@speed lawtia decks

Strategies and Card File Construction

@speed lawtia decks

Postby victorcarbon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:50 pm

Wow. I don't really see an easy way of getting around dealing with this with my current setup, atm.

The dominant decks ive seen are the speed lawtia and refess decks with burning sun/exploding spores combo.

Anyone know of any tricks from a gowen perspective to do ANYTHING against these guys?
victorcarbon

Re: @speed lawtia decks

Postby Forsakensoul » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:55 pm

Personally I use Flame Emp... I run Katrina and Blitz to hold them off for a few while building up my SP then eat them alive with flame emp and then fire dragon with 3 sylphs to up the speed of the fire dragon.

I normally have the affordability to sac the flame emp once or twice to deal 50 dmg again and again... assassin and merciless death ruin my day though.
Forsakensoul

Postby victorcarbon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:03 pm

i have two flame emps

the issue i had when i took him out was the fact that ther was ALREADY 4 cards of theirs on the field and i wasnt generating SP enough (even after letting 4 of my guys eat at my soul cards and 2 rapid growths) to keep my burns coming.

My generally strategy (that seems to work out well) is launch emp after initial little monsters beginning phase of the fight and spend my racked up sp on flame tornados and fire arrows.

The starts been my bread and butter except for when i face the best of the best who play these two types of decks.
victorcarbon

Postby Cheezy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:22 pm

Anyone care to explain what a "lawtia speed deck" is?

Just using a lot of high-agi cards?
When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
Cheezy

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:53 pm

Cheezy wrote:Anyone care to explain what a "lawtia speed deck" is?

Just using a lot of high-agi cards?

Stuff like Dalos, Broke Iron Soldier, Fenir, etc. You know, the stuff that makes you just wanna cringe.
Romdeau

Postby victorcarbon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:14 pm

yeah eskatia, chaos lady, fenrir, broken solder, dalos that are cheap and rip apart everything
victorcarbon

Postby Grain » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Should a level 5 be able to kill (several) level 9's as easily as Dalos can?
Grain

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Grain wrote:Should a level 5 be able to kill (several) level 9's as easily as Dalos can?

No, but that's just the power of the Oni. Nobody can stop the oni once he's been unleashed! Except maybe undine...
Romdeau

Postby Awod » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:24 pm

The worst part is his special isn't limited by range he can safely hide away and just clear your board instantly.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby jasta85 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:06 pm

dalos IS powerful but keep in mind his ability is very costly. most decks that i see him in are built around him (and maybe another big creature), he's not something you can just throw out randomly and hope to use well. a 3SP ability is something you're only going to be able to use about every other turn unless you have prepared ways to get more SP.

so, he is strong but there are other monster decks out there who can take him on in similar ways. plus the usual assassin or salamander soldier SS can mess up a strat like that.
jasta85

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum