Mermaids/Deep Ones

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Mermaids/Deep Ones

Postby smallfish » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:09 pm

I would say.... if you haven't needed a must have turn 2 Lv 3, Cath. is always superior in most situation. It provides too much benefits than Carbuncle or young sorceress....

For Lawita OP:

There are usually 5:

1. Shade--> Lv 3 ---> Shade/Lv 2
2. Shade ---> Soul Pact --->Lv 3/Lv 4 or another soul pact, depends you are rush/mid/big
3. Shade ---> Shade ---> Soul Pact/Rats
4. Shade ----> Lv 2
5. Dagon --- Dagon/Tarus/EX Walker/Esk...

Actaully, all can be well answered by falkow....except the last one which depends on your 1st SS actually
1. Cath. ---> Owl Sage ---> Return (It is almost game over for lawita player here)
2. Cath. ----> Owl Sage ---> depends on file, if you really afraid of that soul pact and want owl sage a go, play tidalwave, super-good vs big lawita as it also delays their 1st SS activation. It will left the lawita player a choice to play their key unit or play shade again, which you can recover from owl sage...well, it is their choice though. Just keep 2 SP open and nothing to be worried, except they play a grim to kill or salamander...XD
3. When i see double shade and i know i am facing good player...i may face a soul pact/rat...OK, tidalwave, Cath. buff owl sage to DF 20, eating soul pact, Cath. attack done...well, the later one will usually activate their SS which actually good for the lawita player...but they devote 3 spaces to have this advantage, so they should have it.
4. Well, tidalwave?... Don't need to think except that unit is having 0 AT like lv 1 buff-undead priest or the priest that return undead from cem.
5. Cath. ---> Tidalwave ---> depends

At that point, it is how many owl sage, tidalwave and other grim you have pack in your file though...
And, if Cath. is alive...She rocks....
smallfish

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:10 pm

I always use 3 shades and a salamander so I never get trolled by that cath owl stuff. I don't get why lawtia players don't use salamanders. I guess they like to lose.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby smallfish » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Gon, if you do that, you may in a -4 LP risk though, you can open 2-4SS for your favor though.... Otherwise, i like facing shade now...XD

Have too much experience with 2 DF 10 owl sage on field and the 2 shades just hopelessly press attack to hope they can kill Cath..@@ for 5-6turn...(while i return other things they play...)
smallfish

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Isn't shade shade salamander almost a auto loss for dion control? I don't care about LP or anything if I've won the game by turn 6. having 4LP left might beat they have to kill 15 units, how will they kill 15 units if so far behind?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Urizen_forum » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Triple shade or gtfo.
Urizen_forum

Postby smallfish » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:03 am

Gon, what do you think about Cath ---> Sage ---> Sage against the shade ---> shade ---> Salamander...
As the Dio. control player can let sage to go and activate 1st SS and get back 1SP.

I have to say, it still depends on your SS lineup, if you are using 3 gafc/violet/Zal SS, it maybe game over, if not...another story...

There also a chance Cath. is dead and 2nd SS activate and give sage time to gen SP to come back...
smallfish

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:32 am

Hmm, cath owl owl is a good strategy vs the shade shade salamander yes. Mainly I wanted to point out that I think lawtia players need to use more salamanders so if they face the cath open they have a counter strategy to battle it back.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby smallfish » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:09 am

Yes, but it is 1 more SP investment more than shade which it won't give you back, shade can potential net you 1 more SP and save the gowen sphere SP. Though, the 2nd row 30AT attack usually are useful.

Good against falkow, but not good against gowen and refess
smallfish

Postby hexagram » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:28 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:I always use 3 shades and a salamander so I never get trolled by that cath owl stuff. I don't get why lawtia players don't use salamanders. I guess they like to lose.

They want to play pure lawtia - at their own downfall. Even firm does not pack a salamander in his files which is surprising

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Romdeau » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:33 am

Salamander in general is just very useful to have with that kind of open, Gon is spot on with his assessment that you need one to combat early sage spam.
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum