Set 2: First Impression

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Set 2: First Impression

Postby jasta85 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:48 pm

what are people's impressions of the dragon emperors? i have two, the lawtia and gowen ones, they honestly dont impress me all that much. i could see some tactics built around them, for instance, having your gowen army destroyed and your Soul powers generate SP so you can get the Gowen dragon out and do 50 dmg to everyone left. then just use him to kill off your opponent, but even that is rather risky.

the lawtia dragon emperor really does not appeal to me much in it's actual abilities but it's soul power is very nice, engage all enemy units. as closed cards are removed at the beginning of a turn this means almost the whole enemy side should be engaged before your units even go, giving you a chance to inflict some hurt on them.

how do the dragons look to everyone else?
jasta85

Postby friedtofu » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:40 am

I actually got the Lvl 9 Gowen Dragon used on me. I was 2 LP away from winning the game so I played it safe. But this came to be my undoing. The Gowen Dragon unleashed -50 to all my units (which was beneficial to me) but it was a pretty twisted event. I brought it down with Assassin's SS (... damn that was cool - I would have been royally screwed).

Well - that event made me realize it was possible to bring such a high level monster - 9!!! - out but you're almost at the brink of death.

On another duel I did see that lvl 1 Falkrow 1-2-3 to 7-8-9 shaper. It was pretty cool. Sadly I haven't used any of the newer cards yet. Sigh.
friedtofu

Postby slashzero » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Gowen can easily get high level cards without taking a beating by some SP generating soul cards plus their new sp generating grimiores and a Dryad Soldier SC. Easily doable.

Falkow is awesome, I just wish I had 3 of every card so I could try out more varied strategies. Which there are, you barely see the same strategy with Falkow between two different duelers unless they don't have any of the new set. Against Gowen, however, I'm still getting Kurina -> Exploding Spore 80% of the time. Well, it'll take a little while for everyone to adjust and get the cards they want.

Lawtia rapes if you have a cart of rare cards, as always. I didn't fight many non-rare-toting Lawtia but the few I did didn't make very good use of the new set cards.
slashzero

Postby Grain » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:11 am

Justice wrote:Are we sure Falkow has no more return? I could have sworn at PAX I saw a new trick they had....

Water Dragon
Grain

Postby teasel » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:44 am

I think Lawtia pulled out very well, and the ability to make good files that do not rely on infinite night are here now.
every single lawtia player (which means almost everyone i fought yesterday) was packing the new 5 agi lycans,3 succubus and that SS that deals damage and change time to night so no this is not true
also i still have to fight a single refess player
teasel

Postby Porky » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:11 am

Endless night is so powerful right now=( I wish i had Eskatias and Anaroses.

Water dragon seems pretty dodgy and there hasn't been many Falkow players as there aren't many well constructed Falkow decks out of the new cards yet.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Xovian » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:56 am

teasel wrote:
every single lawtia player (which means almost everyone i fought yesterday) was packing the new 5 agi lycans,3 succubus and that SS that deals damage and change time to night so no this is not true

Infinite night was powerful before the expansion, so what exactly did this change?
My point was even those that did not have all the rares, can still make fun and competitive files.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Phades » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:07 pm

xovian1 wrote:
teasel wrote:

Infinite night was powerful before the expansion, so what exactly did this change?
My point was even those that did not have all the rares, can still make fun and competitive files.

The opening moves could change a little; for example opening with fenrir instead of leonardo, followed by shade or possibly another 2lp lycan, then use succubus for 2 turns of night before shifting over to esketia with plenty of bodies in front of her and then proceed as normal. Fenrir is definitely a beater, he just doesn't have the range.
Phades

Postby jasta85 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Phades wrote:The opening moves could change a little; for example opening with fenrir instead of leonardo, followed by shade or possibly another 2lp lycan, then use succubus for 2 turns of night before shifting over to esketia with plenty of bodies in front of her and then proceed as normal. Fenrir is definitely a beater, he just doesn't have the range.

if you wanted you could also start with legion, it's level 1 so you could bring out a level 3 the next turn, not to mention it will do 30 damage first turn which is enough to take out most level 2's AND it does 30 more damage to any guys that are AGI 2 or lower so it could even kill off a blitz soldier. btw, does its 30 damage to all AGI2 and lower affect itself? if it does then that does suck a bit as it costs you an extra SP then.
jasta85

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:04 pm

jasta85 wrote:
Phades wrote:The opening moves could change a little; for example opening with fenrir instead of leonardo, followed by shade or possibly another 2lp lycan, then use succubus for 2 turns of night before shifting over to esketia with plenty of bodies in front of her and then proceed as normal. Fenrir is definitely a beater, he just doesn't have the range.

if you wanted you could also start with legion, it's level 1 so you could bring out a level 3 the next turn, not to mention it will do 30 damage first turn which is enough to take out most level 2's AND it does 30 more damage to any guys that are AGI 2 or lower so it could even kill off a blitz soldier. btw, does its 30 damage to all AGI2 and lower affect itself? if it does then that does suck a bit as it costs you an extra SP then.

The 30 damage to AGI2 and lower units is a soul skill, thus, while yes it would affect himself, it'll only come into play if you have one of him in your soul cards and your using him as a unit as well and he happened to be on the field when your legion soul card was activated.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum