@speed lawtia decks

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: @speed lawtia decks

Postby GunCastor » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:11 am

If your opponent has 3 or more sp between turns, do all you can to prevent it from attacking. I usually use Undine and then have everyone else beat the ever-living crap out of it. A lot of lawtia players rush to bring him out so he ends up having little to no support on the field with him. Assassin SS also does quite well on it, as 5 sp to bring it out is quite hefty.
GunCastor

Postby Logress » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:03 am

If I'm playing a low creature count deck and Dalos actually has decent support I sometimes just use Thunderheads. It one-shots him and most Lawtia tanks. Sure, it could cost my a copy of my own guy but Dalos probably will do that anyway.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby victorcarbon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:19 am

well the deck i run is a decent counter to dalos, now

low level guys getting pumped around 75 hp and filled with defense makes dalos a pretty easy nut to crack

but then corrution, ninja, and all those other fun things those decks run make the deck come out victorious
victorcarbon

Postby Romdeau » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:38 am

Logress wrote:If I'm playing a low creature count deck and Dalos actually has decent support I sometimes just use Thunderheads. It one-shots him and most Lawtia tanks. Sure, it could cost my a copy of my own guy but Dalos probably will do that anyway.

And what if this strategy ends up striking 2-3 of your units? Then your hosed.
Romdeau

Postby Logress » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:18 pm

It could happen. Although I'd never do it if I had 3 units on the field. Play the numbers, if only 3-4 units are on the field total on both sides, you've got a pretty good idea what's going to happen. I admit, though once I was up against a guy with 5 units on the field (including Dalos), and I had 3. Of his 5 units, one was a sacrifice (spore) he was planning to use to trigger his Soul Skills. Of my 3, one was a sacrifice unit I was trying to get killed with 20 HP, one was a guy with 60 HP, one was a guy with 30 HP I really didn't want to lose (it was the only one I really didn't want to get hit). He was low on copies of everything, so I would have been happy if I killed just one of his 4 non-spore units. Of course, I hit his spore, and both my non sacrifice units (the spore explosion killing my guy with 10 hp left). That was the end of that game.
Logress

Postby neonsun » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:22 am

3 sp is price of most field clearing spells other spheres have !
HP=50 -> killable fast , with any grimoire or high AT unit.
His agi can be decreased.
He can be soulbinded ,corrupted ,petrified, ignited,returned,mercilessly killed, sacrificed, and assassinated

and this is the same for any high lvl unit (behemoth) in the game , except they usually get more HP

Conclusion : Dont hate the ogre , hate the game !!!
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Postby Porky » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:35 am

neonsun wrote:3 sp is price of most field clearing spells other spheres have !
HP=50 -> killable fast , with any grimoire or high AT unit.
His agi can be decreased.
He can be soulbinded ,corrupted ,petrified, ignited,returned,mercilessly killed, sacrificed, and assassinated

and this is the same for any high lvl unit (behemoth) in the game , except they usually get more HP

Conclusion : Dont hate the ogre , hate the game !!!

hehe, his hp 50+the 10 def makes most soul skills unable to 1 shot him. Even if you decrease his agi he still isn't that easy to take down and theres only 1-2spheres that can reliably decrease agi. you can't ignite him? merciless is your 6sp for his 5, soulbind/sacrifice/corrupt buys you 1 copy of him. We are talking about dalo's right? Its actually pretty hard playing return file against a lawtia, and there's only 1-2 ways to return dalos, mystere and shear wind + ss. mystere can be soul bound, life pacted, and the list goes on, or they could even just shade you.
Dalos is strong there isn't a need to argue against that. But is he brokenly strong? I don't think so.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Logress » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:21 am

The Japanese like these kind of Lawtia cards, set one had the Zombie Lord. These cards that are right on the edge of being broken and that are a little harder to take down then just simply doing damage (ZL had regeneration, Dalos has his speed). I think it's to give the opponents of Lawtia the idea they're fighting supervillians. Generally, they are more effective when used later in the game and you've got some SP saved up, or you've got other big cards on the field at the same time. Otherwise, they're not too scary.
Logress

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:29 am

My theory is that their trying to make every sphere's base units (as in not requiring special conditions like night) exceptionally good at a certain level range. Gowen seems to have the best level 1-2s in the game, Lawtia seems to have the best level 4-5s in the game. Refess has the best... uh... level 6-7s? I'm not so sure about that, Coatl's one of the best level 6s, but Phoenix isn't anything special, and Holy Dragon isn't necessarily any better then the other level 7 dragons. Then Falkow... maybe level 3-4? Renally really is amazing for a level 4, and Femiel does some amazing things for a level 3.

Overal though I really do question if Dalos isn't just a little too good, if he shouldn't have 10 less base attack or 1 less AGI then he does. Even weenie rush decks freak out when they see him hit the table and their probably his worst match up. As a level 5 he should be a frightening force, but the fact he seems to outclass just about every other unit in the game (and if you have 3 sp then he outclasses 3 of your units at the same time) just seems to be a bit much.

In anycase the ways I've dealt with him usually involve getting out alot of my high hp units if I suspect he's coming, or focusing all my targeted damage soul cards/grimoires on him the moment he hits the field. If I was controlling the field prior to his dropping then I can some times out last him, but if we were even or he was controlling then theres usually not much I can do at that point. All that speed and the ability to basically wipe my board or 1 shot my high levels means even if I was controlling things I can still have my lead stripped away, but after you face him alot you start to get a better feel for when he's coming and your better able to know when to start saving sp for your targetted damage cards. That only works however if your controlling the field, other wise you can't afford to save sp with out digging yourself so deep a whole he won't even need dalos to finish you.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Phades » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Of course lawita can self target flesh recycle or corruption to work around targeted damage cards, since stat adjustments always happen last it seems. Dalos seems to be the level 5 equivilant of the brave soldier/panther soul combo wrapped up into 1 card. I suppose the only thing holding it back would be the 3 sp requirement, but lawita does have acess to the +sp grimoires as well allowing at least a 2 turn chain of use under the right circumstances.
Phades

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum