Gowen Warriors

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Gowen Warriors

Postby Ropey » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:12 am

As for brave strike?I could see myself with 3 or 4 warriors on at a time.So best case aim it at kin for 80 dmg to 2 units.I would swap it out for my fire ball it costs 1 less.thinking about it,it does make sense thanks.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Ropey » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:41 pm

I didn,t think much of the pre built warriors file.Amazon was def worth the 500g of the 1st wk price,and of course merc ex. Everyone must have her my now?

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Well the lvl 4's make the flow a little clunky but it's a solid file overall.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby basilis » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:27 am

I'll let all of you guys in on a little secret. The way I played my gowen, I always had a lot of trouble with well executed serpent files and rushes above 20 HP, like pixies. Now, I find that if I plonk down revolver bladesman, sakura, and then ex merc girl, all three units I was already using in my mid red file anyway, I have 3 warriors on the field and that means I can use brave strike to get rid of serpent and frog in one turn for just 3 SP and a weakened merc girl. Or, say that sakura dies before I can field this trinity, 40 damage to two targets is still fine to take out mitzett and torte. The timing is more strict than fire arrow's, but it's roughly double as effective in most situations. Since I added it I've thought many times: Thank god for brave strike. Before going into bringer and/or athira shin.
basilis

Postby Xovian » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:01 am

Warrior files can be like trying to make a "Far East" or "Merc Nation" file.
The difference with warrior is at least you have more choices, and oddly enough both Far East and Merc Nation are often warriors as well.

Personally I went with making a merc nation file as my warrior file, and it had good results in testing.
It's still a warrior file, as it runs 5 different warriors, so in essence its both.
While a purist might not think so, I suppose it comes down to how many units are required to be in a file for that file to fit "X" theme.

However I'd point out certain files aren't pure, but I doubt anyone would say they are not a certain file type at times.
Is EN not EN because they run only 2-4 lycans? Not EN because it only has EX Riza, Eskatia and Succubus only?
Depends on your preference I suppose.
For me any file that runs 3 (x3) or more could easily be counted as a theme, so don't sell warriors short just because you aren't running all "warriors".

For reference:
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:42 am

Xovian are you trolling? I see a gowen file with no salamanders and no fire arrows.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Xovian » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:48 am

Last I checked neither of those cards are "required" in any file, they are personal preference.
Try playing it before you make stupid comments.

And Gon, wtf is your problem, you have attacked every post I make, and every comment or file I've posted.
If you don't like my files or whatever, keep your comments to yourself.
Put my posts on ignore if you got a problem with me, cause this is getting old.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Ropey » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Looks like an interesting file.I,ve not tried many of the Merc Nation cards.I tend not to use fire based grims with warriors.I don,t like to play with fire works as it were.Rapid growth,brave strike are better.Even the one that ups attack.I have not used tornado in a dogs life.Thinking of it I like the health giving pixie dust.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Shrimpyrice » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:47 am

I love the idea of warriors. Haven't made one yet with a win rate that I like, but I'll keep trying. Xovian: have you tried putting EX:Fierte into the file, since you are doing warrior/merc nation hybrid?
Shrimpyrice

Postby Ropey » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:45 pm

EX:Fierte: I just lost against the sea monsters with a file based on the one I describe earlier in this thread.Even with some clever grims and SS.I kitted the warriors out for all types of scenario.I just can,t give up on the faction that had me hooked right from the start.Kin works well in it,and I liked EX:Fierte,s skills.

Sorry,but the warriors file sold as faction pack is only good for parts.

I.m going to work on the martial artists as am so upset with the warriors.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum