Random Lawtia/Falkow opening I thought of

Strategies and Card File Construction

Random Lawtia/Falkow opening I thought of

Postby slashzero » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:09 pm

First turn - 3 in Lawtia, 0 in Falkow, set Shade.

Second turn - Place Shade wherever, if enemy placed a level 2 put him in front. 0 in Lawtia, 1 in Falkow, Set Witch. Watch Shade get obliterated, if not, you're in even better shape.

Third turn - Place Witch in the back rows, set Sylph/Undine unless opponent is Falkow, in which case set Haste or Lycanthrope and watch your opponent waste a Sylph/Undine effect. If Shade died last turn, activates a soul effect that engages enemy unit (or does something to agi), and then Witch sends it packing. If he didn't die, hopefully he takes the hit and lets your witch return.

Fourth turn - If your opponent has enough sp to summon a level 3, make sure you have something decent on your frontline. If not, place a Shade if your Witch is still standing.

Etc.

Just thought of this randomly all of a sudden. Would make a decent opening if you're playing Lawtia/Falkow combo but you don't see many of those. Lawtia's just too dependent on its own cards. I guess it would work for a sacrifice opening for working up to LB/Reviver strategy. Or maybe a hybrid Return/Lawtia Tank strategy. Either way I won't be using this since I don't have many Lawtia cards at all, so I figured I'd post it and see what someone else can do with it.
slashzero

Re: Random Lawtia/Falkow opening I thought of

Postby Porky » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:42 pm

er.. think you're confused, witch is a level 2, so you're one sp short somewhere in your description.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby EvilGenius » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:43 pm

It was a nice thought, though. Hybrid decks are just too slow in the current meta game. Splashing level 1 cards is the way to go.
EvilGenius

Postby Candi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:11 am

Sylph, Undine, Song Sorceress.... Erm... Splash Falcow lv 1's because everyone wants speed :P. And if you want splash 2 Falcow for Catherina because she is capable of making up for whatever your sphere lacks in ^.^

Other note worthy splashes include: Magic Weapon, Shade, Turn to Dust?, Defensive Maneuvers (talk about LeBeauifying everything you own for 1 turn :P -- wanna kill me? NOT!), Salamander.

Of course anything else can be splashed of lv 1, but it would have to be specific to your deck style (not that any card in your deck shouldn't be) but I think most of those could arguably fit anywhere that was willing to let them.

Splashy splashy sploosh!
(I think I need sleep)
Candi

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:45 am

Candi wrote:Sylph, Undine, Song Sorceress.... Erm... Splash Falcow lv 1's because everyone wants speed :P. And if you want splash 2 Falcow for Catherina because she is capable of making up for whatever your sphere lacks in ^.^

Other note worthy splashes include: Magic Weapon, Shade, Turn to Dust?, Defensive Maneuvers (talk about LeBeauifying everything you own for 1 turn :P -- wanna kill me? NOT!), Salamander.

Of course anything else can be splashed of lv 1, but it would have to be specific to your deck style (not that any card in your deck shouldn't be) but I think most of those could arguably fit anywhere that was willing to let them.

Splashy splashy sploosh!
(I think I need sleep)

While "Falcow" is funny, it's Falkow. :lol:

And Defensive Maneuvers would be nice if it lasted more than 1 turn. But I just don't see it being useful except in limited cases.
EvilGenius

Postby Kavi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:02 am

Porky wrote:er.. think you're confused, witch is a level 2, so you're one sp short somewhere in your description.

Well, shade is a level one, so sp allocation could be modified to fit the bill. I used this combo a bit in tournament play, though it was a Falkow deck with Lawtia splash, not the other way round. It worked against pretty much anything except some aggressive Lawtia decks and the odd Falkow deck. Since then I've been praying for shades to augment my current Falkow deck :D
Kavi

Postby Porky » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:09 am

yeah i mis read the first bit, I got impulsive and bought more gran, god damn it need more self control.

im trying a falkow/gowen deck that i saw in the tourny i think Mortarious (sp) played it, I can't get it right, its blitz soldier and catherina thats all i can remember=( its not working too well, might try a pure gowen deck.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Return to Annarose's Sanctum