Gowen mirror match

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Gowen mirror match

Postby thailehuy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:45 am

Porky wrote:This is all under the assumption the opponent doesn't play anything. Prediction is a big factor when it comes to mirror matching, if he played a salamander or a dryad the turn you played a dryad you're majorly screwed. None of the solutions so far is a real counter, most of it is just a desperate move and hoping it works out=/

No solution is a real counter, because you didn't tell us what would your opponent play next. Why would an opponent play a salamander when he know his blitz gonna kick your monk butt in 1 hit ? Because he know you gonna play dryad ? In that case, nothing can help you beat that kind of an opponent, he is either can see the future or too smart to be beaten

If you can predict he gonna play blitz, why don't you drop a berserker yourself, then 1 hit kill his blitz ?
thailehuy

Postby teasel » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:49 am

wouldn't he just resurrect the guy while you just wasted 3 (2 from berserker + 1 from skill?) SP and have no guy on the field? doesn't sound like a great idea to me...
teasel

Postby Essence » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:10 pm

First off. Chances are if you backlash one Kurina they won't play a second one(all the same I'll reply to your situation, and if they do you force them to throw away a lp early which isn't a good idea with only Blitz soldier out. Best counter I've found is...

Turn 1> Kurina <Backlash>
Turn 2> Set Monk <They Set Kurina>
Turn 3> Play Salamander and use ability on Kurina <They set Blitz> Kill Kurina(takes slight luck)
Turn 4> They get -1 LP(Because who packs 3 Kurina?) Set salamander(to backlash theirs - Gowen's predictable) Hit with monk if 30 damage he's almost out. He kills Monk Salamander kills him. He kills Salamander ss activates(Maybe exploding spores - gives monk ranked up chance to 1 shot him and always kills no matter how little damage monk did)
Turn 5> I like playing salamander again to save sp, but that's not in stone. Just play whatever you want.

Also if they have a killing ss(from Kurina) you'll still get exploding spores off which guaruntees monk kills blitz turn it activates. Only people I've seen turn this around is Dryad users, but I don't like using on a row two card even if he's out there solo it will be going to waste later, and could give you the edge anyway). Also I say this at my own risk because I run Blitz. Anyway, good luck :P
Essence

Postby teasel » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:49 am

most people who pack blitz are people who spent money on the game and so they certainly pack 3 kurina (there is no reason to not do so since she revives for free anyway) they also like to throw exploding spores in front of the blitz soldier so *bam* there goes the salamander along with any way for the monk to reach the blitz soldier and a tip like "use SS to kill the blitz" sounds really dumb... you do that then what? the opponent revives the blitz and you are back to square one
teasel

Postby Essence » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:03 pm

She's there to revive for free. Can help early with attack power. Having 3 is just throwing away a card that could be far more useful than her. 2 is the efficient number. As for spores you're not going to work around that. It's just something that happens. Also a ss at a good time is always beneficial. The idea is to make the other person use them at the wrong time. If you use it when you do on purpose it's good.
Essence

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum