Question

Strategies and Card File Construction

Question

Postby Burnerflash » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:31 am

;a40 Does anyone know a good way to use revolver knight(red) ;a40
Burnerflash

Re: Question

Postby EvilGenius » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:24 pm

Burnerflash wrote:;a40 Does anyone know a good way to use revolver knight(red) ;a40

For reference, "Red" is Gowen. :D

Anyway, Revolver Knight is one of my favorite Gowen cards.

Lvl:03, LP:02, HP:40 (60 w/ Rankup), AT:30, DF:00, AGI:02, RNG:03
Rank up: Gowen sphere Lv.5[HP+20]
Charge: 2SP, Do [ATx2] to a random enemy unit within range. Do [50% Max HP] to this unit.

Revolver Knight (RK for short) is probably one of the slower Gowen units. It's also got a lot more HP than most Gowen units to make up for it. I typically use RK in the mid game, after I've established a field presence with Kurina, Blitz, and Combat Monk. I'll already have a level 5 Gowen sphere by then (mainly for Combat Monk), which means I get a 60 HP unit for only a level 3, that is capable of doing up to 60 damage alone. With the introduction of Set 2, RK has gotten pushed back for bigger units, but his presence in the starter still grants some use before you acquire more cards.
EvilGenius

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:29 pm

Quite the general question you've posed there. Revolver Knight is very similar to the set 1 Refess ranged units, he's got pretty high HP allowing him to potentially go front row though in general I'd say my favorite place for him is in the middle row allowing him to take shots at your opponents row units that are normally safe and giving you a secondary wall for your opponent to have to get through to get to your truly fragile back row units. Ranking him up isn't essential for him to be useful but if you do he effectively becomes a blitz soldier with an extra range and we know how popular that guy is. Of course blitz soldier is a level 2 so to really be worth using Revolver Knight needed a little something else and that something is his charge ability. Being extremely expensive its not something you should use very often, it costs you half your hp AND 2 sp, but when facing down some of the ever popular high level hits of the current format it can be quite the life saver. Drop a magic weapon on this guy and he can 1 shot most every normal unit, or charge down almost every high level unit. That includes the ever popular Coatl with Holy Dragon support, whom is it is EXTREMELY helpful if you can 1 shot do to his counter ability.

Just my general thoughts on him.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Burnerflash » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Thanks for the info.. lol i have two revolvers in my current cardfile but i hardly use them...ill try using the revolvers then
Burnerflash

Return to Annarose's Sanctum