Martial Artists: Where's the Kung-Fu?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Martial Artists: Where's the Kung-Fu?

Postby Romdeau » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:20 pm

So after playing my current version around 10 games, there's very few files that give MA trouble. I noticed a trend, adjusted my SS and took out what was unnecessary. The result is quite strong-again, not top tier (like Urgrant) but can keep an even toe with most files, including Star Dragon, Big Red, and Mid Lawt.
Romdeau

Postby Pancakes » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Removed at moderator's discretion.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Pancakes » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:38 pm

You removed my comment because it is taboo to ask someone about a return that they placed into their file?

How so? This is the Strategy Section and the Martial Artists thread! So I asked you a strategy question about your martial artist file and you took it as an insult? Why is that? You placed a return in your file and I asked you about the return, how does that merit the comment to be removed? I asked you a question and you didn't respond.

Again, I ask why?

Is it because you took it as an insult? When I was asking you for your strategic analysis of a game that we both played in? I don't get it.

How is strategy in Alteil supposed to evolve when people apparently get their feelings hurt when asked to analysis the effect that their returns are having in a game. I mean, think about it. That game we played was martial artists vs Knights. Who else am I going to ask about the effect of a martial artist file's returns upon a knight file? Where am I supposed to go to get an answer. I figured this would be the PERFECT place, and yet I come here only to see that my comment has been removed?

I don't get it.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Callonia » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Romdeau, don't remove his comment because you can't handle his question? If you rely on returns then well meh whatever.
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:08 pm

I mean really Pancakes? Knowing your personality and position on certain SS/ "OP combos" in the game, it just came across as a whiney excuse to let other people know what I was doing to handle Star Dragon and other less favorable match ups.

No, I do not "rely" on returns via Pullermia but I choose to sacrifice some LP so I can fair better in some situations. How should I know what would've happened in that match if you hadn't immediately quit? You may have bounced back and the effect would've been just a delay.

Excuse me while I hold down some other political minority from voicing his balance opinions regarding a specific player and his file.
Romdeau

Postby iambad » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Romdeau wrote:I mean really Pancakes? Knowing your personality and position on certain SS/ "OP combos" in the game, it just came across as a whiney excuse to let other people know what I was doing to handle Star Dragon and other less favorable match ups.

No, I do not "rely" on returns via Pullermia but I choose to sacrifice some LP so I can fair better in some situations. How should I know what would've happened in that match if you hadn't immediately quit? You may have bounced back and the effect would've been just a delay.

Excuse me while I hold down some other political minority from voicing his balance opinions regarding a specific player and his file.

Why are people so sensitive when we talk about return? Beating a dead horse I know but still. When you talk about fierte or anything else you think is important we don't jump to conclusions just because you have said something similar in the past.

Back on topic, playing Martial Artists as a mid gowen type deck seems to be more effective against more types of decks, and helps against the return weakness. What do people think about rushing out dandan and playing mids most of the game?
iambad

Postby Romdeau » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:00 pm

You clearly didn't understand my reasoning either. Do you have an actual question for me or what?

Playing DanDan first is pretty damn standard for me, I do it in most matches.
Romdeau

Postby kore » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:00 am

I still prefer kurina>tiger>sala>rapid growth>dandan> dio>dista>bringer I did try to put diffrent units for example olvaus instead of bringer but for me it didn't work. Also opening with combat monk wasn't that great. The only thing I'd change with it was gaia monk which had great at at mid-end game.

As for martial arts I think you just can't stick anymore only to gowen martial arts units, you have to add/mix something to be competetive.
kore

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:21 am

I actually think Kurina-Tiger puts you at a severe disadvantage vs. Falkow. Yeah you're right you need to splash a LITTLE but not much. I've tried out several end games and 9 times out of ten where Bringer helped, there was something that could replace him and be just as effective.
Romdeau

Postby LoneKnight » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Okay, but was it the same card? I mean, if you need to replace 3 cards with 6 (shin and olvaus? idk I don't play MA) that's not exactly a great trade.
LoneKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum