at different possibilities as it has pretty much become my last resort for consistantly defeating the Gowen menace with Refess.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Phades » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:41 pm

Windem wrote:If you manage to find 2 song sorceress you could pump that much needed AGI

however, I would recommend to have a Soul Card that pump AGI and sacrifice a unit to increase SS agi to possibly 6.

It will help refess a lot and it's just 1 SP in falkow sphere

That is just asking to get exploded one way or another. I actually did that and the only times it lasted on a unit more than one round, was when it was on phoenix and only as long as phoenix didn't get returned or assassinated (SS). Believe me when i say people will go out of their way to make that happen. When i had it on other units like spear girl, ancient spear man, or dragon rider, they were too fragile and typically succumbed to damage en mass. Spear girl was cute with it, since she could basically one shot virtually anything in the game regularly used with penetrating light (most level 3s and 4s).
Phades

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:28 am

DanTheTimid wrote:
reddwood wrote:If you are a gowen and you keep losing to refess...

I have to admit, that line very nearly caused me to truly LOL. Probably not the best example as Gowen vs Refess is generally consider HUGELY in favor of Gowen (to date no one has been able to figure out a way around Gowen's Brave Panther combo with a refess deck but even with out the combo Gowen's cards generally seem to match up well against Refess').

Ironically though I have tried numerous hybrids for the very opposite, to figure out how to beat Gowen with Refess. So far... no success. I tried invisible druid to KO Brave Soldier but he's proven to be too slow, I tried salamanders to help finish off those Gowen units who always seem to have 5-10 hp left against Refesses low attack power, again didn't really work out. Undine was even considered as a way to slow a key enemy unit (such as brave soldier) so the rest of my army could go, but unfortantly again it just didn't seem to be worth.

To add to my personal lack of hybrid success, every time I've had people hybrid against me I've found myself the victor, so I haven't found any evidence to support mixing decks as a good strategy. Still its something I'm continuing to look at different possibilities as it has pretty much become my last resort for consistantly defeating the Gowen menace with Refess.

Now, everyone knows that you have those cards.
Grain

Postby reddwood » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:17 am

I actually was laughing while i was writing that. If i was refess why not use a card which gives you higher agi that completely destroys gowen. only time ive had trouble with refess
reddwood

Postby teasel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:52 am

mmm you guys know that in the last japanese expansion there are multicolor cards right?
teasel

Postby azarael » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Dan - If you're willing to put 2 SP into your Lawtia Sphere, Soul Bind+ Invis Druid SS should work well. Even if your opponent is trying to replay it, Refess's SP generators should keep you in the lead.
azarael

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum