How to beat Falkow with Gowen (slightly modified starter) ?

Strategies and Card File Construction

How to beat Falkow with Gowen (slightly modified starter) ?

Postby KratosAurion » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:46 pm

I know this is a question that covers a whole empire and there is more than one answer to it, but let me explain my situation. I just can't manage to keep up building my lines with all that control, defense and strong creatures around.

I don't find Voldore to be much of a problem since I can kill him with a fire arrow or a soul skill, but dealing with Soul Hunters + all sorcerers + sylph/undine destroy seems to hard for me as Gowen. I don't have any Blitz Soldiers, Panther Souls or uncommon soul skills so I usually go with Kurina+Monks, a strategy that dies rather quickly when the Sea Hunter hits the field. I tried outnumbering my enemy from early on, but last time I did that I got all my level 2 cards returned by a Grimoire card whose name I can't remember, and I ended up with a single Dual-Sword Weilder to stand against an army of 60 hp/30 atk/3 agi tanks.

Of course, it's a whole different story when they play the witch and keep me from using the monks or Kurina. My most used lvl 3 cards are the Revolver Knight and the Dual-Sword Weilder with Dryad buffs, all of which take a while to pull out and can't stand on their own against Falkow's lvl3s.

Anyway that's my situation. I know it'd be a lot easier with Spores or Blitz Soldiers but I don't have any of those and I don't plan to spend money. Any strategies or suggestions would be appreciated. ;a40
KratosAurion

Re: How to beat Falkow with Gowen (slightly modified starter) ?

Postby Porky » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:21 am

Exploding spore or use salamander as soul card, revived spores will wipe their board.
and the card he used is cyclone, most players dont use it as its very situational but it does wreck gowen pretty hard=(
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby lunchboxx10 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:23 am

without buying cards it is hard to win in folrart :?
lunchboxx10

Postby ManiacalSoul » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:35 am

lunchboxx10 wrote:without buying cards it is hard to win in folrart :?

That depends on what sphere you are running. It is extremely difficult (at least without a ton of luck) to win without buying if you are gowen or refess, but relatively easy to build a very powerful and competitive deck at the highest levels for free if you are falkow. Lawt is somewhat in between, to build their best deck you need to spend a fortune to get eskatias, but it is possible to be at least competitive with lawt for free. Note that for gowen, although you do need to spend to compete, you don't need to spend as much to make their best decks as you would for lawtia or refess.
ManiacalSoul

Postby Essence » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Better idea isn't using your ss and/or Fire Arrow on Vordor. Gowen's best unit's are front liners. Kill units that are stopping you from getting into their back field. Falkow's the best early starter, and a good user won't lose regardless. To boot since until rank up most Gowen units only have 30 hp(many have this with rank up as well). So his boost to their attack is basically pointless. My Gowen deck has 2 fire arrows, and my soul cards are mainly Gowen level*20. With this you take out their front line then once that's down Falkow's very easy to handle. If witch is their first card. You're out of luck. It can mess up Gowen very badly. Only real counter I have to that is play salamander 2nd turn to get a defense then dual wielder third turn. As for cyclone Porky's right just hope lol...
Essence

Postby teasel » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:46 pm

actualy witch it's pretty easy to counter... just pack a single undine/sylphy and play it the turn after the witch hits
teasel

Postby arfort » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:52 pm

Another good counter to the witch is to play two spores in a row after they play the witch. They'll lose the witch and her spirit friends soon enough.
I know three spores aren't included with the starter but it's a one star. You should be able to get some soon enough.
arfort

Postby teasel » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:49 pm

i have around 50 card and still have to find a single blitz soldier... finding 1 star commons it's not easy >:(
teasel

Postby Candi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:19 pm

teasel wrote:i have around 50 card and still have to find a single blitz soldier... finding 1 star commons it's not easy >:(

That's very true, there are quite a few of them. Go for boosters or boxes - chances of getting a bunch of a certain 1 star are better in bulk. Lottery can **** you over and over again with tons of one card.

As for countering Witch opening, save your second turn and play a level 3 - or go with arfort's method - spores spell doom for those spirits speed boosters, and not only will it knock them out but then your rival has the choice of revival or LP suffering - both being bad for them (revival since spirits are better played, not revived).
Candi

Return to Annarose's Sanctum