So I think it's clear what the Tournament taught us.

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: So I think it's clear what the Tournament taught us.

Postby Phades » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:53 am

Fatherwolf wrote:I't does not make me better, I't just a personnal preferance about being able to play the game however i see fit. I won't be lying i't does give me an edge, but that does not mean i cannot be defeated by quick thinking or awesome strategy. And with my current deck i'll agree with proxy if you have any starter orther than rafess you have a chance to beat me.

all that matter really is not giving up hope for something you enjoy.I will be sad to see you leave if you decide you still want to. :|
Can't form the strategy without first possessing the cards. Sometimes deck composition plays a larger role than the order of which they are played. The order of which they are played would be next in importance. The luck aspect only really comes into play with the AGL activation and targets selected, but that can be mitigated by field position somewhat.
Phades

Postby Eeyore » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:29 pm

Tenkai and I have the same issues. I can play perfect and put up a fight for a little while, but when the first Soul Cards go off my row damage does 30 to my opponents Blitz Soldier and/or Brave Soldier who have 60 & 50 health respectively while their Wasseir or Peregrinne either returns my Brave Soldier buffed with my only Panther Soul or kills it outright with Peregrinne.

Some of you that don't think its as bad as we say should try it for yourself. The only times we can win are when you mess up many times over in a match. That's not healthy competition, thats you randomly playing poorly. We actually like to have a say in the matter of when our wins and losses occur.

I have no Blitz Soldiers. I have 1 Panther Soul I received during a level up and was smart enough to take at the time though I had never heard of it. I only have 2 Magic Dual Sword-Wielders, 1 Wyvern. And I don't enough have Sylph's/Undines to run hybrid.

The last opponent I faced played Gowen.

The Gowen users card file consisted of:
3 Blitz Soldiers
3 Brave Soldiers
3 Panther Souls
1 Gowen Angel used in turn 2 to buff the Brave Soldier played in turn 1 = 4 P. Souls

They also used Sylphs Undines on units like Salamander to let him attack first if I didn't kill him so his 30 attack would hit first in the round. It was a nice strategy that I couldn't compete with. Sure I could use a salamander on his salamander, but that doesn't help me obtain board control when their Blitz/Brave combo is reigning terror on the front line. The only chance I have as a Gowen starter user is to control the early game because I lack sufficient cards for any kind of endgame. By the time I finished off the Brave Soldiers I was so decimated in resources that it was all over.

Oh I forgot to mention...they used Labeua's in their Soul Cards as well as Peregrinne's. Much fun!

As Porky mentioned there aren't many users in the +9 arena. This is for a reason. The people that get dominated in the Level 9 and under arena don't continue to play the game....especially when they reach the Folrart Arena and get punished even further. There are very few opponents you face in the +9 Arena that have poor records. And even a smaller % of these players haven't purchased cards now. It gets worse and worse. Its not much fun getting kicked around by the same few folks who I have a 0% chance of beating. Sooner or later you're all going to be left competing with yourselves.
Eeyore

Postby Fatherwolf » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:21 am

Phades wrote:Can't form the strategy without first possessing the cards. Sometimes deck composition plays a larger role than the order of which they are played. The order of which they are played would be next in importance. The luck aspect only really comes into play with the AGL activation and targets selected, but that can be mitigated by field position somewhat.

True, But how come that just the other day i was defeated by a simple Falkow starter deck well used?
I do agree deck composition play a big role in what we do but there are way to bypass any combo.
Off course player who buy card will have an edge, but you know what that does not mean that were invincible.
Hell, i don't play to be that competitive i play for the nice people, the trill of the challenge and sitting at my desk to figure out what to play next. Hell, I play Rafess most of the time, why? Because i wish to find a file to bring some much needed hope to Rafess player.
I am more terrified of light that leave no shadow then of darkness i't self.
Fatherwolf

Postby EvilGenius » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:12 am

Please stop calling it Rafess. :|
EvilGenius

Postby Fatherwolf » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:58 am

EvilGenius wrote:Please stop calling it Rafess. :|

My mistake, i'm sorry i't won't happen again.
sometime i'm just clueless that way. :oops:
I am more terrified of light that leave no shadow then of darkness i't self.
Fatherwolf

Postby Romdeau » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:31 pm

lol I was wondering who was gonna point that out eventually.
Romdeau

Postby DanTheTimid » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:37 pm

I'd also like to point out that people keep saying the 10+ arena is all people who bought cards, that's not true, there are such players there, but most of them are players who didn't play in the beta (or restarted after the beta, what I should have done), picked a good starter, and ran off huge win streaks early. If I hadn't played in the beta I too would have tons of the high rarity cards I earned with out spending any money as during the early levels its easy to run off 30+ win streaks (I did such and I was running Refess of all clans) and thus also easy to collect TONS of treasure battle rewards, and treasure battles tend to give higher rarity then packs (I didn't have any 5 stars but I did win several 4 stars during beta, including 2 dragon riders). Unfortunately because I made the mistake of being part of the beta, all my won cards were taken away in the server wipe and I had to start the main game in the 10+ room where finding opponents was very rare/difficult and running off long win streaks became nearly impossible since your only facing experienced players and over time most of the people who joined the room were people who had restarted after the beta and thus still had access to all those great cards they won in levels 1-9. (note I'm not whining about not getting to fight easy opponents anymore, I enjoy facing strong opponents, but only on equal footing, my being in beta caused me to be at a huge disadvantage to anyone who reached the level 10+ room after the server wipe).

The game is set up to make the rich richer and the poor poorer (in a way), the already strong players only get stronger cause they get lots of treasure battles from all their winning streaks, so for people who don't already have the cards to be strong your options are pretty much buy cards, wait through months of mirage master to get strong cards, or restart and hope you do win a bunch of awesome treasure cards enroute to reaching the 10+ room again. But assuming they have good cards because they spent money is actually a misconception that seems to be made far too often, if you already had strong cards you'd find its quite easy to get lots of high rarity cards through treasure battles. The problem is just you have to have already won those strong cards before you hit the 10+ room.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Eeyore » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:27 pm

Dan I agree and disagree with portions of what you said. Honestly your assesment makes sense based upon the past where you first participated in Beta in the level 9 and under room.

What you didn't take into account is that there are quite a few players in the level 9 and under room that have purchased boxes as well and will ruin your streak because they are experienced players choosing different Sphere's and starting fresh with their new starter a la Lawtia's dominance gained popularity.

I admit it was still easy to win the majority of the matches when I restarted all three times from Refess > Gowen > Falkow > Lawtia. I would run into a stacked card file every so often which would ruin whatever streak I was on. When I played with Lawtia my hardest match up was versus other Lawtia users who had purchased cards in the level 9 and under Arena. Zombie Lord is tough to deal with when you aren't expecting to see him from a level 1-3 player.

Mainly its the soul cards that are killers though. Good luck to you if you try to do it yourself. Maybe the timing will be better for you than I. You only have room for 45 wins before you switch to level 10 rooms. A 30 win streak is 2/3 your wins. Possible, yet you're strategy revolves around being undefeated which suggests that you have to be unbeatable for it to work. Should a game need such dominance just to stay alive at the +10 Arena? Seems like a terrible way to keep players around. Sure some will buy cards. I honestly don't understand how the fan base got so large in Japan unless it was extremely cheap to purchase cards.

I've heard many people say they've spent $50-100 for cards from Alteil. I'm happy for the makers as their hard work is probably deserving of this. On the other hand that is quite a bit of money to pay up front for a game like this. To each his/her own.

Good luck and have fun with it... ;a40
Eeyore

Postby Grain » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:28 pm

Eeyore wrote:I've heard many people say they've spent $50-100 for cards from Alteil. I'm happy for the makers as their hard work is probably deserving of this. On the other hand that is quite a bit of money to pay up front for a game like this. To each his/her own.

10-year-olds with rich parents.

It could be a birthday present, or, perhaps something less sincere...
Grain

Postby Romdeau » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:32 pm

Grain wrote:It could be a birthday present, or, perhaps something less sincere...

Interesting you would come up with this thought; I would argue that the majority of "buying" players bought it using their own credit card. However, this is all skeptical and subject to scrutiny. I'd also like to take note of your "less sincere" part; I have ideas of what it could mean myself, but I'd like to hear you elaborate upon it.
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum