Non-Big Refess strategies

Strategies and Card File Construction

Non-Big Refess strategies

Postby Porky » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:44 am

Its that time again, lets discuss and discover a possible refess play style that is some what competitive. Big refess is some what competitive but loses out to a few play styles.

I'm attempting to build a level 2-4 creature focused refess decks, any suggestions? The idea is that this deck should beat or atleast be on equal level with the popular set ups in Folrat, that means Lawtia with Dalos/Fenrir, Speed Gowen (I actually beat this), then the big creature decks-Which i'm having a lot of trouble with.

All constructive suggestions are welcome, I have access to most refess cards besides Verlaat and Advent. Refess is so incredibly under played right now=( And we all know variety is a great pleasure in life=)
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Re: Non-Big Refess strategies

Postby slashzero » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:08 am

I haven't run into many people using Refess, but the only one I have met that didn't utilize Holy Dragon + Coatl massed units along with Raid Leader and also made use of Angel which really hurts when there's 4-5 units on their side of the field in the morning... he also had Lavende out.

Against big creature files, there's nothing Refess really has to counter them except for Refess high levels or Legendary Unicorn (but that card isn't useful enough to pack 3 of them), so I think the most practical solution would be to have an Undine or two and gain field presence before that dragon/whatever hits the field. Maybe combo that with a late Assassin SS/SSSS, or at least a 20x Refess SS.
slashzero

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:11 am

I'll keep my eye on this thread. I'm very interested in hearing any kind of success stories from Refess players (aside from having a load of 4 and 5 star cards :oops: ).
EvilGenius

Postby jasta85 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:29 pm

Holy Dragon / Coatl is probably the hardest for me to beat, i've faced it probably about 7 or 8 times by now, and have managed to beat it just 2 times. interestingly enough i only think i fought it with my lawatia deck so i dont know how my falkow would do against it since that deck can take a lot more punishment.

anyway, as far as other refuss strategies. i've fought 2 refuss decks using smaller creatures that were quite well done, although i cant remember exactly what they had but they made use of a lot of the set 2 cards obviously. burning sun / exploding spoores is another combo although that often turns into a coatl deck itself.

seriously, the coatl is probably the nastiest creature refuss has going for it right now, and since they also have a grimore which reduces a creature's defense to 0 it can even take down large creatures. i think the game will be focusing more on large creatures in upcoming expansions.
jasta85

Return to Annarose's Sanctum