Refess Strategies Against Falkow

Strategies and Card File Construction

Refess Strategies Against Falkow

Postby Taran » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:18 pm

I had a 6 game winning streak, when unluckily I faced a level 1 (I was level 3, I believe) Falkow opponent. Needless to say, I got waxed. Now, I refuse to believe that Falkow is overpowered, or that Refess is underpowered. What, if any, strategies do you suggest against Falkow? I have never won against Falkow, ever, of any level;I do see that Falkow players generally have better than 50% winning percentage. What is the secret to their demise? Few must know it, and I challenge you few to come foward and help me against this magical menace.

I really do not think they are overpowered, just different, and I can almost taste the secret to destroying them righteously in the name of the True God. I must know!
Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito.

Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
Taran

Re: Refess Strategies Against Falkow

Postby Grain » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:29 pm

A thread like this belongs in the strategy section.

If you'd gone to the strategy section, you'd know I made a thread like this not very long ago.

Glad I could help. :D
Grain

Postby Taran » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:37 pm

Oh! I'm sorry. I was not aware of one, I must have missed it. I am a noob, so I naturally migrated here. I apologize. XD

Taran

Postby gaogaigirl » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:07 pm

That thread is long dead. but I highly recommend a "lock down" deck. This will of course change by tomorrow. But the basic jist is this. Heavy in front. cassowary king and SP generator in back, none range dependent attacker elsewhere. This will limit the number of Vordore pumped up cards that can attack you.

cassowary king is probably th most misunderstood card in Refess.

Gaogaigirl ;a41
gaogaigirl

Postby Xovian » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:13 pm

gaogaigirl wrote:cassowary king is probably th most misunderstood card in Refess.
Gaogaigirl ;a41

Not for me, he was one of the key cards in my Refess file.
With out him, the file would not work.
Late game Dragon Rider is made entirely possible with the SP generators and that card together.
Repeatedly clearing an opponents field is something only Refess can do, but we'll see if that stays the same come tomorrow.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Taran » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:20 pm

gaogaigirl wrote:That thread is long dead. but I highly recommend a "lock down" deck. This will of course change by tomorrow. But the basic jist is this. Heavy in front. cassowary king and SP generator in back, none range dependent attacker elsewhere. This will limit the number of Vordore pumped up cards that can attack you.

cassowary king is probably th most misunderstood card in Refess.

Gaogaigirl ;a41

Thank you for the help! I just got another Cassowary King, so I think I will put two in my deck and try it out. I think stopping their attackers and keeping the attack on the front lines would be a big help.

Thank you again. :-)

Taran

Postby AnnaTheRed » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:23 pm

Well, the topic has "strategies" in it, so I moved this topic to Annarose's Sanctum.

But please continue with the discussion. :)

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby Taran » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:27 pm

AnnaTheRed wrote:Well, the topic has "strategies" in it, so I moved this topic to Annarose's Sanctum.

But please continue with the discussion. :)

AnnaTheRed
;a40

Thank you, hahah. I apologize for being a noob. In the future I will pay more attention. XD

Taran

Postby Candi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:15 pm

I have to agree with the presented strategy. Cassowary King is the one Refess card I hate to see - anything else I don't mind - but that totally ruins my game. (I play Falkow most days).

Give it a good run and get it working well and success will find its way to you!
Candi

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:10 pm

I've actually never found cassoway king to be all that useful against falkow. All that seemed to happen was eagle soldier would hit the table and flying attack the king to death each turn. Whats more, many of Falkows best units are either range 1 anyway, or don't care if they can't attack. Songstress only uses her skill which doesn't rely on range, vordore typically uses his skill which doesn't rely on range, witch typically uses her skill that doesn't rely on range (and incidentally will continually bounce the king at sp disavantage to you), sea hunter is range 1, haste soldier is range 1, Eagle Soldier is range 1 and has a skill that hits anything irregardless of range.

Probably the only things your really hurting are Magic Scythe Soldiers (who I often see in the front row anyway to pick off kessaran passarans hidding in row 2) and left over level 1 sylph/undines who have already achieved their desired purpose via their open ability.

The best advice I have against falkow is just get your ranged units (ancient spear knight and light spearwoman) out sooner and in the first 2 rows so that they can pick off things hiding in the back rows. Oh, and don't use Folrart Shield Knights if you can help it, falkow tends to have too many ways to avoid hitting them. If they don't aggressively go after your KP puff balls they can also be a boon to you as the game tends to be slower and more drown out then the other sphere match ups allowing you more time to build up some extra sp with the puff balls.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum