Martial Artists: Where's the Kung-Fu?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Martial Artists: Where's the Kung-Fu?

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Uh, no Bringer isn't that ridiculous...and no I didn't need to replace 3 cards with six.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Kurina tiger. Great verse a lot of lawt. However you open like that verse falkow or refess you might as well quit turn 4.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby ProtoExemplar » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Romdeau wrote:So after playing my current version around 10 games, there's very few files that give MA trouble. I noticed a trend, adjusted my SS and took out what was unnecessary. The result is quite strong-again, not top tier (like Urgrant) but can keep an even toe with most files, including Star Dragon, Big Red, and Mid Lawt.

I can see Bringer pretty much carrying the entire file against things like Star Dragon, Big Red, and Mid-lawtia with maybe a little help from Dandan (who is basically another mid-red unit). While the auto-inclusion of Bringer is about as unavoidable as the inclusion of returns in a Falkow file, I feel like it may not really showcase what Martial Artists can actually do.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. Care to post the file sometime after you tire of playing it?
ProtoExemplar

Postby Pancakes » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Romdeau wrote:I mean really Pancakes? Knowing your personality and position on certain SS/ "OP combos" in the game, it just came across as a whiney excuse to let other people know what I was doing to handle Star Dragon and other less favorable match ups.

No, I do not "rely" on returns via Pullermia but I choose to sacrifice some LP so I can fair better in some situations. How should I know what would've happened in that match if you hadn't immediately quit? You may have bounced back and the effect would've been just a delay.

Excuse me while I hold down some other political minority from voicing his balance opinions regarding a specific player and his file.

I mean rally!!!

I asked you did you think that you would have been able to defeat the knights file I was playing had your martial artists not had a return in it. It was a simple question.

Because I will explain to you what my impression of that game was. In the beginning I figured I'd lost when you placed a monk of the single strike against my front line. I figured the damage output of your martial artists would be much greater than the tanking ability of that particular version of knights that I was testing. In fact you MIGHT remember that I was on the backfoot early on, and was quickly about to face an imminent field wipe, until I played an armed citizens on my guardian which healed her and buffed her attack just enough so my field could make a nice comeback. However after killing 3-4 of your units for the second turn in a row,I knew that your SS was about to fire so I was bracing myself for a reversal of fortunes that would probably cost me a couple of turns or more to recover from.

Basically, it had been a surprisingly even matchup from my point of view and I had no idea which file was going to win because I'd never played knights vs martial artists before.

In my mind when your return combo went off it felt like watching the finale of Harry Potter, the showdown between good and evil, only to have Papa Smurf teleport inbetween them out of nowhere and say, "Psyche! roll the credits!"

My point was going to be that I didn't feel your file needed a return in it in order to beat mine. But since you say that you don't think you can beat stardragon without it. I guess I can't really argue with that. Even though I think I could beat stardragon with basically the same file you were playing.

I just have to say, it seemed like the closest thing to an even matchup that I've experienced in this game for a long time. Gowen doing what Gowen gon' do. And Refess doing what Refess gon do. I mean for the rest of you guys who didn't see it, it was like 3 refess units vs 5 gowen units, until papa smurf did what papa smurf gon do. For the entire time I felt like I had my back against the wall, but in a fun way. Ultimately I just didn't think your file lacked enough of anything to say it needed that return. You can take that any way you like. But I left the game because in the end it turned out to be a martial artist c@ck tease. I was hoping you'd 'risk it all, even your pride' on the merit of the martial artists! Which noone seems to have been willing to do so far. Well it seems not even you entirely trust them yet. :(

This is why I asked did you think you needed the return. Because maybe from your point of view you did think you needed it. But now you've already explained that I just got punished for the fact that your afraid of stardragon I guess. But really there are better ways for Gowen to defeat a stardragon even without Bringer.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Just using two 20X can do it. Stardragon burns through a lot of LP with those salamanders and the ref player uses a TON of SP on that guy and you can just 20X nuke and iczer a few times.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:06 pm

OK can someone provide screen shot evidence that I have used Bringer in my martial artist file? I keep getting these "assumptions" in these posts I'm reading and frankly it's a bit irritating (specifically exemplar in this case). Last I checked, shelby-song is a valid, balanced, and fairly expensive (2 SS 3LP) move to make in a design file. Now, if you have a problem with that SS combo in general, I suggest you voice that instead of pelting my entire file for what I believe is a fair way of plugging up some weaknesses.

I do not use Bringer and think he is unnecessary/outclassed by other options available to me in this particular file.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:19 pm

You took out Bringer for more returns, removal SS and cheese! I know it!!!! Rawr! This invalidates your whole file imo!!

But seriously, how about adding stronghold and blade wyvern?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby ProtoExemplar » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:21 pm

My apologies if I've offended someone's sensibilities, but until a file list is actually posted people can only speculate what goes into your MA file. Anecdotes from other posters seem to suggest the inclusion of certain units, grims, and souls and I really have nothing else to go on other than that.
ProtoExemplar

Postby fargone » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:52 am

I know exactly what units are in the file.

Bringer is NOT one of them.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby ErnnLaties » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:38 pm

post some replays guys! And i was so sad I realized I only had 2 diosaur last night >< can't play martial artists eh?
ErnnLaties

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum