Triple Phoenix Refess T_T

Strategies and Card File Construction

Triple Phoenix Refess T_T

Postby sunbunman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:53 pm

So I came across this deck that relied on literally 3 character cards (Phoenix, Dryad and Willowisp), and the rest of his deck were buff grims for his nix's. I run a modded falkow starter so high damage isn't rly an option for me. I was just wondering what stretegy would be good in counterring a build that would sp gen for the first few turns then send out a lvl 6 card that ressess itself?
I eventually was up against a 90att 70 def goliath with a another one hiding behind it ( my assassin grim took out one for me)
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Re: Triple Phoenix Refess T_T

Postby Malathrax » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Max HP hate is rather strong against undeads like phoenix, as similar to buffs, any negative stat changes will remain on it as long as it keeps reviving. Similar theory, anything that reduces attack (Or ideally sets it to 0) will also help against it.

Another option is returns, namely rapidly flying apprentices soul skill, will lead to alot of wasted grim buffs on your opponents behalf.
Malathrax

Postby sunbunman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Definitely a good idea maybe I should start to try n get max hp reducer cards since bounce back isn't really my game unless i play my alt levi deck for fun
sunbunman

Postby gadu » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:54 pm

I don't see how max hp reducing skills would help against 90HP and 70DF unless you have a strong unit card. You have to return it or bury it. There are also DF reducing SS or stat resetting skills
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby kirk21 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Or if you play refess theres Like the Hand of God. I love that grim oh so much.
Rubber Duckie, you're the one, You make bathtime lots of fun,Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you...
kirk21

Postby sunbunman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:25 pm

could give me some example of these stat reset cards you speak of? o.O
sunbunman

Postby Tesouke » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Units with shield or weapon breaker. These are almost all Refess units (Elite Folrart Acolyte, Folrart Knight Captain, Bopors). The grimoire Awakening. Aano (Atk only).

To be honest I'm blanking on stuff from other spheres. Other than corruption and warning knife. Durendal eliminates certain self buffs.

Also regarding max HP, if you can drop the units max HP to 0, the unit will close and all buffs are lost. Very few units have good max HP hate, but they include Francis, Girl Combat priest, Lycanthrope [Nue], Jack Winston, and Cassandra. I don't know if the close skill attempts to trigger or not, but regardless it will not succeed in reviving the unit (if it does trigger, you sap the opponent of 3SP).
Tesouke

Postby skilll7 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Falkow's only option is to return it. There's no other way for Falkow to reduce the opponent's SP while that card is in play.
Thunderheads, Tempest and Thunderdrop are useless since it just heals itself..
Valiant Warrior of the Light / Kemious
skilll7

Postby sunbunman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:27 pm

guh I should start packing a couple sky staff sorceress' with me then -.-
sunbunman

Postby Tesouke » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Actually Falkow can play Wrath of the Constellations, but it's not something most people pack (or have), and you still have to kill the phoenixes. Lightning wyvern or Rasam can both pierce Def, but they're just not as effective as an RFA SS in this case. Although they do have the benefit of hitting all phoenixes at once, none of these cards splash well into falkow rush.

Unfortunately, you can't sky staff sorc phoenix as it is RNG 4.
Tesouke

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum