LAWTIA: early or mid game control

Strategies and Card File Construction

LAWTIA: early or mid game control

Postby neonsun » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:56 am

;a39 ;a39 ;a39 ;a39 ;a39
After playing around with my lawtia tournament deck , i have noticed several things.

What ever beginning strategy lawtia use , it comes a time in the game where most lawtia units are killed and need to be revived , usually that time is around the 6 to 9 turn, do other lawtia players suffer from the same problem!??

i ve played against many lawtia , sometime modifying my opening strategy to allow lawtia to use shades and not backlashing. still its the same whether 2 +shades are used or moon and regen are summoned.
i also noticed that this situation is most oftenly caused by the ranged assaults of opponents. This problem has specifically been happening more lately , now that people are looking for lebau on SS3 or 4.

Any thoughts and ideas ?

the real problem with lawtia is the ranged attacks(weak) , with esktia being freely available in tournament (other Iczers have been complaining hihihihihih :twisted: ), but they fail to realize that even thou eksatia is doing a great job he s not responsible for their losses, the lycans ,wight and the girl specter really come to life and give a mean, non forgiving backline.
if annarose is present it becomes worse

Now who do u prefer girl specter or Leonardo?

Also i found it strategically more helpful to keep my night effect cards on diff rows than eskatia as he is the target of most SS (who would blame them lol )

the purple deck is the only deck that requires cunning to win lol lol
;a39
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Re: LAWTIA: early or mid game control

Postby EvilGenius » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:17 am

Soul Bind is a good way to get back board control during a mid game melee. Hit a key unit on their field, and all of a sudden you're back on top again.
EvilGenius

Postby teasel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:50 am

isn't girl spectre a lv 3? what's the point of playing girl spectre when you could play castle wight? 50 HP let the guys take a hit while the girl will be down after the first attack at 30 HP,the only advantages the girl has over the castle wight is 3 point of agi vs 2 and a range of 3 vs 2 but i don't think those are as helpfull as the extra 20 HP
teasel

Postby neonsun » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:16 pm

teasel wrote:isn't girl spectre a lv 3? what's the point of playing girl spectre when you could play castle wight? 50 HP let the guys take a hit while the girl will be down after the first attack at 30 HP,the only advantages the girl has over the castle wight is 3 point of agi vs 2 and a range of 3 vs 2 but i don't think those are as helpfull as the extra 20 HP

agreed
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Postby nightsage » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:33 am

well lawtia is a bit stronger then the rest when u manage to get your game running then again it's like all the rest combos and stuff
the combo i used often is shade killing and front tank recovering knight if i get it right i can stack up to 80 even 100 def now come hit me :D and i have my back line hitting hard or just use invisible druid x2 combo for 50 damage spam per turn and not risk your other units dying then again it's close to gg if they manage to kill the front tank
nightsage

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:13 am

nightsage wrote:well lawtia is a bit stronger then the rest when u manage to get your game running then again it's like all the rest combos and stuff
the combo i used often is shade killing and front tank recovering knight if i get it right i can stack up to 80 even 100 def now come hit me :D and i have my back line hitting hard or just use invisible druid x2 combo for 50 damage spam per turn and not risk your other units dying then again it's close to gg if they manage to kill the front tank

Crest Regenerator Knight and Moonlight Warrior are two of the best front line tanks currently available. And they're extremely common as 2 of each come with everyone's collection.

P.S. Periods and commas are your friend. ;a30
EvilGenius

Postby Xovian » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:25 pm

teasel wrote:isn't girl spectre a lv 3? what's the point of playing girl spectre when you could play castle wight? 50 HP let the guys take a hit while the girl will be down after the first attack at 30 HP,the only advantages the girl has over the castle wight is 3 point of agi vs 2 and a range of 3 vs 2 but i don't think those are as helpfull as the extra 20 HP

I think you're missing the point of the wight and the specter.
I think having both works.
OP stated
Now who do u prefer girl specter or Leonardo?

And to that question, the specter wins IMO.

Reason being even if you have Eksatia x3, it's pretty much a guarantee that the opposing Iczer is going to do everything they can to kill, remove, or bounce the card off the board so the night effect does not happen. In those instances, either Lycanthrope Lilith/Leonardo is going to be just sitting there and just as prone to being one shotted as the specter is. Because of this, she is often a better source of damage, because 110dmg ever three turns will beat out the Lycans mere 50 every 3 turns if Eksatia is removed. If Eksatia stays, their damage out put is exactly the same.

The lycans only come out ahead if used as an opener, because of the cheaper SP cost of 2, or if they have a large amount of SP for undead regen purposes. Lawtia is not well known for having massive amounts of SP to play with. The specter costs an additional SP (3), but i think its more then fair, since games have a tendency to swing one way then the other as the battle wears on. They balance out fairly well, just depends on the players preference.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Return to Annarose's Sanctum