Return Files

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Return Files

Postby slashzero » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:28 pm

teasel: Did you play a front line unit card first turn?

As for the 20x soul card first thing, I haven't run into many people who do that. It's just usually better to use a 30 damage row card or some other special effect instead. It would work rather well against Blitz + Dryad openings though. (This seems a bit off topic, now that I think about it.) Well, I guess it is an option to counter some openings for return decks.
slashzero

Postby neonsun » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:47 pm

Lawtia strategy :

summon shade
check if falkow witch comes on
summon moon night dont go lvl 2 just yet
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Postby teasel » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:51 pm

well duh of course that's what a gowen deck is supposed to do but on the 2nd turn the frontline unit is just going to get bounced by the witch (as a side note i don't have blitz soldier but i guess blitz soldier against witch is devastating for a gowen player) so it's like you didn't do it at all
teasel

Postby Grain » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Proxy wrote:You mean they're not that all annoying or there isn't that much of a strain on sp?

SP.
Grain

Postby Porky » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:02 am

I've almost always played the return strategy but recently i've been losing a few games and dropped my winrate a tad.

Issues I've been facing are Lawtia and Falkow, my typical opening is witch open, second turn if its a worthwhile target ie. a lvl 2, i'll slyph to witch and return it.

Good Lawtia players do not shade open, its most often Leonardo, and they see your witch, they'll shade the second turn. Ive tried haste soldiering the second turn to counter this, but turn 3 will be a regenerator knight. Eventually you'll be behind on sp and you can't catch up, I'll try some new strats with soul cards to see if i achieve any success.

With Falkow, I'm actually losing to people that concerntrate on eagle soldier and scythe, with their pinpoint attacks they easily wipe out your bouncers, I use witch, wizard/mystere, and eventually you just can't revive anymore and lose in that manner. I'll try a new strategy tommorow with deep sea squid and hope that helps, any suggestion/advice is welcomed!
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby neonsun » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:26 am

you can leonardo open when you have several copies !!
its a good opening against falk and ref but poor against gowen
Shade is good cuz you know this card is going to die --> enables u to trigger your SS when u want it to hit (more or less :P)
Now personally i like Leo a lot dont like sacrificing him.

the return strategy dies down when opponent finds a way to get rid of the sea hunter quickly . Fastest way is to keep good dmg causing SS (its far from perfect)
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum