officially sick of falkow

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: officially sick of falkow

Postby Linnear » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:03 pm

SadistOkita wrote:Come on people. Falkow is not that strong. Only against lawtia it totaly owns, in case they run a starter deck.
When you break their formation they die like flies. So be reasonable, falkow just dosn't have good cards. If you lose to them then your strategy is flawed, so try to improve it somehow.
And gowen decks can rush the **** out of falkow.

Okita, were you around when only the first set was out? Falkow was practically the dominant sphere, probably contested mostly by Gowen. The effects and speed Falkow had as a starter were pretty good. Many of the cards were cheap in cost and skills were very cheap cost as well. If a Falkow user was to gain game control at the beginning and you hadn't prepared a good SC line-up or deck itself, you could've considered yourself screwed. Especially if you were refess or lawtia.
The second set can practically smash a Falkow deck now. I've fought a couple modified Falkow's and they either stood a really really good chance against, or they beat me. One or the other. Btw, I use Gowen and Refess. I have a fairly good idea what the Blues could do.
Linnear

Postby surignum » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:47 pm

You can't set two pirate kings on the field at the same time, character backlash. (I actually accidentally backlashed myself once this way. Well, I would've lost anyways.) Try strategies before you claim to have done them.

i wasnt saying i had two out at one time...i said one out..and then when he goes to the graveyard, his revived counterparts autoskill will bring him back from said graveyard.

and to simplify this thread up, EACH sphere has cards which seem ridiculous, and EACH sphere has a counter strategy to these cards.....It just takes a little bit of thinking. Those who complain about "unbeatable combos" just havent thought hard enough to figure out a way to beat them....no matter how you look at it, its true ^_^
*It descends from heaven:Yet it unleashes hell*
surignum

Postby Romdeau » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:09 am

surignum wrote:Those who complain about "unbeatable combos" just havent thought hard enough to figure out a way to beat them....no matter how you look at it, its true ^_^

This is true if you have access to all the cards (like a GM); for most of us, that's just not possible.

Back to the reason why this topic is still being bounced around...

Gowen has the capability to out rush Falkow, but this sort of weenie rushing can be countered with a well timed Soul Skill and Undine. IMO, Falkow was the anit-Gowen during set 1 and still has that capability. Lawtia still amazes me to no end at how irritating their abilities can be (SP suck, Lebeau, now we have to dance with fast mass killing units), so I would argue Lawtia is the sphere that is the best equipped to handle us.
Romdeau

Postby surignum » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:24 pm

I do enjoy using my lawtia deck, and i would love to use it against a falkow, but i never encounter one...i always get gowen or lawtia....it makes me sad T__T

gonna start stocking water dragon in my ss XD
*It descends from heaven:Yet it unleashes hell*
surignum

Postby Kavi » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:49 am

I've been a Falkow addict since day one, though I play Gowen when I need humility, and I see the point - Falkow, when well-played can be a tricky customer to deal with. Yes, I've been beaten by every sphere at least once (I just recorded my first loss to a pure Gowen deck recently), and a win against Lawtia is a rarity, but maybe that's just my ineptitude. Two things - (1) Set 2 adds a lot of options for Gowen and Refess to mount a formidable attack vs Falkow which they didn't have before, and (2) no Falkow deck has even a remote potential to be invincible. What makes Falkow special is not that it's overpowered, but that it attacks unconventionally, messing up combat math, messing up card placement, removing cards, etc. Their actual cards, in terms of damage and defense and abilities which do direct damage, tend to be on the weak side - I don't have a level two card with hp over 20, and aside from the Crab and Squid my options are limited for higher level cards. I rely heavily on card control, agility management, and damage soul cards, which is a risky combination if there ever was one, and against the now popular high level cards, immune from Return and with some very annoying abilities (ie Coatl's return damage), my options are limited to the odd high level grimoire or the expensive and fragile Vordore, which when not playing against high level cards simply take up space.

Anyway, guys, if you put as much thought into beating Falkow as I have into making Falkow useful, I'm sure you'll be fine :D

;a30
Kavi

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum