Man some falkow tips!

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Man some falkow tips!

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:28 pm

want some tips for falkow?

haste soldier sea hunter, vordore, then slphy vordore all the way to the bank. that simple.
if the guy looks like he may actually have a chance, return that fast level 2 card that posed any possible threat to you.
if you lose a card, dont worry, if you have at least sub-decent soul skills, they will save you
evaunit01

Postby AnnaTheRed » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:43 pm

chiyeung wrote:thanks guys!
my record is 33-25 now :D

Congrats! ;th2
I'm Gowen, and I used to hate using Falkow, because I just didn't know how to set up for the end game.
But I've been forced :P to play other spheres at conventions, and realized that Falkow is probably my second favorite sphere now.
Many people already have the counter for the basic strategy, but you'll learn to splash some cards from other sphere as you duel more.
Anyway, if you want more advice, enter the chat room anytime.
There usually are people hanging out (including myself), talking about strategy & silly stuff, and they're very friendly. (Right, guys??)

SadistOkita wrote:It is a very lame sphere...

When you make a comment like this, please explain why you feel it's "lame."
You don't need to ask anyone on the forum how to play. When you see a better player just learn from him. First hand expierence is the best you can get.

Experience is important, true, but we encourage people to ask how to play, discuss strategies, and share opinions in this forum.
If you've looked at other topics, you would know this is where players help other players. ;)

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby SadistOkita » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Great. I explained it all in a large post and when i pressed submit, i got logged out. >_>

I will keep it short this time, so i can copy paste it, just in case that happens again.

So basicaly you got:
- sylph and undine which can control the order the units move, they have good range and even if they have only 10 AT they manage to kill some salamander and usualy help you with your kills
- at least 2 pinpointers which get you an easier kill and because of the above you can kill some units before they can attack, which means you reduce incoming dmg and waste his SP / units faster
- a good tanker that you place in the front and you can add eagle soldier or another unit with decent hp as a tank
- sorcerer guard which makes falkow have decent tankers, even if he kills it, it will be a greater waste for him than for you
As if the tankers weren't good enough ... you can move/place sylph/undine in the front row to reduce more of the dmg that your tankers take and activate your SS.

When the odds are even you just play your return! Or you just play it to gain field control ... if you know what card to take out, it hurts him so damn much and not to mention what happens to his backrow units. You can't revive the unit that got returned with 1 SP, you need to waste again your SP and it makes you lose 1 turn.

A falkow rush deck beats a gowen rush deck.

Just watch out for -SP "events" during your games, you shouldn't underestimate what the lack of SP may cause.

If you add up all above bonuses this sphere has, you only get to see a part of what makes it so lame.

The falkow starter deck is so much better compared to the other starter decks...
SadistOkita

Postby GunCastor » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:28 pm

Here are some things I found useful when playing as Falkow:

- Cyclone, if used at the right time, will stop Gowen rush decks and never allow them to recover
- Deep Sea Hunter is a good first level 3 to play since he will last for quite a while
- Eagle Soldier can hit anything on the field with 1 sp, highly useful for hitting that annoyance in the back of your opponent's field.
- Return, Undine, and Slyph can be used to break combo's so you don't lose the advantage. Lycanthrope decks and Brave Soldier/Panther Soul are common combos but there are many others as well.
- If someone has low hp but high sp, use Undine's Open Ability and beat it with your other units until it closes. That is what I mean by Undine being able to break combos.
- Deep Sea Squid is an awesome level 4 card with huge hp and the ability to split damage. 30 damage to 3 units hurts Gowen Rush but it costs 2 sp.
GunCastor

Postby BlueFlame » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:22 pm

GunCastor wrote:Here are some things I found useful when playing as Falkow:

- Cyclone, if used at the right time, will stop Gowen rush decks and never allow them to recover
- Deep Sea Hunter is a good first level 3 to play since he will last for quite a while
- Eagle Soldier can hit anything on the field with 1 sp, highly useful for hitting that annoyance in the back of your opponent's field.
- Return, Undine, and Slyph can be used to break combo's so you don't lose the advantage. Lycanthrope decks and Brave Soldier/Panther Soul are common combos but there are many others as well.
- If someone has low hp but high sp, use Undine's Open Ability and beat it with your other units until it closes. That is what I mean by Undine being able to break combos.
- Deep Sea Squid is an awesome level 4 card with huge hp and the ability to split damage. 30 damage to 3 units hurts Gowen Rush but it costs 2 sp.

Cyclone? I haven't heard of that one... don't you mean Tempest?
A great combination for DSH is to dish out a Sorceror Guard early game after Song Sorceror. Keeps his def. high before or after he attacks. His 30 ATK is great to swipe small units out of the way. To further gain control use one slyph only early game. You may want to save the rest for Vordore or even use it to buff other units. 3 RNG-3 SPD-and atk bonus with Vordore is simply awesome. Return balances the field I feel now with the new set. Definitely helps against Refess units and Lawtia units. If you want to mix it up too, add Priest of the Holy Word. ATK and DEF bonus are great. He's got no health and no attack, but his SPD is four. Just enough to buff any other units around. Oh yeah, he's only 2pts in Refess. Relatively cheap.
Deep Sea Squid costs a bit, and so does his skill, but played right, you'll never have to worry. I use the starter deck with no squid, but if I play right, I can have about 5 SP always from mid-late game. Play smart, have a good deck and SC, know the enemy cards. Shoopdawhoop!
BlueFlame

Postby DWildstar » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:00 pm

BlueFlame wrote:Cyclone? I haven't heard of that one... don't you mean Tempest?

[card=89]Cyclone[/card] is a great Falkow Grimoire card that returns ALL cards level 2 and under to their card file. I've been able to return a field of 5 Gowen cards using it before :D
DWildstar

Postby EvilGenius » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:07 pm

AnnaTheRed wrote:There usually are people hanging out (including myself), talking about strategy & silly stuff, and they're very friendly. (Right, guys??)
AnnaTheRed
;a40

:twisted:
EvilGenius

Postby jasta85 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:12 am

DWildstar wrote:

[card=89]Cyclone[/card] is a great Falkow Grimoire card that returns ALL cards level 2 and under to their card file. I've been able to return a field of 5 Gowen cards using it before :D

unfortunately it's a set 1 card that does not come with the starter set which means you gotta buy set 1 boxes or packs (which means you're gonna be getting a whole lot of cards that you already have.)
jasta85

Postby Romdeau » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:12 am

jasta85 wrote:unfortunately it's a set 1 card that does not come with the starter set which means you gotta buy set 1 boxes or packs (which means you're gonna be getting a whole lot of cards that you already have.)

Not true. I doubt you have a play set of "most" cards in set one-therefore, you're buying cards you could potentially use when you have enough to switch to another sphere.
Romdeau

Postby GunCastor » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:45 pm

DWildstar wrote:

It also throws those Sylphs and Undines back in to my hand so I can use those opening skills again.
GunCastor

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum