The Renaissance of Big Blue

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: The Renaissance of Big Blue

Postby Anima13 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:01 am

donhoavon wrote:would love to try this file, and possibly make my own. Too bad I lack the rares

Yeah you are probably not the only one with this issue :D

by the way the replay doesnt seem to work for me anymore. Not that I didnt watched them several times but maybe for others who didnt saw this file works those plays could be useful.
Anima13

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:07 am

Gah. I'm guessing all the links for everything got messed up in the transfer. Will fix when I have time.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:16 am

Replays fixed (I think).
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Anima13 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:32 am

meany spammers ruining this wornderful thread.... :(
yep the replays are up.

Ok, something I was thinking about for a longer time is, that there are plenty of files (mainly mid and big) where a late/mid Leviathan would be a wonderful conter. Falkow have also some intresting options for leviathan like unidines, regus patroler or frozen lance (ok there arent that much...). But if its about protecting him there a problem appears. Most tanks (the few falkow has) are all low agi. And while you would boost levis agi when you revive him, you cannot boost the tanks agi each time it dies. I mean its a tank you expect it to die more often.

If you would build a leviathan file or use leviathan more in your file, what tanks/other units would you add to him as support?

Due to the agi we are already pretty limitted and the few that comes in question arent that great too. They either just have a bit more hp but no real def or they are outdated mids with useless skills which noone uses.
Leviathan supposed to be a sea behemot, but I doubt vosrot would thank his auto skill, It is like it should never be with behemots together.....
Levi is also a monster, he tolerates djinn and you can see a bit synergy with azure beast master but would you use a 20hp buffer in a big file?

The only units I see fitting there are elite fencer and renally. Maybe also blade wyvern but that would be super risky. I am just kinda surprised a card can recieve that few support from its own subtype.
Anima13

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 am

Okay look. People try to bend over backwards sometimes to get levi working and it makes no sense to me. The whole point is that if you play levi in the right spot he is totally owning. You don't need a tank at all. You don't need leet or renally or anything. If levi doesn't work in a certain spot you should not have played levi in the first place.

I only use 1 levi. Played at the right spots he wins me games. Just 1 copy. If he dies who cares let him die and move on to something else with the 8+SP edge he gives you.
GonFreeces31

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:07 am

Okay so a few comments on Levi.

So generally you can play Levi as early as turn 4. Now how can you do this effectively with only 1 levi? Well, the most basic example is verse a Guardian or EX Lap open... So when you play Levi they will have a... Buncle/Guardian/Knight Captain OR Sunlight/Elite Aco/Wisp on the field. Okay so at this point you regus patroller. Then, you just let him return everything he can.

Now, after you regus it is VERY IMPORTANT that you REST and not attack. Attacking and killing things like shades, wisps buncles, this is all going to be very bad because it's going to activate their SS which are going to kill your Levi. Salamanders you will want to kill though because they do too much damage. But really, you want to keep your levi alive as long as possible and use and reuse your Undine as much as possible as well. I legit have had games, like I had one verse Undead where I kept Levi alive and cycled my one Undine for the first 14 turns of the match. So almost every chance you get, rest. You can let Levi's auto skill slowly sink in and cause problems, and then I usually always work in sea wyvern, and also strike wyvern. Both are fast enough that they can tank in front of Levi and not get returned by him.

Hmm so what are some common files it's good to levi against...
- Monsters (rhino/gorilla)
- Lawt (early hellsmoke very vulnerable)
- Guardian/Solar
- Urgrant (I have made Urgrant player quit before by rushing Levi and using Undine to return Urgrant)
- Serpent (can get tricky if they use an undine on you, but you can always play your undine at least to lash. Levi returns the early Sea Claw)

So if anyone has any questions about how to work in Levi or how to deal with certain situations feel free to ask. Like this file took me many hours upon hours of deep thought and contemplation to figure out. So if there is stuff you don't understand questions are always good. What also makes it harder is that it's really different from other big files. Like here you are fighting for field control and SP. You are not trying to kill everything, just take field control and get SP edge.

Also, many situations you will learn are really bad to push out levi. I learned the hard way many times just how hard he is to get going in different games. So while he totally owns sometimes, he is totally useless in other spots. Like if the other person is working in agi 3 units or something, you might want to go through a Legyre cycle or two before proceeding into Vonderam/Turtle or some other combination.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:04 pm

So no one else has seen this? Or tried it? No big blues anywhere? Am I really the only one who gets this type of file?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby CainHyde » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Sorry Gon.
Barely have any of the card required to try big blue. :|
I don't even remember any of my account actually have both Leviathan and Regus patrol in the same account.
How about the other member of your guild?
Do any of them have enough card to tried it?

Btw in your opinion, was Big Blue and Leviathan usage is generally harder than Dio control or more or less same?
I never played with Dio control, but I believe I already got played enough by Dio control player.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Anima13 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:33 pm

I am collecting I just need a half year or a whole to get all the cards :D
I have most of the low rarity ones levi and the wyverns excuded. I still need time to get the high rarity ones. I will start with cath........
Anima13

Postby rsvlito » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:43 pm

I've tried big blue before and it was mostly a giant tortoise and vonderam file. It was fun and even beat some sk files. I just don't have all the cards I want for a decent big blue.
I shouldn't have bit my fingernails, now it hurts to pick my nose :(

"Less QQ more pewpew"
"They See Me Rollin They Hatin"
"Haters Gonna Hate!"

Gowen = Fire
Fire = Intensity
Intensity = Power
Power = Win
rsvlito

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum