Gowen Warriors

Strategies and Card File Construction

Gowen Warriors

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:16 am

Has anyone tried any warrior files? I've tinkered somewhat but can't seem to find something I'm happy with. Now that warriors have brave strike they seem more playable. I guess you could stay at gowen 3 with like steel, blitz, bear killing, girl merc, amazon, light h-fighter, etc. Or maybe drop steel go ranked 1's like feline kin and h-army and spam brave strike. Or maybe go for mids with bazgar/estoma/Cassie/sakura/dilate/revolver, etc.

Anyone have any thoughts about them?
Last edited by GonFreeces31 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Re: Gown Warriors

Postby Pancakes » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:05 pm

u no u gon drop bringer when they fail
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Re: Gown Warriors

Postby MTCosta » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:21 pm

Mitzett, Pixy Greatswordswoman, and Pixy Dual-wielder are all Warriors so my Warrior file would just be a Faerie file with Brave Strike thrown in, heh. Maybe Charge too, would be awesome to buff Mitzett's attack with that and use her action skill. You can also throw in Blitz Soldier or Fighter Pixy to increase your Warrior count.

As for a deck focused more on the Warrior subtype than the Faerie subtype, I think the problem is that the two units that buff Warriors, Steel and Amazon, are just so weak, and Charge is not that great either. That leaves only Brave Strike as a reason to play Warriors, and while Brave Strike is a good grim, it's hard to justify running a suboptimal unit composition when you could be doing the typical Rhino/Winston/Tiger/Kurina/other stuff deck. Some ideas though:

EX Merc Girl is great because you barely mind giving her 0 attack from Brave Strike, and she's a cheap way to increase your warrior count.

Heierrat Broadsword, Spy, Light Fighter, and Revolver Bladesman are all Warriors. Of course now it's looking more like Mercenary Nation but you could try Steel instead of Revolver Bladesman (so you don't need rankup), and there's a nice combo where Steel buffs the attack of Spy or Light Fighter and Broadsword copies Spy/Light Fighter's attack for lots of damage. Charge is also cool for enhancing Steel's Start and Broadsword's Auto. I don't think it'd be strong but it could be fun.
MTCosta

Re: Gowen Warriors

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Kurina tiger 2 warriors then bringer it is! ;)

MT have you tried it with pixies? The pixie warriors are early game units and you need to spam those opens I doubt you'd have sp for brave.

Well before I tried steel, kin, and amazon with like a blitz or Sam girl behind. Kin gets 60 atk at 6 ago, that ain't bad. Plus you can carry breaths/bof for backlash. It wasn't bad, but not amazing either. Just tryin to get some brainstorming or support for warriors that doesn't use abuse.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby MTCosta » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Haven't tried it myself, and I guess you're right that you'd almost never have time for a 3 SP grimoire. Maybe scratch that idea then.

I forgot that you can backlash Ball of Flame/Dragonbreath so that does help some, but nowadays there are so many cards doing Start skill damage or getting some kind of reward for killing your guys that 20 HP feels really risky, especially on a level 3. I'm out of ideas, maybe someone else has something.
MTCosta

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Yeah, they're not easy to play all. Maybe you could use brave strike in gowen rush too with all the warriors around? Hmm, the other question is why they're hard to play. Is it the lack of synergy? Or sp issues with rank ups and stuff?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Urizen » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:59 am

I would advise a suddo mid lvl file, steel and yuni also combo well, steel, rev bladesman, cassie base with amazon and yuni support.
Image No, actually I didn't bring a spare......
Urizen

Postby Urizen » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:35 pm

OOOO i just noticed most mermaids are warriors, you could run a falkow gowen warriors with falkow grimy goodness and metia goodness as well!!!
Image No, actually I didn't bring a spare......
Urizen

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 am

I'm gonna bump this cause I've been tryin and failin pretty bad with warriors. Has anyone else even attempted it? I'm one of the few with Steel/Estoma/Bazgar/Cassandra/Feria playsets so I feel some moral obligation to at least represent them a little bit in Folrart... but every attempt of mine just ends it failure. I tried to open kurina - 1 - spgen - steel - fill out field, but that just ends really poorly every time. I tried to go back to fundamentals, and I think maybe a 1-3-1-4 open would be a more sound approach for this set up. Carb -> Light H-Fighter -> (Asuet triggers) lvl 1 -> Steel. But I worry about so many things such as...

1) Lvl 4 problem - Steel, being a level 4, is really awkward to place in a gowen rush. Also... Why Steel when you can Rivera?
2) Feria - Everytime I play Feria this thought enters my head: "Now why are we playing Feria when we could be playing rhino or axe man? Oh yeah trying to be a warrior - purist here..."
3) Amazon - Same problem as Feria. Why amazon when you can axe man and rhino?
4) Charge and Brave Strike - Almost never get to play them cause I have so many problems trying to get field control.
5) Estoma/Bazgar/Dilate/Cassandra - All mid level units. Wonderful. Mids basically means I have very little control over my SS, I'm vulnerable to removals, I can't deal with owl sages or kald or KP's easily, and by the time I play Bazgar he will die immediately from a kurina/tiger/rhino/salamander field.
6) I'm sorry but I think steel+yuni is a junky combo. It basically just adds a ton of attack to 1 unit cause by the time steel acts he is probably dead.

:( Any brilliant insights from anyone? Will I ever succeed in my quest to build a competitive warriors file?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby azurewrath » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:54 am

Buncle --> Rapid ---> Rapid ---> Bringer ---> whatever?
azurewrath

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum