2nd Set Refess Strategies!

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: 2nd Set Refess Strategies!

Postby DWildstar » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:47 pm

So far I've been having success with a new Refess Holy Dragon file I made. I finally made it to 1600 RP! Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up. I played another Refess player who used burning sun and spores which worked rather well. By the end of the game they had Holy Dragon, Coatl and a Sphinx :shock: I hadn't really understood how good Coatl could be until that duel because I only paid attention to the DEF he gave in his counterskill and not the AT.

Other than that duel I've only had real serious trouble against Gowen files which use lots of AT buffs like the Angel, and also today against a Lawtia Chaos Ogre D'alos file which made rather quick work of me. The -10 AT of Holy Dragon is really a life saver and drags the game on long enough for the relatively low attack units to chew through the other guy's.
DWildstar

Postby Forsakensoul » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:08 am

DWildstar wrote:So far I've been having success with a new Refess Holy Dragon file I made. I finally made it to 1600 RP! Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up. I played another Refess player who used burning sun and spores which worked rather well. By the end of the game they had Holy Dragon, Coatl and a Sphinx :shock: I hadn't really understood how good Coatl could be until that duel because I only paid attention to the DEF he gave in his counterskill and not the AT.

Other than that duel I've only had real serious trouble against Gowen files which use lots of AT buffs like the Angel, and also today against a Lawtia Chaos Ogre D'alos file which made rather quick work of me. The -10 AT of Holy Dragon is really a life saver and drags the game on long enough for the relatively low attack units to chew through the other guy's.

It slaughtered my dragon deck T_T well that and assassin.
Forsakensoul

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:25 am

Most played Refess strategy :

Spores, burning sun, more spores, burning sun ... some "+SP and return units from your cemetery" in your SC ... maybe bonus SP some magic cards
when he has only 1 or two SC left place a big bad monster on the field, next turn do that again
if he summons something you do not like, place a berserker

GG
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Romdeau » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:54 pm

At best, berserker can take out 3 cards of his big baddies. Not to mention you have to take the time to set him and then use an SP to get rid of it. With this in mind, you're not going to have much on the field (especially if he nuked your field with spore) besides your lonely berserker. If your opponent is building a deck surrounding big monsters (goat +coatl), you can count on him carrying a couple of judgement hammers, blessings, and maybe a magic bolt or two. That means your poor berserker can get zapped by a magic bolt before anything happens (unless you fairy dance and save his **** once).

Berserker is not the Gowen answer to this deck. I've run into it once on my side account (Retaliate) and experience the displeasure of once again, not knowing how to counter this deck. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, but thus far the only spore counter I can easily say stops the sun is Spell Lock. He sets the spore, cast spell lock. Once the spore is killed, he will let it die and you will get a couple of rounds at hacking his LP until he decides to do something. Of course this is assuming you're playing falkow and managed to nab one of these 3 star babies (I've never seen one, only saw it played once against me as Gowen-stopped my Panther Soul/Fire Tornado).
Romdeau

Postby slashzero » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:22 pm

This only works well if you manage your sp correctly, but using the Return on the spore (same turn as Burning Sun goes off) and then wacking the crap out of LP can work sometimes. Unless they saw the return coming you should get one, if not two turns with free shots at LP.
slashzero

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum