Mermaids/Deep Ones

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Mermaids/Deep Ones

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:10 pm

I play shade->shade->rats. Well, played. I don't really play that deck anymore.
LoneKnight

Postby kirk22 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Got bored and put what little gran I had into the lotto. One of the cards I got was Singer of Love, after reading her skills I got to thinking, is a Deep Ones Engage file possible? There are a few mermaids that can engage units and plenty of grims in falkow that do as well. If its even possible, what cards would be used?
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby gadu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:09 pm

That's the file I played in the tournament. Yes you can, (I made a post about this earlier.) Love is one of the control variety of Deep Ones and is key in being able to play Mermaids Falkow style. Use with Shecas, Mermaid Sorceress, Emana and a well played file should ensure your opponent never has a chance to act. I wouldn't go overboard with engage cards, since you will often be wasting engage auto on engaged units.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby gadu » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm

I always wondered if the power of my deep one tournament file was due to deep ones as a tribe or new Emana and now that I've had a chance to play it without Emana... Emana is OP. :|

Some suggestions:

Love: RNG 3
Faith: Base ATT 20
Peace: AGI 4
Shecas: Swap mermaid requirment between Arrow skills (not sure about this)

Although, what I'd really like is all new kinds of control abilities instead of their buff abilities on most of the deep ones, but that's even less likely to happen than mere stat adjustments.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby kirk22 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:42 am

Figured I'd go a head a revive this so we could discuss the mermaid buffs. So what are your thoughts on them?
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Refex » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:48 pm

is a lv 2~3 mermaid rush playable now since they have a free reviver?

crucial units to this file would be shield soldier, mermaid soldier and human form, spear soldier, and metia endgame.

i can never figure out how to play falkow tribes though, since they have buffing units that act like refess buffers, but that is obviously not how falkow tribes are supposed to be played.

so i ask you, what does a falkow lv 2~3 mermaid rush DO?
Refex

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Yeah honestly I think that the free reviver buffing skill is lazy design. IMO falkow units are not ever supposed to buff each others attack defense or HP. Just RNG and AGI if anything and have fancy special abilities.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby kirk22 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:17 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Yeah honestly I think that the free reviver buffing skill is lazy design. IMO falkow units are not ever supposed to buff each others attack defense or HP. Just RNG and AGI if anything and have fancy special abilities.

But mermaids have never been like other falkow units. So I think its an ok difference.

I think a low lvl mermaid rush has become more viable, but will still be hard to pull off. I'd like to try using original Emana to build up my field and ensure they live, and then use Shufas to do some big damage. I lack the original Emana though, so it'll be awhile before I can try it.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Jazzock » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:46 am

kirk22 wrote:I think a low lvl mermaid rush has become more viable, but will still be hard to pull off. I'd like to try using original Emana to build up my field and ensure they live, and then use Shufas to do some big damage. I lack the original Emana though, so it'll be awhile before I can try it.

I did it.... with the old girl sorceress...
that prosauce attack buff with my units being immune to attacks :?
havn't tried it with free revive yet... mainly because I cant :x
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby idol » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Hope to see some mermaid action in Folrart. My only alt was dedicated to the tribe but struggled for a long time.
Having a free reviver is actually something that'll help mermaid to setup its field faster.
I sort of agree Gon's point but I think giving range to a 2nd row unit opens up some tactical options.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum