A Breakdown of Files - A Refess Story

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: A Breakdown of Files - A Refess Story

Postby harvest4god » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:44 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:BTW there seems to be stuff you could add for this new set maybe? Like something with kirin or maybe knights?

Trying to wait for the dust to settle and get solid files out there first. :)
harvest4god

Postby gadu » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Regarding your Eternal Morning section:

If a person doesn't have any of the rare cards you mentioned, is the file as terrible as my 11 game losing streak indicates?

I have:

All lycans
3 Lavende
3 folrart standard bearer
3 shield weak
3 refugee citizens
Rats

I used to have 3 daybreaks, but recycled all of them thinking i would never get lycan cards...
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:10 am

Morning lycans are pretty bad don't bother with them.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby kirk22 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:21 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Morning lycans are pretty bad don't bother with them.

Sad but true. It really is a shame, they have such great synergy.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby LoneKnight » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:58 am

The problem is that they don't synergise well at all. Seraph is essentially nothing like any of the other morning lycans, and the rest of the lycans are AGI 3, meaning they don't benefit from each other's buffs, nor do the units that turn it into morning.

They can kinda work in the lvl2 morning rush, since it has a number of units with lower AGI, but even then more of a support tank than anything else.
LoneKnight

Postby Otonashi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:57 pm

EM's current weakness is that it doesn't have an easy way to guarentee the time of day before the turn starts. Daybreak is the earliest time changer at Open skill phase, but they're unrecyclable and they are SP you aren't getting back, not to mention 3* rarity, and they can't be used for anything else after they're played. Verlaat is next at AGI 4 start, so he's vulnerable to Open skills, Soul skills, and AGI 5+ starts. The others, Standard Bearer and Lavende, are AGI 4 actions, so they're vulnerable to AGI 5+ actions, all start skills, all soul skills, all open skills... In contrast, Eternal Night has EX Riza, who sets up Night the turn before, Succubus who sets it up at the Open skill phase similar to Daybreak, but has extra use as soul skill trigger (Which is good, because if things go according to plan then your Lycanthropes won't be dying to trigger them), a light attacker and an awesome Action skill, as well as refunding SP when it closes, and even Magic Doll -Melee- SS which I rarely see used (probably because the previous options outclass it), IN ADDITION TO Eskatia and Night Soul (Who are similar to Verlaat and Standard Bearer, respectively; Except that Night Soul can trigger night earlier if it's closed, but AGI 4 Action is the latest possible time Night can be generated)

Not to mention, morning lycanthropes are very few and lacking variety in abilities compared to Night lycanthropes vast and still growing arsenal.
Otonashi

Postby Romdeau » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:18 pm

Somehow I get the feeling morning lycans were designed more for flavor then anything else, another one of those "well that sounds cool, let's put it in" design approaches.
Romdeau

Postby donhoavon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:22 am

Romdeau wrote:Somehow I get the feeling morning lycans were designed more for flavor then anything else, another one of those "well that sounds cool, let's put it in" design approaches.

Wait till we see noon lycans. I bet the fail will overflow.
Pancakes wrote:I live inside the warmth of your hearts
What he didn't mention is that the warmth is the 100 degrees Celsius of heatstroke.

Peralisc2 wrote:my brewed chicken showed me the future
donhoavon

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:11 pm

The problem is they aren't even cool. They are all pretty boring aside from seraph and maybe angel. Mostly because during the morning they basically turn into units of other colors (seraph feels lawt and angel feels falk).

I don't find their "not so good" morning making options too troublesome because

a) Weiss is just so good.
b) they are not useless without morning, while night lycans ARE.

Also, recovering daybreak... that would be a good skill for some folrart mage-like unit.
LoneKnight

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:01 pm

LoneKnight wrote:Also, recovering daybreak... that would be a good skill for some folrart mage-like unit.

Good point, I kind of feel like if that was introduced morning lycans should be modeled for more of a 3's rush. Having no succubus style morning maker is a huge problem for SS coordination and sin fodder and such, and maybe with as little as 2-3 cards and maybe a tiny errata morning lycans could emerge as legit.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum