Gowen Warriors

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Gowen Warriors

Postby Ahina » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:12 am

I've been exasperated with Merc Nation lately, and when I looked closer I noticed... the core units are Warriors. (Army, Broadsword, and Revolver Bladesman.) The issues sound similar too, just replace the reliance on mid-level units with needing to spend the first SS getting rank-up.
Ahina

Postby angelspawn » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:57 am

... and she isn't even pretty. Son, i am disapoint. :(
angelspawn

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Bumping this cause Amazon got buffed. Anything going on with warriors?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:08 pm

I noticed Mitzette and pixy Dual wielder are also warriors. And greatsword. Could be interestin, though you'll probably not have that much of a field presence ever.
LoneKnight

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:51 pm

I like opening with Feline Kin Warrior and trying to get PoM SS and summoning Asuet and Amazon follow by Cassandra. Dilate is my fail end game...
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Vascha » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Asuet rocks
revolver bladesman is another beastly warrior... why aren't people using him in their warrior files ?
Everyone once said that the earth was flat.
Everyone once said that the earth was the center of the universe.
Doesn't mean that everyone was correct just because they agreed.
Vascha

Postby Nerdyfro » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:28 pm

I don't have most of these cards so I don't know exactly how they play, but here's my take on warriors.

SS: PoM, Rasam, Grebados, Zug, Star Dragon

1x Rileira
3x Tiger
1x Pullermia
3x Asuet
3x Elite Fencer
3x Mermaid Spear Fighter
3x Amazon
1x EX Amazon
1x Sakura
1x EX Girl Merc
1x Rapid Growth
3x Brave Strike
1x Return

Opening goes: Rileira --> Tiger --> Pullermia --> Asuet --> Elite Fencer

completely underwhelming and you'll probably be too poor to be able to do anything. Tiger is just there for free revive to time when Grebados SS activates. Then pray asuet lives and can handle their entire field...Seems like a long shot. You may not need three copies of mermaid spear fighter, may want to trade those in for another EX amazon or another sakura, or just a ball of flame or boulder drop. There doesn't appear to be a whole lot of cohesiveness with warriors. Amazon start skill and brave strike leave a little more to be desired. Would be awesome if you could get two amazons into play, but that seems too fragile.
I consider myself a "free" player because I never spent any of my own money on Alteil.

However, I did get free gran from
Nerdyfro

Postby Gota » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Tried warriors WAY back in the day, haven't tried since errata, but after reading this whole thread, I think its safe to say that pure warrior isn't really the way to go. Maybe it is, but I think salamanders are a must and I don't seem to see anyone mention it.

I think playing warriors will have to take up the refess style of playing. Which would bring in one of the oldest tricks, and that is to canon fod. This is great because now the new amazon is 2RNG, so even if they don't kill the fodder, you can still get at least 2 attacks in.

The point is to have fast front row units to take hit so the slower second row warriors have better chance of survival and attack. Looking through the cardlist, some fast warriors are...

EX Merc girl (fast and free)
Light Heierrat Fighter (shes great, since she has free revive, also, her action is target-able and sets her atk to 0, which means she could be a great target for your brave strike as well)
Feline Kin Fighter (Another great unit, shes fast and doesn't die easily, they might have to use sp on a skill to kill her, if they don't kill her, even better. You get to snipe with your 2RNG units like Amazon, bladesman or samurai girl)
Heierrat Army (he could atk or buff, up to you)

Slow fodder like salamander works too if you know your opponent is guaranteed to kill the fodder. fast ones are ideal only because you could get a free atk off, or possibly move them if they are not killed so your other warriors can attack. But I think you don't even have to move most of the time, its probably best if they don't kill so you have more time to set up your field which is the primary concern for a warrior deck anyway.

Using this method, it could be worth it to use steel, so he could buff your front row fast fodder, and him sitting in second row with 50hp and 10def, he could survive better.

Possibly open with spore->lv3->raise sphere to 4 set lv1 and a PoM first SS + Rasam 2nd SS
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Yeah my warrior file packed 3 sala cause he just is that awesome! Also at one time I also used Light Heierrat Fighter she was pretty god but later on I took her out cause usually my front row was full with Asuet, Cassie and Feline.

Edit: Also this grim is fun to use in warrior decks.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Ropey » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:57 am

3 kin fighter
3 belly dancer
3 tiger
3 boomerang fighter
3 Amazon
3 highland hunter
3 ex ork
3 rev blade man

1 fire ball

This file came out of tweaking the basic/starter set.In the middle of it is the SS Price of knowledge.I protect my SS till that one so (A) most on my lev 2s are dead (B) the opponent is behind on LP or just wants to finish me.Boomerang with a hp + 20 attack + 20 ranked up then buffed by amazon, fired down the middle with a bit of belly dancer buff! That could be 70! 210 damage straight thought your forces(2 whole sp for her skill!)
,and with highland doing 70 to your def buffed undead?.Kin fighter draws grims and sp.Ex ork cuts into early def ,and protects boomerang.The rev giant at the end.
It runs at about 50/50.It fails cos most players will pack something against pixies.Falkow grims give it a rough time,as will most any simple gowen deck .but it,s a brawler.Great to get stuck in with.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum