Gownen Users and combos

Strategies and Card File Construction

Gownen Users and combos

Postby Ginjiro » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:11 am

Hey im Gin. Yea ive had sorta of a losing streak
im Gowen( REPRESENTIN XD) and i need to kno some good combnations for gowen
Also if u can tell me wuts a good card file tht uses 2 spheres i would greatly apreciate tht

Ps: how is a Gowen/Falkow card file

;a40
"So am I still waiting for this world to stop hating?"
Ginjiro

Re: Gownen Users and combos

Postby Grain » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:33 pm

What cards do you have available? Have you bought any gran at all?

One very useful (when used wisely) combo is Brave Soldier + Panther Soul . Panther Soul is a 3 star card from the original set.

Do you mean a Gowen file with sprinkles of low level Falkow, or a file with equal levels of Gowen and Falkow cards? If you plan on using level 3's of both types, I recommend you use either Dryad Soldier or Sage Owl as your first soul skill. These two cards are from the Dragon Emperors set.
Grain

Postby Ginjiro » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:51 pm

Grain wrote:What cards do you have available? Have you bought any gran at all?

One very useful (when used wisely) combo is Brave Soldier + Panther Soul . Panther Soul is a 3 star card from the original set.

Do you mean a Gowen file with sprinkles of low level Falkow, or a file with equal levels of Gowen and Falkow cards? If you plan on using level 3's of both types, I recommend you use either Dryad Soldier or Sage Owl as your first soul skill. These two cards are from the Dragon Emperors set.

i dont have panther soul -_-'
and i dont have any falkow support card( well i do but not the great spirits slyph and undine)

This is my card file
3 combat monks
2 salamanders
1 mantle de fau
2 lighting archers
1 fire arrow
1 charge
3 brave soldier
2 belly dancer/kurina
1 fire tornado
2 berserkers
2 archer scouts
3 bearkilling axeman
and 2 magic sword dual weilder

and yes i get gran but from mirage master i dont purchase

;a40
"So am I still waiting for this world to stop hating?"
Ginjiro

Postby Grain » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:21 pm

Replace that charge with a third Salamander. I've never liked charge, Magic Weapon is just as good in a lot of situations.

Unless that Mantle de Fau is an EX card, I recommend you switch it with a third Magic Duel-Sword Wielder when you get one. I would switch the Archer Scouts with Fire Wyverns and get a third Lightning Archer. Bear Killing Axeman is another card I don't like. I switched it with 3 Revolver Knights as soon as I could.

What are your soul skills?
Grain

Postby Forsakensoul » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:15 pm

Combos combos combos, There are a few ways to play gowen at the moment. Since you don't buy gran then the big creatures are out of it so that leaves you rush.

Rush is very good and can be very easy to play. Cards like Kurina, Blitz Soldier, Salamanders, salamander knight or whatever he is, and the regen lizard are all very viable options that can help you. You can also use the druid to give things that 10 def not to mention she has 10 def her self so she can't always be weenie smacked.

The point behind rush is to get out 4-6 creatures and just overwhelm your opponent. Using the monk with the 5 points needed in gowen is very useful as you can equip him with magic sword and really dish out damage. The only problem with this is he has weak hitpoints so he tends to die fairly fast.

If you play hardcore rush then you are going to want to pack 3 fairy dances so you can buff your low hp creatures. You can also pack the soul card in the 2nd or 3rd slot that gives 40 hp and max 40 hp to 1 creature. This is very helpful on the lizzy so he regens more.

Not as many people are packing armor reduction so you can play 1 of either alponce or of la beau in the 4th slot to buy some time. People are packing things that eat through armor so you have to consider that and the great amount of assassin type soul skills.

Sadly rush doesn't do well against the big creature decks. unless you plan on packing 3-4 of the 3LP Soul cards, then the big creatures can easily wipe your board. This is where you require fire arrow and fire tornado. You want 3 fire arrows and I used to run 2 fire tornados as a just in case measure. Normally 5 Gowen points can do it but sometimes I put upwards of 7 or even 9 if I am running brave soldier w/o panther soul. This causes you to do massive dmg to everything.

You really just have to play and figure out how you like to play the game. Look at the meta game and figure out what you need to pack in case you encounter something of that nature and can you take care of it.

Figure all that out and well, ^_^ you have your answer to your combos.
Forsakensoul

Postby Linnear » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:22 pm

I runa Gowen Rush since I don't have any big creature's or good cards in general that are new.
I think what really helps a rush deck is modifying the SC's as well. Exploding spores first followed by row damage (Magic Doll, Berserker, Moonlit W.) can help too. If you have Refess Ernst, put him in there too. Guessing an opponents opening moves are great too. Especially Lawtia. The second OP with Shade is pretty easy to guess. Try to get Kurina out maybe early-mid game. Mid-game is a little late but good if your units are alive and late game is pointless.
Linnear

Postby Romdeau » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:41 am

I really don't understand how Kurina could be pointless at any time in the game unless she's the only card you have left and for some odd reason you decided to play every other card in your deck. Her 20 attack is unimpressive, but most people play her early because she's cheap and free to revive-not to mention her rigged +10 field wide attack. If you have even 2 creatures out late game, that 10 attack can make her worth playing-because she is a free revive! If she wasn't then of course I'd agree with you and say Kurina's garbage anywhere outside of early game.
Romdeau

Postby JudeBlack » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:15 pm

I play Kurina as a sacrifice for my Dryad Soldiers to pump up my Lvl for rank up. She goes on the front line with Combat Monk and I keep praying she gets smacked rather than him and dies off first. Is it an ideal strategy? No, but it works at times.
JudeBlack

Postby Candi » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Personally, I feel Kurina+Monk is a bad combo. Any gowen unit with rankup that is played and not ranked up is played at lower potential than it could be - unless it's a pointless stall I feel this is a waste. Ranked up monk has 5 AGI, so he acts before Kurina and her buff does not help herself. Thus, the two of them as a pair have little to no synergy.

Blitz and Kurina however make a lovely pair. Or Kurina and any AGI 3 or less unit really.
Candi

Postby JudeBlack » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:28 pm

I don't have Kurina there for the buff, she's there to potentially take hits for the Monk and keep him around longer.
JudeBlack

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum