Challenging the Meta

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Challenging the Meta

Postby Phades » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Yeah and that leads to people hitting the "give up" button early and offending some people, due to the lack of communication through the type text and can easily be interpreted as someone attempting to forefit farm wins to save time.
Phades

Postby Porky » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:23 am

The idea about a specific point in the game that loses you a game is sometimes true, IF the opponent plays a flawless game there after, a simple mistake on their side or even pure bad luck to which creature is attacked could change the situation, thus I believe it is often too early to call it quits just because you become behind at a certain early point in the match.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Phades » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:18 pm

The same can be stated for your side of the table as well. Manipulating targeting, sp, and field position while on the losing side of balance isn't going to happen in order to work around the "what ifs" after the fact.
Phades

Postby vickz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Anyone play MTG? You can kill people in 1 turn in that game. So.. I think this is a step up, in terms of actual playing.

Just my 2 cents.
vickz

Postby Linnear » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:03 pm

I think its somewhat easy to tell when you have lost and won. When playing my rush deck, I find that clearing a field and playing safe therefore after keeps me ahead. Even if they wipe out my first two cards (Monk and Kurina) I usually still have Salamander, Magic Swordsman, gowens little archer for SP build-up. Bring out Revolver Knight or buff with dryad to keep my small units going. Even if I lose ond or two cards, my SC's are activated which further wipe out the other field. I either then heal my damaged units or if I have enough SP to spare, attack their LP.
Linnear

Postby friedtofu » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:11 pm

haha. MTG in 1 turn, only if its all the cards... At least in recent decks or at least onslaught and beyond, turn 3 or 4 will usually be the deciding turn.... or longer if you're control...

maybe more... but i recall turn 4 being the turning point for most decks
friedtofu

Postby vickz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:27 pm

Type 1 or Type 1.5 turn 1 kills were pretty common using moxes. Even in type 2 Mirodin, after they introduced moxes and artifact lands, turn 2-3 kills were feasible. Afterwards, I'm not too familiar with.. I stopped playing cuz it was so expensive to play type 2.

But this is off topic. The real issue is assassins are great! I love them.
vickz

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum