How viable is this card file?

Strategies and Card File Construction

How viable is this card file?

Postby Gauze » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:24 pm

Just wondering how well/poorly my current card file will do in the top arena...I guess I'm lucky that Gowen has some pretty amazing low level cards, but would the current state of my card file mean any bonus Treasure fights from the event would be pointless?
Attachments
test.jpg
test.jpg (154.61 KiB) Viewed 870 times
Gauze

Re: How viable is this card file?

Postby teasel » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:31 pm

i don't see how the deck should be able to pull off high level card such as efreet and the fire dragon not to mention there is no much point into putting only a few copies of them... the rest looks ok
teasel

Postby Grain » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:43 pm

There's no point in having more than 1 high level unit if you don't have any +4 SP grimoires and/or a Dryad Soldier soul skill.

Fire Dragon is not a good high level card to play loosely without a strategy made to keep it from dying.
Grain

Postby angelatheist » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:30 pm

I would definitely want a 3rd salamander, its one of the best cards in the entire game. You might also want to use a 20 x Gowen level soul card.
angelatheist

Postby Romdeau » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:33 am

I don't think posting this is a good idea...your future opponents might return to this page.
Romdeau

Postby Gauze » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:27 am

Eh, I don't mind posting it. I figure in a week or two, my deck and strategy should be different...probably.

My only issue with another Salamander is I'd probably lose three LP for it. At the moment, I'm pretty much guarenteed to loss two LP currently due to Salamander use. They are usually used to clear the enemy area of a stragglers. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how often the enemy has stragglers from this point on.

As for the Efreet and Fire Dragon...I really only use them as a last ditch effort and usually only 1 of the 2. Out of the five times I've tried the Fire Dragon, I've only won twice because of it. So it's not a very good last ditch effort but it's better than curling up into a ball and giving up. Though I would love to replace him with either another Efreet or an Earth Dragon.
Gauze

Postby Porky » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:41 am

If you have an assassin or salamander soldier, use it as a soul skill. The biggest difference between some of the better players and the newer ones is assassin soul skills, it is game breaking.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby friedtofu » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:50 am

Not only would you need to get the Assassin/Salamander Soldier soul skill, you need to place it correctly in the SS slot you want to use. Also, preparing with a lvl 1 or lvl 2 monster to trade off is awesome since it drags the monster to their grave and they cannot revive it.
friedtofu

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:34 pm

Definitely remove the fire dragon, as a rule of thumb never use a single copy of any unit that doesn't have an positive (aka non-blitz soldier) open skill, close skill, or an ability that will send itself to the cemetery.

Also don't forget, Salamander with his 3 range and 30 ATK is one of the few level 1s open skill units in the game WORTH reviving. His open skill is nice, but if you need his field presence or your wordied about your LP, its not necessarily a bad play to revive him. Knowing when to let him die and when to keep him around is one of the things that seperates the best gowen players from the average ones.

So yeah, if you have an extra Salamander I do think he's worth replacing fire dragon.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby SadistOkita » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:51 pm

remove wyvern and that dragon of which you also got only 1 copy
those 2 won't ever help you much ...

change your SS, they're really beaaaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAaaaddddd ddddd .... ddddd!!!!!!!!
magic doll 2nd or 1st would be better ...

also remove 1 magic weapon or one spore card and add the brave soldier

then you got an ok deck
SadistOkita

Return to Annarose's Sanctum