So I think it's clear what the Tournament taught us.

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: So I think it's clear what the Tournament taught us.

Postby Grain » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:59 pm

Proxy wrote:I'd also like to take note of your "less sincere" part; I have ideas of what it could mean myself, but I'd like to hear you elaborate upon it.

There is no cow level.
Grain

Postby Romdeau » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:19 pm

Why not? Too lazy to think of one?
Romdeau

Postby Cetonis » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:18 pm

I don't think spending $50 or so is really all that absurd; I mean, a brand new xbox or ps3 game is $60, no? Say you spend that much, the same $60 you would spend if you wanted to buy a new console game, on Alteil. (7200 gran) You'd be able to get three boxes, plus a set of one of the EX packs after you recycle any extras and unwanted 4/5 stars, possibly even a second set of EX packs. Plenty enough to have a solid deck for the level 10+ arena. And if you compare it to any regular ccg, $60 on packs to get a competetive deck is a bargain. So why is it so astronomically crazy to see someone spend 50-100 on the game?
Cetonis

Postby Phades » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:15 pm

Fatherwolf wrote:
Phades wrote:Can't form the strategy without first possessing the cards. Sometimes deck composition plays a larger role than the order of which they are played. The order of which they are played would be next in importance. The luck aspect only really comes into play with the AGL activation and targets selected, but that can be mitigated by field position somewhat.

True, But how come that just the other day i was defeated by a simple Falkow starter deck well used?

Because you were playing refress... You play well enough, i already know this, but try a different clan like falkow and you will notice a difference.
Phades

Postby Grain » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:48 pm

Cetonis wrote:I don't think spending $50 or so is really all that absurd; I mean, a brand new xbox or ps3 game is $60, no? Say you spend that much, the same $60 you would spend if you wanted to buy a new console game, on Alteil. (7200 gran) You'd be able to get three boxes, plus a set of one of the EX packs after you recycle any extras and unwanted 4/5 stars, possibly even a second set of EX packs. Plenty enough to have a solid deck for the level 10+ arena. And if you compare it to any regular ccg, $60 on packs to get a competetive deck is a bargain. So why is it so astronomically crazy to see someone spend 50-100 on the game?

Do you have a job?
Grain

Postby shyster » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Cetonis wrote:I don't think spending $50 or so is really all that absurd; I mean, a brand new xbox or ps3 game is $60, no? Say you spend that much, the same $60 you would spend if you wanted to buy a new console game, on Alteil. (7200 gran) You'd be able to get three boxes, plus a set of one of the EX packs after you recycle any extras and unwanted 4/5 stars, possibly even a second set of EX packs. Plenty enough to have a solid deck for the level 10+ arena. And if you compare it to any regular ccg, $60 on packs to get a competetive deck is a bargain. So why is it so astronomically crazy to see someone spend 50-100 on the game?

The thing wrong with this thinking is that other things have different values. A new ps3 or xbox game might be expensive, but playing online is totally free, both today and two years from now. The same is not true for this game, in the sense that when a new expansion comes out, you will once again need to pay more money, for more cards.

Using another CCG magic is also an incorrect way to think since the cards can be traded, looked at, held and smelled <--- It is a CCG for a reason. They are also guarenteed rare cards with each pack, and get more in each pack. Also magic is an "offical" game in the sense that it has tournaments, has world rankings, and is on espn. That means if you are a good real money spent can mean real money returned. This game currently lacks that, it also lacks a strong player base that even makes it worth spending money. Until there are at least 3000+ players active at any given time, let alone ever this game is not worth risking money on.

At least that is how I feel.
shyster

Postby Cetonis » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Whether you feel certain ways of thinking are "right" or "wrong" isn't really the point here, I was just responding to the post(s) that acted like you had to be a kid with rich parents, or mr. suitcase, to be spending fifty to sixty bucks on a game, as if no normal person could possibly think it worth the money.

In my case, I was contemplating buying a new console rpg to help pass the time until school started again, but a friend sent me a link to Alteil and I found it to be pretty good. I figured that if I had enough of a collection beyond the starter to experiment with, it'd keep me just as entertained as an RPG would. So I spent my $60 on this instead. That's doesn't make me crazy, so far as I know. It's spending money for entertainment, the same way people do when they see a movie, or buy a game, or go clubbing, or buy dvds, or play some irl ccg, or whatever they might do. It's simply a matter of an individual deciding they'd rather spend the money on a newly starting online card game than on some of those other things. Of course, different people have a different idea of what's worth spending money on and what isn't. I don't like to spend ten bucks on a movie, for instance, but that doesn't make people that go see five movies a week insane; I just prefer to spend my money elsewhere. Same goes for any sort of entertainment, including an online card game - you might not think it's worth investing money in, but that doesn't mean other people won't and it doesn't mean they're crazy if they do.
Cetonis

Postby shyster » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:10 pm

I was not calling anybody crazy, I was just making a comparative analysis of things similar to what you mentioned and why I would prefer spending money on them over this.

For the record anybody who goes to a movie theatre five times a week paying 10+ dollars a go is crazy in my book.

However in this games' case it is not like I would not ever be unwilling to spend money, but as has already been mentioned, there is no real guarentee that anything good will come of it. You could get cards that are completely worthless for your color, and lacking trading you have to throw away, recycle, cards that would otherwise be good because they do not fit your color.
shyster

Postby Romdeau » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:35 pm

Unless you feel like tossing 1000 gran for the other 3 starters you didn't pick on your account-that way everything would be a good buy! :lol:
Romdeau

Postby EvilGenius » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Proxy wrote:Unless you feel like tossing 1000 gran for the other 3 starters you didn't pick on your account-that way everything would be a good buy! :lol:

I've seriously considered this. :roll: Although I think I've gotten so used to Refess, I don't think I could play the other Empires well. My alt accounts can testify to that. :lol:
EvilGenius

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum