Lawtia combined with some Refess

Strategies and Card File Construction

Lawtia combined with some Refess

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:51 am

I got myself imperial order that i use quite often versus archers, it's the only card that dosn't mess up my strategy when spending SP on non lawtia cards.
Since i play that one i might aswell play other refess cards, i took the Folrart Shield Knight to get some serios defence at start, then decided to use even more refess cards that i already have in my deck so i can get rid of animated death and other cards that have become useless crap.
I got 2 x Ruby Curbuncle, 2 x Blessed Acolyte, 2 x Spear Knight, but have no idea when to stop using refess and start the lawtia and it takes difrent timing vs each faction, but i am 100% sure it's worth it.

Someone can help?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Re: Lawtia combined with some Refess

Postby Grain » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:09 am

Unless you're using Lycanthrope [Seraph] as a soul skill, playing level 3 Refess cards is very expensive.
Grain

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:40 am

i dont got that guy

As i said i tried those cards as tanks at start, but they are not much help because of lack of timing i guess, could be the SP too, but i am sure they do a better job in late game if they replace magic doll and animated death, what do you think? :/
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby teasel » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:09 am

why not go with gowen? salamander is always a nice addition to every deck and makes for an awesome target for counterattack and dryad will make the lawtia tanks even tougher to crack
teasel

Postby lupos » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:06 am

I run a lebeau/mad priest + Abel deck some times. It's tricky to get working just right, but man being able to heal those two every round, plus a KP for extra sp, was really nice in set 1. Could probably come up with a more practical strategy now that we have more cards and better sp generation for Lawtia.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 am

Well it seems my extra tanker strategy worked only when i left the refess units for the late game, the time when i have no or almost no support from my lawtia tankers.

Faced 1 falkow (not the best player out there .. only had to place tanks for the rest of the game)
and 1 lawtia player ( 7 win streak + good playstyle ).

So in late game both players usualy have some high amount of SP, or at least i have. When you feel like your lawtia tanks are soon finished you start placing the refess tankers. With this i managed to keep my lycantrophs much longer alive and that also helped a lot.
I never got the chance but if i would have had just a bit more SP i would even have managed to use the spear man's ability.
And if you have LaBeau as Soul Card things get even worse for your enemy, either boost the lycantroph or a tanker.
I boosted the lycantroph so the only option left for him was to use his magic dolls since his elite crest knights died already.

Won in both games, but maybe this was just luck, like any other lawtia strategy, you place something "dangerous" and hope you don't get countered too much.

About the gowen card addition, well i have only few gowen cards, 2 battle monks, 2 archers, 2 bear killers and 1 sword (+20 AT).
If i get driad i am going to try this, but otherwise ... meh. It's not like i picked gowen cards when i had the chance and now i am a bit more interested in improving refess and lawtia only. :/
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Return to Annarose's Sanctum