Efreet Deck - is it possible?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Efreet Deck - is it possible?

Postby teasel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:00 pm

ok i have tried everything in my cards to make an efreet card file trying to find a way to regain the ground lost because of blitz soldiers (and maybe a gowen deck that's a little different from the usual) problem is i just can't find any passable way to play this guy without making the deck sucks so badbadbadbadbad,i have tried going with more LP,using archer scout,using advent SS but the end result is always the same... i find myself with lots of dead guy and SS that don't help me regain field position and when the efreet finaly hits the situation is incredibly bad and then he just sits there looking dumb and get killed... even when i'm able to gets a blast with his skill the situation is already so hopeless that he doesn't make any difference at all... so any help?
teasel

Re: Efreet Deck - is it possible?

Postby ManiacalSoul » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:04 pm

I saw a deck in the tourney that was built around efreet. He played what looked to me weird at the start w/some random level 2's of some sort, but he had a strategy behind it. He used 3 boy combat priests for his first 3 SC's and built towards timing an Efreet w/a lebeau 4th SC, then magic weapon'ed it. I suppose u could probably do the same w/ Dragonrider Wasseir too.
Last edited by ManiacalSoul on Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManiacalSoul

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:05 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I found the "sits there looking dumb" part to be kinda funny.

I've never thought about using him seriously in my deck, but that's probably because I only have one copy of him. Building your deck around him just doesn't seem feasible for Gowen-they're all about their level 2s and 3s rocking the house from day one. Refess can pull that Dragonrider strategy off more easily becuse they're about DF-which Gowen is not. Plus, Refess generates SP better than Gowen.

;a40 =Early game dominance ;a41 =Slow and steady wins the race(?)
Romdeau

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Well I'm not a master of the Efreet deck but from my brief experience with it during the summer tournament here are some things I found.

Splash Sylphs. For 2 sp (1 in falkow sphere 1 for unit itself) for the initial use and 1 for each additional use you can almost assure Efreet goes first when you absolutely need him to go first.

Don't throw the early game. Yes your goal is to build up sp, but that doesn't mean you just let your opponent wail on you while you use sp gaining abilities, make sure you keep pressure on your opponent. He'll most likely eventually overwhelm you since your not going to invest too heavily in your field but thats when efreet should be dropping down and doing his thing.

On turns you don't Sylph, consider using magic weapon. I know people who would tell you to use Charge but I find the extra attack boost (and sp cost) unnecessary. With just a magic weapon for a single sp your now dealing 60 damage to your opponents entire field and thats usually more then enough to wipe the field clear.

If you can get them consider using a few Soul Skills that both deal damage and give sp instead of just the ones that purely give SP. The SP may come a little slower but keeping your opponents field in check can help you live long enough to play the efreet as well as help set off a few of his SS's so that they aren't all directed at your Efreet later.

Consider Dryads. That 10 defense boost may not seem like much but it can go along way when its on a 90 hp unit like Efreet.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Return to Annarose's Sanctum