card chances

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: card chances

Postby Gota » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:25 pm

i only suggested all possibilities, i never said they all have an equal chance of happening with 20% each >.> i know that'd be ridiculous.

I'm just saying it should have a standard for ALL packs.

I never talked about probability.

We already know that the probability of alteil is super broken. I do wish it is somewhat more balanced, but it seems like it won't happen, so i won't even start talking about it, I'm just saying that the probability of rarity combination should have a standard, not equal probability of all combination of happening.

i'll give an example:
in a pack...
5% of getting 1 (5star) + 4 (1star)
15% of getting 1 (4star) + 1 (2star) + 3 (1star)
25% of getting 2 (3star) + 3 (1star)
35% of getting 1 (3star) + 2 (2star) + 2 (1star)
20% of getting 4 (2star) + 1 (1star)

Something like that, of course the percentages are all made up, but i'm just doing it to show what i was trying to say. That all packs should add up to 9 stars. Or 10 star or whatever star, but just a standard would be good. Again, I'm not exactly serious with the percentages, so don't flame me for it :x
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:41 pm

I remember a week or so ago looking through the japanese site and noticing something about the latest sets release (along with the upcoming Alteil 2) and what I read about the set from my poor japanese seemed to be that they'd increased the odds of getting good cards now. The odds of getting high rarities were all improved for boxes, and 3 stars were now guaranteed at least 1 in every pack.

Not saying that's 100% true, it was just what my poor japanese translation was when scanning the japanese site one day, but assuming I did read correctly, its a change I hope comes to the English game as well and sooner rather then when we too reach set 11.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Gota » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:55 pm

that would be really nice, before today, my impression was that we were guaranteed at least a 3 star in packs ~.~ total disappointment when i opened mine today.. :/

and the rarity does need some fixing ~.~ getting copies of 5star cards are so expensive >.>
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Logress » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:42 pm

The increased chances may just be because the Japanese sets got smaller and smaller, they may have had to do it to stop you from getting the same cards over and over from box two on... I'm not sure, I haven't heard anything about it either way.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby darklogos » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:52 am

I only recycle now when i have 4+ of a card. I learned the hard way not to recycle. The best way to earn gran in all honesty is to win. This gives you increased chance at card battles and you get a better allowance at the end of the week. Do Mirage Master and you will gain money as best as you can. Make an efficient deck and win.
darklogos

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum