Multi-faction Cards?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Multi-faction Cards?

Postby reydien » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:20 am

So I was browsing the Japanese Alteil site, mostly looking for some good artwork, when I came across this card:

Aside from having some pretty awesome art, the card has both Refess and Gowen borders on it. A sign of things to come (eventually)? How would this work? would a lvl 3 Gowen/Refess card require both your Gowen and Refess sphere levels to be 3, or just add up to 3, or perhaps just one of them needs to be 3?
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Re: Multi-faction Cards?

Postby Grain » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:27 am

reydien wrote:So I was browsing the Japanese Alteil site, mostly looking for some good artwork, when I came across this card:

Aside from having some pretty awesome art, the card has both Refess and Gowen borders on it. A sign of things to come (eventually)? How would this work? would a lvl 3 Gowen/Refess card require both your Gowen and Refess sphere levels to be 3, or just add up to 3, or perhaps just one of them needs to be 3?

Common sense would tell me both Refess & Gowen are needed.

Common sense isn't always reliable in Fantasy Anime Land though...

-Grain
Grain

Postby erestor » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:41 am

well it could be like MTG were you have a card that is a multi colour
and you use on manna of one colour and 'x' of the other
or it could be that you add the two together like two from column 'a' and one from column 'b'
or what ever sphere you use determines wheather you attack or use an 'instant' [ i forgot the name of the not field cards]
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby reydien » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:45 am

erestor wrote:well it could be like MTG were you have a card that is a multi colour
and you use on manna of one colour and 'x' of the other
or it could be that you add the two together like two from column 'a' and one from column 'b'
or what ever sphere you use determines wheather you attack or use an 'instant' [ i forgot the name of the not field cards]

That was actually where my train of thought originated from. In Magic: the Gathering, you have gold cards, which require specific amounts of more than one type of mana, split cards, which have two separate abilities based on which cost/color you pay, and the newer dual cards, which you use any combination of two colors (3 red 0 blue, or 2 red 1 blue, etc) to play.

I expect the Alteil multi-faction cards will be closest to the gold cards, in that they'll simply have a level and two factions, and you need that level in both factions, but we'll see.
reydien

Postby erestor » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:08 am

did the website happen to have stats for that card
cause from the artwork it looks like it can do one heck of a beatin
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby Chronomaster » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:36 am

My guess goes to having both sphere levels equal or higher than the level of the card.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:36 pm

When I noticed the dual color cards last week during my hunt for a good alteil avatar I was unable to find the ruling on them, but I think once we start playing the game and I get a better feel for the balance of this game I'll be able to go back and, using one of the dual color cards as a base, derive a likely guess. If the card is comparable too or a little weaker then most cards of similar level then it probably only requires that level in either of its colors, however if the card is significantly strong then most cards of the same level then it more then likely requires you be that level in both of its colors.

With out any current information to go on though my guess goes to it requiring both colors to achieve its level, there by providing support for dual color decks.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Kyoshi » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:49 pm

I just want to throw an idea at you guys. But maybe depending on which type you use to summon it by either Refess or Gowen it has different attacks? Because all the cards have attacks specific to the aligned nations. Which would then put up a good possibility that you depending how it was summoned or if you summon it using the mixed you get differing attacks/skills or more attacks/skills to use? Which this would be awesome in my point of view because you would have to add an even more strategic point of view to your playing of this card.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Rad!oZonde » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:02 pm

Kyoshi wrote:I just want to throw an idea at you guys. But maybe depending on which type you use to summon it by either Refess or Gowen it has different attacks? Because all the cards have attacks specific to the aligned nations. Which would then put up a good possibility that you depending how it was summoned or if you summon it using the mixed you get differing attacks/skills or more attacks/skills to use? Which this would be awesome in my point of view because you would have to add an even more strategic point of view to your playing of this card.

That is a very interesting theory Kyoshi, The fact that the gameplay focuses more on strategy makes this idea more likely.
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Postby reydien » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:15 pm

I finally found the card in the Japanese database the other day. http://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=1117 if you're interested. Based on the level of the card (2), and what I can decipher of the abilities from babelfish, my guess at this point is you need the level in both factions.

For reference, as from what I can tell, the Start ability gives one of your units with the Soldier/Swordsman subtypes +10 AT/+2 AGI for the round, and gives you 2 Soul Power. The Auto ability says that if you gained Soul Power from the Start ability, you lose 2 Soul Power. I'm assuming your SP can't go below zero, which makes this an interesting pair of abilities, which can essentially give you 2 free SP to fuel attack skills of whatever attacks before this card. The attack skill has the requirement of having 4 ranks in Refess, and essentially attacks 3 times (random target in range each time).
reydien

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum