A Breakdown of Files - A Refess Story

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: A Breakdown of Files - A Refess Story

Postby phailures » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:45 am

I feel that 4th Shrine Leader Elace needs to be required for Shrine knights to work. She essentially solves one of the weak points of the deck: low hp. She also takes some of the grim hate from zero onto herself because of her revive skill(for free) which lets your shrine knights grow in atk power(another thing they are lacking).
phailures

Postby Romdeau » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:20 pm

I disagree with "required". I think she certainly makes mono-refess SK viable, but return SK can still work without her.
Romdeau

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Only because return is broken. Take return out of the equation and the captian becomes a need not a want.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Or maybe because it's an entirely different file?
LoneKnight

Postby harvest4god » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:13 am

phailures wrote:I feel that 4th Shrine Leader Elace needs to be required for Shrine knights to work. She essentially solves one of the weak points of the deck: low hp. She also takes some of the grim hate from zero onto herself because of her revive skill(for free) which lets your shrine knights grow in atk power(another thing they are lacking).

I updated it. I need to go through them all and update since we have had 1.5 sets come out now lol. just haven't got around to it.
harvest4god

Postby phailures » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Yeah I meant solo shrine knight.
phailures

Postby Spears » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:21 pm

GOSCAR wrote:Only because return is broken. Take return out of the equation and the captian becomes a need not a want.

Not true.
Spears

Postby Nehless » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:18 am

I think you should add judgement hammer to big refess. it's a good card for end game
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby harvest4god » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:09 am

Updated based on new sets.
harvest4god

Postby Seizan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:06 am

You might consider updating descriptions too. "Sunlight Knight 2* (most common level 2 tank after Kaldrao)"? UD card certainly doesn't qualify as most common anything.
Big Refess =/= Starmander. One could easily run Vet Pala, Shadow Spirit (missing from list BTW) and Bastandorra/Fistara/Folrart Mage+Magic Bolt with some degree of success. Star Dragon's counter requires that you build your deck with constant sphere drain in mind. It's most common type of Big Refess, but far from obligatory.
Why SK have 0-3 as required, while Carbuncles only 3, with Opal being curiosity, not necessity? Required Carbs are: Emerald (open, dmg boost later if you run 2+ copies), General (nuke), Amethyst (free revive), Diamond (survival) and Agate (dmg boost + biggest attack). Both Jade and Ruby are optional back up tanks, Sapphire is meh (I can beat pixies without him, played early can backfire on own Emerald/Wisp and now also Opal), Opal with his current counter is nothing more than curiosity, open is Wisp replacement (without ability to save from HoG).
<rant>Sapphire should be changed to "random enemy unit" or, at the very least, "random not [subtype: Carbuncle] unit" to be considered playable again.</rant>
Seizan

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum