Deckwatch: What are you seeing out there?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Deckwatch: What are you seeing out there?

Postby Mirth » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Welcome to Deckwatch 9/30/2008!

What Deck types have you encountered recently? So what are you seeing out there now? Trends?

Flavors: Refess, Lawtia, Gowen, and Falkow.

Deck Types I've seen in the past (and combinations):
Refess: Endless Morning, Coatl, High Defense Blockers (Folrart Shield Knight, etc.) + Heavy (Coatl, Dragon, etc.), Anti-Dalos (just out of his special ability reach), Endless Healing
Lawtia: Endless Night, Dalos-based, Board Clearing, Regenerating (Zombie Lord, etc.)
Gowen: Level 3 and below rush, Mid-level (4-5 focus), Earth Dragon + Support, Rank-Up, Spores + Increase by Fairy Dance/SS.
Falow: Beastmaster, Level 3 and below rush, Azure Dragon, AGI increase/decrease
All SS: Defense Increasing, Damage, Board Clearing, Assassin.

Recently~

Of the four flavors, I'm seeing Gowen quite a bit over the last two weeks. Maybe 3 out of every 4 battles. I'm guessing it is still currently "THE" starter deck to acquire.

Of the types, I'm seeing Gowen Level 3 and below rush AND Mid-level (4-5 focus) the Most.

Sprinkled throughout: High Defense Blockers with Endless Healing, Endless Night, Beastmaster, AGI increase/decrease

Least seen deck: Refess (1 of out at least 15)

So what have you been fighting against recently? (I'll try to update my own experiences in another 2 weeks!)

Thanks!

Sincerely, Mirth ;loading

...Decks will increase and decrease in popularity like clubs, presidents, and flavors of ice cream...
Mirth

Re: Deckwatch: What are you seeing out there?

Postby darklogos » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:50 am

One thing that I've seen is more and more Dragon Emp decks. I've played at several different times of day but Emps are all around. Another thing I've seen is lots of Lawtia decks. Mostly building up for Dalos. I've also seen the gowen rush deck a lot as well. Board clearing effects become more necessary. I've seen more Reffess then Falkow.
darklogos

Postby Azul » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:26 am

Huh, whaddaya know. I was actually planning on making basically this topic, since I hadn't seen any of the sort pop up anywhere, but lo and behold, I check tonight and there is one.

Similar builds I've seen played by different people, rather than one person I've been encountering frequently:

Lawtia: Fenrir + Succubus fueled aggressive decks, usually with other Lycan support
Lawtia: Norweiden or Zombie Lord with HP-boost
Gowen: Earth Dragon with Magic Weapon, Fire Dragon
Gowen: Below level 3 rush
Falkow: Agility boosting (Beastmaster, Femiel, Song Sorceress w/ Sea Hunter)
Azul

Postby friedtofu » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:24 am

I saw Falkrow big creatures.

Stocked up for a lvl 9 Falkrow, returns all lvl 2 and below. Crippled me. Pumped up the Dragon with Dryads and if want the autoskill to go first, Sylphs. Its like unlimited use since they keep returning. While getting stocked up for a Renally (?) that 20 Def lvl 4 Falkrow person... Dangerous with another dryad... haha
friedtofu

Postby Logress » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:00 pm

I've been seeing Lawtia slowly overtaking Gowen in Folrart. I call it Lawtia "anti-heroes" lots of strong character cards, Dalos, Black Dragonrider, XXXX (both versions), Noirweden, even Dical. They don't really work together, but any one of them alone is a threat, so when he has 3 or 4 of them out then it doesn't matter which ones you take out with your Grimoires or Soul Skills, he always has enough left to blast you. A lot of players who consistently Rank week after week use it.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby jasta85 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:54 pm

most competative refuss decks seem to revolve around either spores/burning sun, coatl, holy dragon or a combination between them.

The nastiest 2 falkow combos i have seen used the dragon emperor to clear the board of your low levels while he pounds what you have left. SS cards help take care of the opponent's strong greatures. the opponent would constantly bring out dryads to pump up the emperor's defense and his ability would return them so he could bring them out again, very nasty combo.
Another one was a guard captain reenly deck which had her and dryads to boost her defense. combined with her ability to do 2X her defense as damage she was consistantly putting out bursts of at least 60 damage while her 30 defense negated most attacks. late in the game the dragon emperor came out again to finish off the opponent.

Gowen is probably the most diverse right now just because it has so many viable strategies. you can use low level creature rush or big creature decks and they all work. havnt really seen a majority of any particular type.

Lawatia powerful decks usually revolve around delos although endless night decks are still popular. i've also seen use of the dragon emperor in order to clear the board prior to bringing out delos which is very effective.

the more powerful decks seem to be revolving around larg creatures now along with abilities that either return, disable or kill off low level creatures. a few exceptions of course but that seems to be the growing trend.
jasta85

Postby Romdeau » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:35 am

jasta85 wrote:The nastiest 2 falkow combos i have seen used the dragon emperor to clear the board of your low levels while he pounds what you have left. SS cards help take care of the opponent's strong greatures. the opponent would constantly bring out dryads to pump up the emperor's defense and his ability would return them so he could bring them out again, very nasty combo.
Another one was a guard captain reenly deck which had her and dryads to boost her defense. combined with her ability to do 2X her defense as damage she was consistantly putting out bursts of at least 60 damage while her 30 defense negated most attacks. late in the game the dragon emperor came out again to finish off the opponent.

I really can't believe that this is a trend or has more than 5 players playing either ever.
Romdeau

Postby darklogos » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:33 pm

I was telling people in the chat last week that the 5star monster decks are becoming more common. Guess seems to be more evidence stating so. But Lawtia is the sphere to beat. Corruption is the easiest card use to nueter almost any monster. It is more powerful then burning sun because it doesn't have a level restriction. Lawtia has just about all the options you need to take down the other spheres right now. I find it funny that people are still complaining about Gowen when most gowen decks are just pure angel soul skill/panther soul clones of each other.
darklogos

Postby Grain » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:37 pm

Romdeau wrote:
jasta85 wrote:The nastiest 2 falkow combos i have seen used the dragon emperor to clear the board of your low levels while he pounds what you have left. SS cards help take care of the opponent's strong greatures. the opponent would constantly bring out dryads to pump up the emperor's defense and his ability would return them so he could bring them out again, very nasty combo.

I really can't believe that this is a trend or has more than 5 players playing either ever.

I've done it a few times.

The Dryad thing isn't nearly as easy as it sounds.

I wish I had a third Meaning of Failure...
Grain

Postby Romdeau » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:42 am

Grain, I'm really surprised to hear that you've played Falkow-and with some of the most rare cards in the game! When did this happen?! :shock:
Romdeau

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum